Atlanta Press Club Debates: GOP and Dems for Secretary of State

These two debates aired last night on GPB. The first is the GOP debate.

Here are the Democrats.

I’ll have the School Superintendent debates from both parties up within the next day.

1. Georgia Judge says:

No contest here Kemp clearly is the better candidate,and will win this race.I think DM’s founding of the insurance firm is another hypothetical illustration excercise.

• BuckheadConservative says:

Does no one on Kemp’s team understand business? Good grief that’s the dumbest attack of the politcal season. Just because Kemp doesn’t have a business track record to stand on, doesn’t mean he needs to attack Doug’s.

• HowardRoark says:

Brian Kemp’s business expertise helped him built crappy houses when the market was hot. He can’t be bothered with the particulars of finance. As far as he knows, an MBO is another premium cable channel.

• Word says:

I could be wrong but I don’t believe they attacked what Doug has done in business, I believe they stated that he has lied/misled people about his record. It seems the Mac campaign has done this on several issues. My guess is that it’s not Doug’s ideas that are coming out of his campaign but he is certainly letting it happen. Doug should have done a little more research before he hired some of his campaign team. That doesn’t show leadership in my opinion.

• Glen Ross says:

His PFD show’s he has a sizeable equity stake in the company, so it’s definitely his. Looks like an mgmt buyout. He and the other guy wrote the plan, got private equity, and started from scratch. Pretty impressive stuff. The Kemp camp has gotten awful negative lately.

MacGinnitie comes across as exceedingly genuine. As did Kemp until this race, IMO

• Word says:

Glen – I don’t disagree with you. I don’t have a dog in this fight but I do think Doug’s campaign has made some mistakes lately and some of them were a little shady. I think Doug is a sharp guy and will probably be elected to a congressional or statewide office some day but I think he loses come July 20th.

2. Georgia Judge says:

Buckhead,
    Why dont you explain the founding of the company for us,because their website has it all wrong…..what lightweights.

• BuckheadConservative says:

Crissakes this is asinine. This happens all the time. Nike, McDonalds, Texas Instruments, Enron, Wells Fargo, BP. All companies who were founded on a certain date but trace their roots back to an earlier entity.

This attack is stupid, cheap, and false. It either represents either a terrible understanding of corporate structure or willful lie. Brian Kemp is foaming at the mouth desperate.

3. Georgia Judge says:

Glen,

To my knowledge no one has commented on his stake in the company but rather the claim of him “founding” the company or not,which he obviously did not. There is a large difference as Im sure you know.It seems he or his staff straddle the truth fence a little too much,after several times of these incorrect descriptions it becomes a pattern of lies.

• Glen Ross says:

GJ, he and the Golub fellow started the company. When you take something from 2 people, to national…those 2 people….are the founders. You just hate the guy b/c he’s running against Kemp and and don’t want to even give him credit for his own company. I agree with BC and Howard above. Kemp’s feeling insecure over his business record so he’s attacking MacGinnitie.

I’ve noticed you never promote your candidates here, just tear down others (mainly MacGinnitie). You are like a dirty gym sock puppet

4. EllisArnall says:

DM seemed to dodge a few questions there. Kemp did an outstanding job as he held himself together very well. The fact that Kemp has cut the office by millions will resonate with voters. I am with “Word” – Kemp wins.

5. Georgia Judge says:

Glen,
    Yiou are kidding right??????

No I support candidates just not yours,and while I think Doug way overreached here, I don’t hate him.

Kemp wins end of story…..