Palin endorses Handel

Sarah Palin, via her Facebook page, has endorsed Karen Handel:

I’m proud to lend my support to a great commonsense conservative woman running for Governor this year in the Peach State. My recent visit back to this beautiful area allowed me to meet more of the patriotic Americans who call Georgia home and who are ready for a reformer to help strengthen their families, businesses, state and, ultimately, our United States. Karen Handel is that reformer. Throughout her career in public office – from serving as Chairman of the Fulton County Board of Commissioners to Georgia’s Secretary of State – Karen has brought the common sense fiscal discipline and positive change in government that is needed now more than ever. Though considered an underdog candidate (more power to her!), this pro-life, pro-Constitutionalist with a can-do attitude and a record of fighting for ethics in government is ready to serve in the Governor’s Office. She’ll balance budgets and help spur Georgia’s economy. Her plan will contribute to America’s roadmap which can benefit all of us.

1. I’m speechless. The only thing I can hope for now is that this will siphon more votes away from Oxendine and Deal. If that happens, there will still be a Karen/EJ runoff. I believe that Karen may take first place on the day of the primary because of this and Jan Brewer. Congratulations to Mrs. Handel, she is running a fabulous campaign.

• In The Arena says:

Hey now, You may not agree with everything he says, but don’t rip on the kid. We need more people his age getting interested in politics.

• TalmadgeGhost says:

Oh don’t make me take up for a Republican youngster…

So what – So what if Handel not only participated in events with the LCR in Georgia but was one herself or Kyle is (not saying he is). But WHO CARES.

Oh Republicans, will you never learn. So many more people (including probably your’s truly) would be much more receptive to your ideas if they weren’t occassionally wrapped in homophobia, xenophobia, and contempt for the working class).

Kyle, you will find soon the liberal chicks are the most fun. When you make that discovery as I did, don’t fight it. Go with it.

• CobbGOPer says:

Ha! When I lived in DC I learned this bit of wisdom. All the Republican girls I dated were, well, boring. Started dating Democrat girls, and had a lot more fun. And they like Republican guys because, well, we’re not whiney wimps. Seriously, that’s what one girl told me was her rationale. Plus we tend to make more money, so I guess that helps…

Vote Republican, Date Democrat.

• Ambernappe says:

Unless age has really diminished my memory, you said that you are sixteen. I am almost seventy – get used to surprises! But stay involved.

• polisavvy says:

I hate to agree with you on this, but I think that there are a lot of women who will be voting for her strictly on the fact that she is a woman. It reminds me of NOW and bra burning.

• Ambernappe says:

poli,
        ACCm’s comment does not speak well for the men who have been endorsed by Governor Palin.

I believe that NOW is abhorent and would never burn my bras! The point is, many intelligent, community-involved, maternal, conservative Georgia women support Karen Handel.

By the way, I have not seen Lady Thinker in weeks to get your #phone number re: defeat of child sex trade.

• polisavvy says:

True; but, there are many women (and men) who do not keep up with politics, know very little about the candidates, and will vote for someone based on something as trivial as their gender. That’s the point I was trying to make. As far as NOW, well, it had some good points (some bad, too), and, of course, as far as bras goes, well, to each his own. I have burned a few!

• GOPwits says:

I suppose had Palin endorsed the ethically challenged candidate you support, that would be a reason a to support him huh?

2. Biased says:

I like how she called the one candidate who’s NOT endorsed by the Georgia Right to Life ‘pro-life’.

• Icarus says:

How many voters who identify as pro-life know (and like) Sarah Palin?

How many voters who identify as pro-life know (or care) who Dan Becker is?

Next.

• Scott65 says:

That doesn’t do much for the credibility of Palin or Georgia Right to Life now does it…I find it comical.

• James Fannin says:

Sarah Palin endorsed Texas Governor and “pro-life “candidate Rick Perry, who has the same views on abortion as Karen Handel and believes in exceptions for rape, incest, and life of the mother.

3. Progressive Dem says:

Nice coup for Handel. Risky move on Palin’s part. A slap in the face to Ox, EJ and Deal supporters.

The “Palin brand” can’t afford to endorse many losers. I expect the Handel campaign provided some polling that may have lowered the risk to Palin.

• In The Arena says:

You can put lipstick on a log cabin republican, but she’s still a log cabin republican.

• polisavvy says:

It’s becoming equally as old having a candidate paint all men who happen to be involved in politics as unethical and immoral. The broad brushstroke is old, very old.

4. bwjohnson83 says:

Wow. I’ve been down on Palin for a while. But this explains alot about her.

