Saturday Night Straw Polls

We’ve be emailed two different straw polls tonight. For your viewing pleasure, they are below the fold.

Camden County Straw Poll

· Undecided – 23%

Attorney General

· Sam Olens – 40%
· Preston Smith – 10%
· Max Wood – 10%
· Undecided – 40%

Pickens County GOP Straw Poll (# of votes)

Eric Johnson 40

Ralph T. Hudgens 4
Tom Knox 4
Stephen Northington 9
Gerry Purcell 55
Maria Sheffield 16

• MariettaLegal says:

GG, I know you had hoped your two candidates would be doing better, especially since they are working closely together, but no need to get nasty. Let’s keep it civil.

• In The Arena says:

I can see it right now. Eric Johnson and team sitting in their comped luxury suites at Reynolds Plantation last night, sipping champagne, celebrating their straw poll victory in Pickens.

• ready2rumble says:

The Johnson camp brought 30 people up to Pickens. When your stuck at 5% in the real polls, you get desperate, and try to win straw polls.

• AnyoneElse2010 says:

As a disclaimer I should let you know that I am still undecided. I am not a sock puppet for anyone by no means, but I do believe to get 30 people up to Pickens County on a hot June day shows a strong grassroots effort. Who cares if he brought 30 people? All the candidates try to get as many people as they can out to these events. Looks to me like Johnson has a good grassroots team in place.

• Lady Thinker says:

Yes she wrote a check but it does not say “membership” on the “For” line. Her camp says it was for a dinner so I am giving her the benefit of the doubt and I suggest you do the same.

• Go Dawgs! says:

Oh, so the gays are lying, but Karen is not? I’m not giving her any “benefit” at all. There is no doubt. Her “camp” is a bunch of liars.

Pity she didn’t come out long before this and say “I didn’t join them, but I paid them $75.00 for dinner.” That would allow me to give her benifit of doubt.

How much were the 2002 membership dues to join the Log Cabin Republicans? My guess is $75.00. What’s yours?

• Go Dawgs! says:

And, from my sources, they have approximately one member now …the same guy who declares “Oh, no, she wasn’t a member back then” but who then admits he wasn’t on the board back then and wasn’t privvy to the membership rolls.

Go run back to your sock-puppet controller about this for further instructions on how to promote more propaganda.

• TPNoGa says:

Why is it a scandal that Karen gave money to a REPUBLICAN Group. So what if I don’t agree with a lot of their stances, they are still REPUBLICANS and should be treated as such. I don’t agree with pro-choice Republicans either, but I sure as heck am not going to kick them out of my party. As for their lifestyle, that is between God and them, not the government or political party.

I just don’t get it. We should be a big tent. We can’t afford to alienate fellow REPUBLICANS.

• Mayonnaise says:

#1 – It’s a scandal because she keeps lying about it.

#2 – It’s a vote killer because the majority of conservative voters in this state believe homosexuality is a sin and that a real conservative would not be sucking up to a group that believes otherwise. Thus the reason she lied about it.

• Lady Thinker says:

The gay agenda you are trying to promote is a non-issue because jobs, the economy, layoffs, immigration, health care, water rights, education, you know the critical things, are what the voters are paying attention to because one or more of these things affect all of us in one way or another.

First, you blasted her for not having college but Jeff Chapman does not have college either. At least Karen has some classes and posters have been very quiet about Jeff’s non college status.

Second, you blasted Karen because you allege she “cusses like a sailor.” You have no proof of that other than someone told somebody else, who told a third, then a fourth. But so what? Men cuss too and they are running for office.

Third, you blasted Karen because you alleged that she own/worked in a liquor store in Maryland. IF SO, that was at least eighteen to twenty years ago because she has lived in Georgia for those number of years. You couldn’t even support that allegation with a link, you said, “It’s true because you said so.” It’s a rumor that doesn’t fly.

Fourth, now you spin about how Karen loves gays and abortion. Serious candidates, like Karen, have to listen to EVERYONE because EVERYONE pays taxes and are entitled to representation. Serious candidates would be shooting themselves in the foot to say that gays are irrevelant because their lifestyles are against religious teachings.

Fifth, you are making an issue about a check Karen wrote to a gay organization for a dinner she and probably her husband and others had at one of the meetings. The fact she paid for dinner shows she didn’t accept any favors from the organization, which is a good thing.

Six, Karen said no teacher or police layoffs which ensure that our teachers can work to raise the educational level of our children, and protect society against the criminal element.

Seven, the more you spin your wheels on these non-issues, the more votes you garner for Karen, who has a serious plan for the problems affecting Georgia.

1. Lawton Sack says:

One month to go until the Primary. We have seen a few punches taken so far, but I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of knockout punches thrown in these last 30 days.

The most amazing part of this Primary season is that most of the people I talk to are still undecided. I am also getting a higher number than normal number of friends, family members, co-workers, etc. asking me who they should vote for. People are overwhelmed with the number of candidates that are out there.

I wonder if it is time to stagger these statewide elections, where we are voting on half of these races every two years, instead of all of them every four years.

• I’m seeing the same thing, Lawton. I don’t remember the last time I had this many friends ask me who I thought they should vote for. This is one of the biggest loser lineups I’ve ever seen. I guess that’s what happens when the “leaders” of a Party do everything in their power to keep strong grassroots conservatives out of “their” GOP.