WSB-TV/IA poll

The poll Buzz teased earlier has been released. It has a margin of error of 3.5% and was conducted July 14 among 728 registered voters.

• Handel: 24%
  • Deal: 16%
  • Oxendine: 15%
  • Johnson: 13%
  • Chapman: 6%
  • McBerry: 3%
  • Putnam: 1%
  • Undecided: 22%

Discuss.

• polisavvy says:

Amen! I wholeheartedly agree with you. Some are thinking, “Is this the best offered?”

• EllaPatriot says:

Amen!! Jason, you are spot on. I sit and look at the governors candidates and say, “How could this happen?” The political junkies among us have worked tirelessly for true conservative candidates….how can this be what you are stuck with?

1. Soulja Boy says:

“Registered Voters” doesn’t mean a [email protected] thing. Another red letter day for Insider Advantage. Might as well poll everyone of voting age.

Unless they polled likely Republican primary voters, then the poll isn’t worth the 5K they spent to conduct it.

2. ACCmoderate says:

So it looks like Karen Handel and John Undecided will be in the runoff. I didn’t see that one coming.

3. Jane says:

Very heavy early voting in North Ga and in the 1st Congressional district. That does not mean Johnson or Deal are int he run-off, only that the race could be very very close between the 2 nd and 3rd position.

My prediction is that Karen Handel agrees to change the flag and that is enough for her to get McBerries endorsement and push her over the top in the Run-off.

4. Gonzo ATL Guy says:

Ox must be feeling the pain. He looked pretty silly on the news tonight, spouting off in his high pitched squeal about Karen Handel’s honestly. Given what’s been reported about him in the news, and the fact that it’s so close to the election, he should not be the one making that, or any, negative argument. He should have friends and paid hacks to do that, so he remains above the fray: statesman-like. His squeals only reminded voters that he is reportedly dishonest and made him look desperate. The fact he is squealing about Handel shows he has moved from thinking he will be in the run-off to feeling that he needs to bring another candidate down so that there will be room in the run-off for him.

Quite entertaining!

• CobbGOPer says:

I saw that story. Loved the cutaway shots of Lori Geary looking at him like he’d just been hitting on her. Which he probably did. You’re right, though: any consultant worth his salt is not letting him get on TV to literally squeal about how “unfair” the negative campaigning is to them. If you can’t take the heat, you know the rest.

• Provocateur says:

If you can’t take the heat, date Lori Geary? Not that that would be a problem…except with my wife. I’ll have to ask her permission.

• B Balz says:

What struck me about the report was not the timbre of Mr. Oxendine’s voice as much as the pettiness. The “He said, she said” format made them both look like children and not candidates for the top executive in Georgia.

I think the story bought Roy some votes, frankly.

5. John Konop says:

I would not count OX as out. If you blend all the polls all we really know is Karen Handel is surging in all 3. If you blend the polls OX and Karen are very close. I will stick with my prediction OX vs. Karen in a run-off.

• shadowmom0313 says:

Please tell me what Deal has done for Georgia. I’ve been here all my 54 years and taught history. Still can’t find anything (good) he has done. Will you please tell me why you would vote for someone we’ve had “on our side” for 18 years and did nothing and now you’re going to vote for him to be our governor? What do you expect him to do then–give a permanent contract to his salvage firm (with no bids)? He has experience all right–in being “one of the 10 most corrupt congressman in 2010”. He resigned so he could keep his benefits. Get real, people. There is no Real.Deal.

6. Doug Grammer says:

Here’s what the polls aren’t telling you. About 90K have voted in the GOP primary and about 60K have voted in the Dem primary, so far.

The Ninth leads the other GOP congressional districts, so far.

7. saltycracker says:

Turnout will be low as the primary voter must be ambidextrous –
    able to hold their nose with one hand and touch the screen with the other

8. True Grit says:

And read the bottom of the poll that also shows the results of the Mason-Dixon poll conducted during the same time period.

Oxendine 31%
    Handel-23%
    Deal-18%

The only things that seem to be consistent is that Deal is hovering at 16-18%.

9. GaConservative23 says:

I’m sure someone else has pointed this out, but does anyone else notice that the AJC puts the poll with Ox leading on the front page, but completely ignores the poll putting him in third?

The AJC obviously wants an Ox/Barnes slaughter. Because that’s exactly what it would be.