1. Jason Heyward for President says:

I get the Father’s Day theme, but the ad seems pretty bland. Is this only going to run on Father’s Day weekend? If so, most people won’t see it enough to know who she is talking about. Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t think this is very smart.

• polisavvy says:

It was a refreshing ad. I wish the other candidates would follow suit. I can only imagine how nasty some of the ads will be between now and November.

2. AntebellumAyn says:

Classy. Timely. I like it if it’s enough to help him move above the also-rans like Porter and Poythress. I’m on the OTHER side but I see many likable qualities in Baker and they show in this advert.

• Henry Waxman says:

Speaking of man dates, I wonder how Team Handel is taking the news that the check for her membership dues to the Log Cabin Republicans has finally surfaced.

• Lady Thinker says:

It wasn’t a check for membership but a check for a dinner. But facts don’t mean anything to you do they?

• ReaganRepublican says:

Good Lord everyone knowsyou are lying, quit already.

From yesterdays Macon telegraph:
            “Handel’s explanation for her apparent flip-flop on the gay rights issue is laughable: She says she never wrote the e-mails that were signed with her name, and they don’t really represent her views on gay rights. I hate to tell you this, Karen, but saying that you don’t even have control of what your own staff is doing in your name is really not a big improvement over changing your position on an issue because of political expediency.

But hey, the Macon police and Karen Handel are just carrying on a time-honored tradition of people in power who think we will swallow any cockamamie explanation for their foolish behavior because we usually let them get away with it. As long as we put up with their nonsense we can just expect more of the same.”

No, she fooled us once, never again.