1. Glen Ross says:

I’m going to venture a guess here that if Jesus Christ cut a video or ad, produced by Scorsese, directed by Spielberg, with Morgan Freeman’s voiceovers and it got posted on Peach Pundit, everyone here would hate it.

Not saying this a video is great, but damn everyone is critical around here.

2. I actually think both of Ox’s ads were pretty good. Pretend you didn’t know him and were hearing from him for the first time. He’s talking about the things a whole lot of GOP Primary voters are concerned about.

Johnson’s ad is pretty good as well.

• AlanR says:

He has a big advantage in money, and he’s using it. I agree with you, its not a bad ad, and it is not intended to reach the hard core political people who know what a thug he is. To the average republican voter this looks pretty good.

I would also point out that there has not been a political ad in Georgia this year with the wit and insight displayed by Loyalty above. Fran Drescher . . .

• Mama Bear says:

Are y’all serious? Really? Ack. Not that I think my ads would look any better, but ugh! Ox is just gross!

3. Technocrat says:

Speaking of Eric Johnson [10+ years older than the Ox] he looks like he has a big chew in his lower cheek and will spit just after the commercial is over, but that will play ok in South Georgia, away from cities, maybe?

• I Am Jacks Post says:

And Ox’s voice will play well on the Cartoon Network, but probably not in real life.

4. redrock says:

He is incredibly awkward in both of the TV spots.

They’re good “talking points” though. Unfortunately – I bet both ads are working great.

5. Game Fan says:

I would imagine the reaction for many when hearing his voice would be similar to the shock and disbelief people experienced when they first heard Mike Tyson speak. It’s the whole big guy/squeaky voice scenario.

6. one n done says:

His nipples look exceptionally hard in both ads too…perhaps a looser dress shirt?

I am also not a fan of politicians trying too hard to “roll up there sleeves and act like average men”…we can tell its calculated and entirely overused. Your gonna be on TV, if you are wearing a tie, just wear a jacket…your not blue collar n0 matter how much you want us to believe you are

• Game Fan says:

His nipples look exceptionally hard in both ads too…

-Maybe he had to keep them on ice to keep from sweating. In Hollywood they probably have a special person for that. Not sure about GA.

• Lady Thinker says:

I don’t believe him when he says that he “doesn’t care who gets the credit.” With his ego, I just can’t believe he means that statement.

7. Charlie LaFountaine says:

People are telling me that they get a creepy feeling when they meet Ox. Also, is it just me or is the Ox’s voice deeper in this ad?

8. ACCmoderate says:

I think Ox is wearing those tight shirts in an effort to pander to Log Cabin Republicans. Lord knows he already has the voice.

9. Tireless says:

Given that custom made, overly tight shirt, I’m guessing the OX wears a thong……which may explain his high voice.

10. ACCmoderate says:

I’m totally in favor of Ox’s plan to scrap the state income tax and replace it with a sales tax.

I’ll be going to South Carolina to buy everything I need.

• Tireless says:

The dipship says he wants to help small businesses while supporting a massive increase in sales taxes. Every business close to our borders, every internet based distribution company that ships out of state, every small business that competes with out of state internet distributors will be crushed by this stupid idea. OX is an econtard.

• trainsplz says:

…it’s not like he could ever get the FairTax implemented, anyway. So any realistic projections of the actual economic impact are moot. Same with his Ox-tarded suburbs-airport chunnel through East Atlanta. It’s just bull.

Though I’ll admit, I like it when Barnes talks all pie in the sky about running commuter rail down the downtown connector, so I’m guessing that this’ll resonate. Dude isn’t particularly easy to listen to, though.

11. Jimbo says:

“I won’t care who gets the credit.”

I HATE it when politicians say that. I roll my eyes every single time that I hear a candidate say that. It is so overused and such a blatant, obvious lie that there really is no point in saying it anymore. OF COURSE they want to get credit for the good things that they do, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Just as long as they accept responsibility for the bad things they do, too.

12. kolt473 says:

I trust OX-BOW, as far as I trust KING ROY’S putting Georgians to work BOARD SPAM=B.S. for short. the buildings his promised to retrofit for energy efficiency hooey. WHY DIDN’T HE RETRO FIT DECADES AGO? Allegedly lying to the unions, HEY ROY NON UNION=SCABS NEED WORK AS WELL. I hope you don’t get a second chance, you lied last time and will do again. As for the ox-bow incident, he’s a ”flip-flopper.” Best GA VOTERS can do, give both idiots, the no vote.

13. polisavvy says:

Perhaps Oxendine’s third ad should be trying to explain away his actions while he was practicing law in Houston County. This occurred a few years before he became Insurance Commissioner. After seeing the news (WSB), it appears as though he was involved in unethical practices when he withheld discovery. He was reprimanded by the judge. Eventually the case settled. A settlement agreement was drawn up and signed by both parties. Seems pretty benign up to this point, huh? But, as you would only imagine, there was a clause/provision in the settlement agreement that no ethics charges would be brought against Mr. Oxendine.

In all my years of legal work, having drafted hundreds of settlement agreements, the agreements were relative to the actual case and were agreed upon by both parties. Never, and I mean never, did I draft a settlement agreement where there was a clause or provision that gave an attorney a pass on any ethics charges being brought against him/her. Apparently I am not alone in knowing that this is not usual practice. A professor of law at Georgia State and a practicing attorney in Atlanta feel the same. There is something very strange about this. It does not appear that he was a very ethically practicing attorney. His camp has responded that the events involving this settlement agreement do not in any way reflect at to the type of governor he would be. I disagree.

• Doug Grammer says:

Was there a complaint to the bar? It sounds strange that nothing was filed with the court other than a reprimand. Do you have a link to the reprimand for us to see?

• polisavvy says:

That just it, Doug. There was no complaint filed with the Bar. It was stipulated in the settlement agreement that no charges could be brought against him. As for a link, I can only advise you to go to WSB’s website and see the story that says: Judge To Oxendine In ’91 Case: You’re An Abomination. It will provide any details I left out. They showed the actual court transcript wherein the Judge admonished him. As for strange, yes, you are correct. The whole thing is strange.

• Doug Grammer says:

That is just strange. I don’t understand why the judge didn’t report him to the bar. Anyone have a reason?

• polisavvy says:

No theory but maybe a reason — Oxendine’s daddy is a judge. That’s all I can figure out as to why the judge himself did not file the charges (maybe he knew Judge Oxendine). The whole thing is odd. It shows a pattern of Oxendine feeling as though he is above reproach and that rules and regulations don’t apply to him. Of course, these are just my opinions.

• polisavvy says:

Okay. You are right, Romegaguy. I forgot he was a democrat. That excuses everything. LOL!!