I think Palin in more interested in getting women republicans elected instead of the most conservative candidiates.

Handel is a moderate republican. I’m worried about giving her the keys to the state. She’s has to much questionable issues from the past for me.

I don’t understand the endorsment but I’m sure it’ll help.

5. The General says:

Yet again…another Governor from another state telling Georgia voters how they should vote. Don’t get it.

6. Muselaw says:

I think this is a perfect example of an impotent endorsement. Palin’s losing any credibility she once had by the day.

7. ACCmoderate says:

Every Democrat is praying that Palin decides to run for President.

The woman has ZERO cachet among independents. She might be Barack’s best hope in 2012.

• polisavvy says:

If she is the best the GOP can put out there in 2012, then it’s a cake walk for Barry.

8. TPNoGa says:

Well, this makes a huge difference to me. I love Sarah Palin. I have been between Karen and EJ, I am now leaning Karen.

I also like that she worked for a CPA firm.

9. TalmadgeGhost says:

Oh this just clinches it.

They are the same vaccuous person, with one exception. At least Karen is just a borderline Yankee (DC and northern Maryland) and not an outright nut-job like everyone else from Alaska is that I’ve ever encountered.

However, in my overall goal of seeing someone, ANYONE, elected to Governor that isn’t from South Georgia – this should help.

• CobbGOPer says:

In case you people forgot, the Mason-Dixon line is on the border of Maryland and Penn. Maryland is a Southern state; the only reason they didn’t secede is because Lincoln surrounded the state house in Annapolis with federal troops and arrested the state legislators who were pressing to vote to secede…

But yes, she’s not from rural South Georgia, and I think that’s a good thing. They’ve held disproportionate power at the Capitol for too long, to the detriment of our metro Atlanta area that provides the vast bulk of economic production for the state.

And the endorsement is a boon to the campaign and should help fundraising. As well, it’s just another slap to the ethically-challenged three stooges (ox, deal, EJ) who don’t have a chance of beating the Barnes machine in November.

10. Sandy Brothers says:

This settles it. Do we want to beat King Roy or not Republicans? Johnson, Deal, and the Ox are all ethically challenged and Barnes will tear them apart. McBerry is a joke. Chapman is a nice man, but hasn’t a chance. We dare not jeopardize our state to the Democrat agenda, which is very clear from what they are doing in DC. It is time to get on board with the only candidate who can defeat the Democrats this fall and that candidate is Karen Handel. Congratulations on the endorsement!

• SFrazier says:

Besides being a proven liar which is a huge ethical problem. Handel also received a contribution from Hamid Alaee. Four months later, Mr. Alaee’s company, Unique Design and Construction, received approval for a zoning modification from Handel and the Commission. Many other beneficiaries of Handel’s actions on the Fulton County Commission gave campaign contributions of up to $10,000, including Roberts Properties, Archer Western Contractors, Brown and Caldwell, Gresham Smith and Partners, John Controls, and others. In 2006, Handel received $10,000 from Fourth Quarter Properties, the real estate company involved in a notoriously shady land deal with Karen Handel’s old boss, Sonny Perdue.

• polisavvy says:

You seriously should consider trying to find some new material. You basically say the same thing each and every day. You try to change the wording around; however, it always comes out the same.

• Lady Thinker says:

SF and KD,

Are you noticing more and more negative post about Deal from more and more posters? Looks like Deal needs to retire so Georgia can grow with Karen. And with Jan and Sarah’s endorsements, Karen will pull ahead so much faster now.

• KariDee says:

I am afraid that this Republican will vote Roy in the fall if Karen is our nominee…….and I don’t think I’m the only one.

11. Ludwig Von Beachbum says:

It’s just this simple. If Sarah actually knew about Georgia and Karen she wouldn’t have shot herself in the foot. No way she can see Georgia from her house. But here again is that female bond we saw with the Arizona Governor. The same female bond that Eric and Icarus has.

Is there a Governor with a penis that has endorsed Handel yet?

Palin was a dark horse who was lucky to have a great ass and a nice set of hooters among other things which is the only things keeping the camera’s on her and me interested. If not of those attribute she would have been buried as deep in the political graveyard as VP candidate Admiral James Stockdale

Do I want to see her President? No. Do I want to see her naked on a Polar Bear rug ? You Betcha. Do I care what she thinks about Karen Handel? No.

• Ludwig Von Beachbum says:

Good question. Great question. Has Mother Teresa endorsed Karen…..wait, I think she’s dead. Lady Gaga ?

