Primary Returns Live-Blog

We’ll get started tonight around 6:30pm or so this evening.

• Hill Rat says:

I’ll go on record, and say that Deal wins comfortably in three weeks against Handel.

Deal will get endorsements from Kingston and Johnson, and it’ll be all over but the crying for Team Handel.

• Henry Waxman says:

I think it says a lot when the Handel supporters have to use a George Soros funded group as a resource and an authority in their attempts to discredit Mr. Deal’s 30 years of dedicated public service.

Do you have anything from any other Soros groups, such as MoveOn.org or the Center for American Progress? I’m sure Team Handel is on their mailing lists.

I think the astute observer recognizes this list was created during the heat of the ObamaCare debate partially in an effort to help discredit the Ranking Member (aka lead Republican) of the Subcommittee on Health.

• AthensRepublican says:

Agreed. I think Butler’s mass robocalls won him more votes than he lost by people that were made angry from the continuous interruptions. Most people I spoke with voted for Everson (self included). I also think the alphabetical ballot placement cost him a few percentage points.

• Lady Thinker says:

I also voted for Everson and am shocked that he didn’t win. I have seen him speak several times and I though he had it hands down.

1. Doug Grammer says:

At midnight and 81% of the vote in, it looks like Sec. Handel will lead and Congressman Deal will be second, but only 33% of Chatham has reported. Sen. Johnson could still come in second.

• Biased says:

Also, Chatham was 7,000 votes, but the vote differential was 18,000 between he and Deal.

I suppose it’s time for this sock puppet to resign. It’ll be interesting to see where the race goes from here. I’m a little concerned that Handel’s negative campaign will backfire… what Ox or Johnson supporter will vote for her now that she pummeled their first choice? McBerry’s 3% also probably feel more than a little jilted…

Have to say that Handel will lose to Deal simply because she alienated all of the other voters. Now let’s see if they carry a grudge.

• Tireless says:

You are a “a little concerned that Handel’s negative campaign will backfire”. You under estimate the impact her negative campaign will have on her in the primaries. She ran a campaign based on the core principle everybody but Saint Handel is a scumbag. She received a third of the vote with the other 2/3 voting for others. I don’t see any chance in hell this 2/3 block will embrace the gender card playing, lying sack of poop.

What’s the old saying “win the battle, lose the war”. I hope she enjoys the short-lived results of yesterday.

2. Congratulations to Buzz Brockway for winning his primary! I don’t know anything about Jesse Jones (wasn’t that the guy who cheated on Sandra Bullock?), so I wasn’t sure if that was going to be in the bag or not.

3. Doug Grammer says:

With 99% in, the Ninth will have a run off…again. Congressman Graves had 49.5%. That should help Congressman Deal. I wonder if Mr. Tarvin will endorse Sen. Hawkins, endorse Congressman Graves, or just sit it out.

I am disappointed in voter turn out across the state. We will see how many come back in three weeks.

• macho says:

Hopefully, Hawkins will be a team player and drop out. Tom was so far ahead in this race, and Lee has lost 3 races in a row to Tom. For the good of the district, I hope Hawkins does the right thing.

• Joshua Morris says:

You apparently don’t know what’s good for the district.

“On June 12, 2009, Defendant Graves made a fraudulent transfer…”

“The transfers made by Defendant Graves… were made intentionally and with the intent to defraud Lender in the collection of the obligations owed by Defendant Graves to Lender so as to justify the imposition of punitive damages against Defendant Graves.”

• Kellie says:

Josh – The district has voted FOR Graves 3 times. Are you saying we don’t know what is best for us? You are sounded like Big Brother.

• Joshua Morris says:

Kellie, Tom Graves has outright lied to this district, and lots of folks have been all too willing to cover for him to the voters. After all the public focus lately on ethics in government, it’s mind boggling to me, but I guess it shouldn’t be.

• Soulja Boy says:

Josh,

Does Lee Hawkins have some compromising pictures of you that you’d rather not see released?

I can’t think of any other reason, at this point, that you’d still be trumpeting his cause. He’s a three time loser.

4. Ramblinwreck says:

I’d be in favor of an instant runoff system of voting in Georgia. The never ending runoff is getting to be a bit much and very expensive.

5. Doug Grammer says:

I really like Gerry Purcell as a person. However, he won every straw poll that he was in statewide and only got 12,.5%. Now we all know to ignore straw polls, if we didn’t know that before.