1. Lady Thinker says:

I think Oxendine is slowly realizing he is losing his gubernatorial chance because of his pattern of ethical problems and abuse. By attacking Karen on non-issues, he is hoping to divert attention away from himself. He is attacking because he knows Karen stands in his way and that she will be living on West Paces Ferry Road and he won’t.

As I said on another thread, Ox was a Democrat first and now is a Republican. I think he is quaking in his boots because he will have to choose between Barnes and Karen for governor and it scares him. He chose to attack Karen this way and thankfully, it will cost him votes and his chance to be governor.

• “He is attacking because he knows Karen stands in his way and that she will be living on West Paces Ferry Road and he won’t.”

She’s buying a place on West Paces Ferry? What a coincidence! That’s where the Governor’s mansion and Cherokee Town Club are. I’m sure she’ll love the area. Which house is she buying? 😛

• voter4 says:

This is very interesting. Somehow you sound that you don’t like people changing their political beliefs….. I am wondering, how come it is acceptable for Gary Black?

2. Jawgadude says:

Ox kinda stretched the “guilt by association” thing on the budget issues, but Karen’s Log Cabin GOP stuff has legs out here in the hinterlands. Even folks who aren’t necessarily social conservatives are turned off by how she has changed her story over and over. I hear more and more folks talking about Eric Johnson because they’re so turned off by Ox’s ethics and Deal’s piling on Karen.

3. macho says:

Ox, and his campaign staff, are a bunch of first class morons who may have just blown a guaranteed spot in the runoff. This is campaign management 101. During the last week of a campaign you finish with a strong, uplifting plan to make the voters lives better.

Instead of telling Georgians how he’s going to get them a job and lower their taxes, Ox has spent all of last week talking about gays. Sorry idiots, that advertising money should be spent about two months ago, not during the last week of the campaign.

What is especially comical is Ox is spending big money on multiple, anonymous direct mail pieces bashing Karen Handel, which is something you never do in a 4 person race. Nathan Deal and Eric Johnson should be listing the Ox Campaign on their next Disclosure reports as an in-kind contributor for all its money spent on bashing Karen.

Of course, the specific downfall of the Ox was his ego. The man has the worst voice, and charisma, in all of Georgia politics. During the last month of the campaign, he violated his 16 year Cardinal Rule – he went on TV and actually spoke. This allowed people to see how annoying he is and repealed the voters from his campaign.

4. GOPwits says:

If it isn’t one thing, it’s another… Time and again, Ox demonstrates that he’s as “dumb as an ox”… It is very likely that Ox will lose his runoff ticket to Nathan Deal.

Ox made the mistake of attacking Karen Handel on false charges, meanwhile one of the most corrupt members of congress slips by him into the runoff…

5. Doug Grammer says:

I’ll give that the first charge in the ad is way out of context, and Sec. Handel was announcing that she was concerned about the spending. (It’s spin, designed to make her look bad.)

On the second charge, the money may not have been used for abortions, but most of us know what Planned Parenthood is. I don’t think they should get tax dollars, ever, but that’s my opinion. It’s sort like giving a government grant to Hezbollah to serve mike and cookies. The money wasn’t used for arms to attack Jews…. Question that I don’t know the answer to: was the county required to give the contract and they were only organization that applied? I like to look at the whole picture.

On the third charge, she voted the right way, but it looks as if she said what she said. So, she’s guilty of saying one thing and doing another. At least she did the right thing.

• analogkid says:

I totally agree. Also, I’ve asked the same question you did in paragraph two before and didn’t get a response. If PP was the only applicant, then her vote is perfectly reasonable. If not, she may have a problem.

• Rick Day says:

It’s sort of like no such thing, except a strawman argument, Doug. Now, FWIW, I support NOTA on your team’s ticket, so there is no favorites there. I call fouls as I see it.

You, with one ‘sort of’ remark, attempted to meme plant KH as a terrorist with cookies.

If you don’t like her and you prefer one of the other loser clowns, then fine; man-up and bleat your support. But I call Bull on such an intellectually weak blorgument that PP is ‘all about the abortions’, and that KH would support something so repugnant, she deserves the Max Cleland Political Waterboarding™ ‘you people’ so fondly like to pull out (see current Deal, Ox negative ads, etc).

Do better.

• Doug Grammer says:

Rick,

For the record, as I have said many times before, I would be fine with Sec. Handel as Gov.

Secondly, I don’t agree with anyone 100%. I stated I didn’t agree with Congressman Deal on his “Ghetto Grandmother’s” remark, and I’ve pointed out a few disagreements on Com. Oxendine’s campaign.

Third, I pointed out that planned parenthood not using funds for abortions is like Hezbollah serving milk and cookies. I don’t like planned parenthood. I have met Sec. Handel many times, and like her personally.

Fourth attacking me doesn’t address the facts:

1.) The first attack against her was completely unwarranted with the source they used.

2.) She gave money to planned parenthood. They might have served milk and cookies with it, but don’t forget they occasionally kill children too. My question that remains unanswered is if the county commission was required to give a contract out or not. That puts the action in context. You may be fine with planned parenthood, but I am not.

3.) She voted the right way, but said the wrong thing. It’s not challenged, so let the chips fall where they may.

I think I’m doing just fine, but perhaps I need to state what I am thinking better. Your reading comprehension (or deliberate spin) that I am comparing Sec. Handel to a terrorist organization is out of line.

6. Henry Waxman says:

The craziest thing about the whole ad is that it claims Ox is an “outsider.” He’s held elected, statewide office since 1995. I would vote for another term for Jimmy Carter before I voted for that sleaze.

• EllaPatriot says:

Dont forget, I’m a newbie here — here is my take. With all of the bailouts, stimulus and government mandated takeover of private corporations and government mandated healthcare, peoplehave grown tired of incumbents. There is a heavy anti-incumbent attitude in this election season. We need fresh insights, not tired, old, politics as usual with people who make a career out of public service. That is just my take on the situation.