• James Fannin says:

What I really love about Sarah Palin is she makes normally sane people say crazy things and forces them to reveal their inner jerk. What kind of a woman hating cretin would actually put these words on a page? ”

“Palin was a dark horse who was lucky to have a great ass and a nice set of hooters among other things which is the only things keeping the camera’s on her and me interested.”

• Ludwig Von Beachbum says:

Me. You have a problem with honesty, Jimmy? Or are you gay ?

Now would I hate a woman if I wanted to see all of what most are showing already ? Because Jimmy. That dont make sense what you said. But girly feminine men always have to play the woman hating card.

I hate snakes. I wish they weren’t naked but I would still hate them.

• Doug Grammer says:

While Gov. Palin is attractive, there is more to her than just looks. I don’t think you hate women. You probably like them a great deal. You just have no class.

• Doug Grammer says:

Obviously, she helped fire up the GOP base in 2008. People will always second guess her choice as VP. If we had won, half of the ones questioning wouldn’t still be questioning. I think she is a walking success story going from President of a PTA to Governor to VP nominee. While some people may question Sec. Handel on RTL, I don’t think anyone doubts Gov. Palin’s commitment on the issue. I’m not going to spend all day singing praises about Gov. Palin, but you would have to be stupid to just refer to her looks and nothing else about her.

If that were the case, we would have (every) Miss USA running for office, and winning.

I can see why Gov. Palin endorsed Sec. Handel. Their stories are somewhat similar at a quick glance.

• Lady Thinker says:

LVB,

Still showing your disrespect for women, especially powerful women. We have brains too.

12. jimbob20 says:

Mr. Constable: I do not personally know you, but you seem to overstrategize this. Karen is going to remove votes from every candidate, whether it be oxendine, deal, mcberry, chapman, and yes, even your beloved Mr. Johnson. It is sad that you are commending Mrs. Handel just because your candidate may get in the run off because of this…(which he probably wont). To send congrats to someone like her is a little odd…

13. Animator Girl says:

Um, sorry, but what the hell? Why all the Palin hate here? I mean, don’t get me wrong, you can make an absolutely valid case that she shouldn’t have quit the governorship (though I disagree), that she can’t win the presidency (quite possible), and that she has any number of faults (yup), but GEEZ. Just say you don’t agree with her choice an be done with it.

I happen to have preferred Handel for governor for some time, both because I had the opportunity to meet her (and found her extremely genuine, unlike most of her opponents, like Oxendine, with whom I held a brief email correspondence last year), and because frankly, the competition has so many ethics issues that I’ve lost count. I don’t care how conservative you are: if you’re an a**hole, I don’t want you in office. I’m happy for the Palin endorsement for the simple reason that it will probably put Karen over the top, so much the better for Georgia. Thank you, Sarah.

14. capnswifty says:

Gender based politics are disgusting, even more so than race based politics. Quit harping on your home life, trashing other candidates, and actually talk about issues for once.

• Ambernappe says:

I will not repeat the links because this is a serial-rerun. KarenHandel.com has information regarding issues. Any questions, the campaign telephone number is included. REPEAT: Governor Palin has endorsed conservative men.

• capnswifty says:

Well then why does her commercial and mailout center around other candidates and not the issues at hand? Her commercial tells me nothing about her stance on issues, but that she is female and trashes the other candidates. She talks about issues, after she makes sure you know that she has a vagina, and came from a bad home life.

15. Dawgfan says:

I love these self described “Real Conservatives” using the exact same lines of attack against both Palin and Handel as your average staff writer for the New York Times. Makes you wonder what else they agree with the Liberal Elite on. The funny thing is that they would shout it from the mountain tops if she would have endorsed their candidate.

16. Ludwig Von Beachbum says:

I think some of you people getting bent out of shape that think others are phony conservatives because we dare bring this endorsement into question tend to forget that Sara chose to be on the ticket with who in this day and time could be compared as equally liberal or more so than Hubert Humphrey and Lyndon Johnson. John McCain has a history of siding with liberal democrats in congress. And you want to attack conservatives that see Sarah as a side show? So go pee up a rope. I had an higher opinion of her last week .

• SFrazier says:

I was once a big fan that will now join the rest in trashing the dumb bimbo, and I’m a girl.

• Pine Knot says:

I don’t think that kind of rhetoric helps an argument or position, but what do I know…

• Pine Knot says:

Btw, the endorsement didn’t make me happy either. I think Palin made a mistake, especially considering the abortion and honesty issues.

