David Poythress finally grows a pair; launches new website attacking Barnes

No doubt based on the outstanding comments from Ronald Daniels in recent days, David Poythress (website | Facebook | Twitter) has finally launched an attack on Roy Barnes (website) via Poythress’ new website, BagBarnes.com. The main video from there is below for your viewing pleasure:

• kim000 says:

VERY POOR ad. The message gets lost in the over-acting of it. It’s too cartoon-ish and its messaging is too complex to get more than a passing mention in free media (if that) other than on news-junkie sites like this one (and none of us are truly voters who are up-for-grabs). The bottom line is that Roy is up with at least 2 ads an hour on major Atlanta television and Poythress is up with this web video.

And on that point…has anyone seen any new general election polling on the governor’s race? I’d love to see if Roy has opened up a 4 or 5 point lead on GOP candidates by virtue of the fact that he’s the only candidate up on the air right now (at least the only candidate that I’ve seen).

1. one n done says:

I think if he had had shot the TV from the stand I would vote for whoever he told me to

2. ZazaPachulia says:

Wow… I’m almost speechless.

This one comes in right below the infamous ‘King Roy v. The Ox’ cartoon on the list of the most ridiculous campaign videos of the 2010 governor’s race.

Why don’t more candidates pick up the phone and call Jeff Chapman’s web director / videographer before crapping out stuff like this. Say what you will about Chapman’s poll numbers and his name recognition, but he’s got the best website and videos in this campaign.

• Creative_Lab says:

Thanks, Zaza! My company, Creative Lab was the producer for both the website and campaign videos for Jeff Chapman. You can watch our demo reel here: http://www.thecreativelaboratory.com/demo There aren’t too many candidates like Jeff Chapman. I can honestly say, after working with many politicians, that Jeff is as good as it’s going to get. I hope Georgia doesn’t miss this opportunity.

• Spacey G says:

I always thought the help wasn’t supposed to editorialize on the candidates who pay them to serve their videotaping needs. Not very professional if you ask me, which of course no one did.

• ZazaPachulia says:

No prob, Creative_Lab. You do good work.

And Spacey G — there is absolutely nothing professional about Peach Pundit. It’s a blog. Your ‘not very professional’ comment can pretty much apply to this entire tangled web we call the internets.

3. fishtail says:

let’s see…David Poythress started a bank that failed and all the investors got screwed out of their money…he draws 2 pensions from the appointment Roy Barnes gave him as Adjutant General…so to me he’s a small-time Bernie Madoff ingrate. After July 20 he can go back to sitting on his front porch and waving at cars that go by.

• Mayonnaise says:

“After July 20 he can go back to sitting on his front porch and waving at cars that go by.” …. lol …. oh my … i’m crying here

4. James Fannin says:

So bad it’s good. Sorry they were too cheap to shoot the TV, that would been up to Alabama standards for redneck funny.

5. fishtail says:

What is odd here is that Roy Barnes brought this on himself by releasing 25 years of his tax returns. The tax returns offer full disclosure of Barnes’ assets, including his penchant for investing in bank stocks. So for doing something none of the other candidates have the guts to do, Barnes gets pilloried by the likes of David Poythress. Poythress refuses to release his tax returns and many believe it’s because it will show he is receiving a Federal and a State pension of over $100K per annum. Add to this the fact that Poythress started a bank in Gwinett County and serves as its Chairman. The bank failed and the investors lost all their money. And yet Poythress has the audacity to put out a cheap shot video that few will view. So it goes, and Poythress’ campaign will be DOA on July 20.

6. Doug Grammer says:

Instead of shooting the TV, what if he ran over it with a monster truck? Maybe he could take the bugs bunny route and drop a safe on it? He was talking about banks….

Can we get a poll on the different ways to to destroy the TV with our former Gov. on it?

7. kolt473 says:

kolt473 is back online, turn my comments into rap if you please. Like Roy’s ads promising to put Georgians to work [email protected] Jobs are needed now, not 24 months out in the new gov’s first term. Barnes will take care supporters first, friends of Roys second, John Q. public last and always screwed. I don’t trust Barnes, like all politico’s they have baggage voters do the state a favor, Roy Barnes we can keep him out of the Governors mansion,his rosy ads allege promises made, will not be kept, anyone else but ROY BARNES.

8. Spacey G says:

Last time I checked, no crackers need apply ’round the Poythress Plantation. In fact, Ms. P. could write the instruction manual on how the perfect gubernatorial candidate’s wife should deport and dress on the campaign trail. Hint: not shabbily!

A snap from Qualifying Day at the Capitol:

I suspect gross pandering. Mon Dior.

9. BuckheadConservative says:

This is almost as effective publicity stunt as having your wife run for Lt Governor while you’re running for Governor. Almost.

10. MSBassSinger says:

While I am a born and raised rural south Georgian (and prou dof it), and I enjoy redneck humor as much as anyone, this “Larry the Cable Guy” knockoff is just stupid.

The point raised is valid, just make it succinctly and humorously.