• Dawgfan says:

First, Sarah accepted an offer to be the running mate of John McCain. she did not sell her soul. Second, to say that McCain is as liberal as Johnson or Humphrey is just plain idiotic. I’m no huge McCain fan, but he doesn’t deserve to be slandered like that. McCain is just a fiscally conservative, pro-life, pro-national defense, and pro-gun as any so called “Real Conservative” you want to name. Yes, he has sided with the Democrats on some big issues to the disadvantage of Republicans, but that does not make him as liberal as Johnson and Humphrey. And I’m not attacking conservatives but phony conservatives that use liberal logic against good Republicans.

• Animator Girl says:

Firstly, I don’t think people who attack Sarah are “phony conservatives.” I do wonder why they tend to reserve their most vehement language for her when there are FAR more deserving Republicans. Example:

“And you want to attack conservatives that see Sarah as a side show? So go pee up a rope.”

Um, what? THIS is where you choose to pull out the phrase “go pee up a rope?” THIS is the battle where you use that? I don’t get it. Truly, it baffles me that the mere mention of Palin’s name brings out the worst in people. She endorsed a candidate whom no one seemed to have much of a problem with before, and suddenly it’s terrible because they’re both women? Bizarre.

Karen has her own merits independent of Palin’s (or the lack thereof, in many opinions). Try to remember who’s running.

• Ludwig Von Beachbum says:

Did you just ride into town on a pink pony? Are you blond? Do you think the Persian Gulf is the cat at the corner gas station? 🙂

You really think no one here had a problem with Handel before ?

• Animator Girl says:

No to all.

My turn: Are you a douchebag?

*refers to comments above* Yes, obviously.

My point is that the vehemence toward Handel didn’t reach such a pitch until now. Valid complaints against her, yes. Venom, not so much. My haunts on PP have previously shown a more reasonable group of commentators, the occasional troll notwithstanding.

• Ludwig Von Beachbum says:

QUOTE ” Yes, he has sided with the Democrats on some big issues to the disadvantage of Republicans, ”

Nice sugar coat!

You discredited yourself. You shouldn’t of even posted.

Leave the Internet.

17. Tireless says:

Good grief. I see Palin has joined the “good old girls network”. She’s endorsing a semi pro-abortion, “I don’t own a gun”, resume fabricating, anti-family values candidate for governor just because she is a woman……way to go Sarahcuda, you endorsed a panda bear, not a grizzly bear.

18. Red Phillips says:

Palin’s endorsements have been all over the map. TEA Partier Haley in SC. Middle-of- the-roader Perry in TX. (vs. Hutchinson to his left and Medina to his right). Now designated moderate Handel in GA. Who is advising her? What is she basing her endorsements on?

• Holly says:

Sarah Palin always been pragmatic above all else. She’s thinking about who would be most helpful in 2012.

• inlimine says:

She’s just picking the candidate with a bra on, that’s what she’s doing. Really. Former Alaskan Governor (quit) and former VP candidate (whipped) endorses former county commission chairwoman and former secretary of state (quit)….nothing to see here. Oxes, Bulls, Pigs. Welcome back, Roy.

• ACCmoderate says:

I think the interviews with Tom Brokaw and Katie Couric proved that Palin didn’t do much listening to her “advisers.”

She’s not the sharpest tool in the shed.

• Ludwig Von Beachbum says:

Are you actually making the charge (you woman hating pig) that Sarah and the Arizona Gov are bringing to politics the same mantra that women would rather use a female gynecologist not because their a good gynecologist, but that their female ? Yes..yes you are.

Good. 🙂

Them doing that makes them look as ridiculous as when they said blacks voted for Obama because he was Black. Which they did. Nothing wrong with saying that about Obama because it was true. But the same is true now about these Handel endorsements. Hypocritical ? I think so.

• analogkid says:

“Handel’s campaign blamed accounting errors.”

Too bad her campaign doesn’t have anyone on staff who used to work for a large accounting firm. Oh wait…

• ACCmoderate says:

She was just the PR person. The only position at an accounting firm that doesn’t require the ability to do math.

• analogkid says:

If it wasn’t clear, I was making a joke.

Btw, her shiny magazine-flyer-thing states, “After graduating high school, Handel attended college at night pursuing a degree in accounting,” which makes this even funnier.

19. Lollipop says:

Maybe the most recent contributions to Sarah’s PAC should be reviewed to determine which one of Handel’s supporters contributed to the PAC….follow the money..

• inlimine says:

I’m just glad a half-term Governor from Alaska has endorsed a half-term Secretary of State for Governor of Georgia. The world can rest easier now, or at least half of it can.