Echols, May, Lead PSC Poll.

Visit www.politicalecalling.com for more details.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

A new InsiderAdvantage/RosettaStone poll conducted on 5/18/2010 of 512 likely Republican Primary voters reveals that the current Republican candidates for Public Service Commission have very little name identification.

State Senator John Douglas fared the worst, garnering only 1.8% of the vote in this survey. State Representative Jeff May and candidate Tim Echols are statistically tied at 9% each.

Georgia Republican Primary For PSC

Tim Echols –9%
Jeff May – 9%
B. Joseph “Joey” Brush – 5%
John Douglas – 2%
Undecided – 75%

1. ZazaPachulia says:

Looks to me like ‘Undecided’ is the leader in this sweepstakes to land a comfy six-figure job that comes with a car…

I don’t know the others, but Echols was the guy running John Oxendine’s campaign until he jumped into this race. That’s all I need to know to vote against Tim.

• gawatchdog404 says:

I
        I agree Tim Echols is a shady character that ran Oxendine’s campaign and has ethical baggage connected with teen pact. He’ll fold up if that stuff comes out and I’m with you in not voting for him with those types of ties. Jeff May is a Glenn Richardson type of guy, in fact he seemed to be attached at the hip to him when Glenn was at the capitol. Jeff seems to be pretty friendly with the female lobbyist and on the SOS ethics page he hasn’t even finished his personal financial disclosure report. I guess he’s not willing to share how he can’t manage his own personal finances. Joey Brush seems like an alright guy other than being lazy and losing his state senate seat. John Douglas looks like the only serious contender being endorsed by practically the entire republican senate and other key people but this seems to be obscured by a few irrelevant straw polls. John Douglas I hear is the most conservative member of the senate and I believe that’s what’s best for the state of Georgia in regulating these monopoly companies and protecting consumers. Keith Moffett a democrat in Macon…No chance.

• Is he/she/it sure they want to be a she? I mean, undecided an all. That seems like a someone decided something.

This poll tells us two thing. We have a down ballot race, and all the candidates have low name recognition. Call me not surprised.

• ByteMe says:

Pretty much all the polls have been telling us that about all the races. It’s the sock puppets who have been assigning unearned relevance to these polls.

• That’s how it always goes.

And they also tell me what I meant to say, so I believe them. They must have unexplained, untested, unmitigated ESP ability. =D

2. AnyoneElse2010 says:

While 75% is a large number for undecided it is nice to know that Jeff May is at the start of the pack. He truly will be a great Public Service Commissioner. For any of you who have had the opportunity to be down at the Capitol and meet Rep. May you know that he is one of the best guys in the General Assembly. He is also the ONLY candidate with any experience on the issues.

Tim Echols is a dunce who has no reason and no background to be in this race. He helped lead John Oxendine’s campaign into the ground. Maybe now he can do the same for his own.

• Jason Heyward for President says:

Seeing as how both Jeff May and John Douglas voted for SB 31, the Georgia Power welfare bill, they have demonstrated they prefer GA Power over Georgia residents.

While I don’t support Tim Echols crusade against Sunday alcohol sales, at least I don’t think he can be wined and dined by the utilities he supposed to regulate.

• ZazaPachulia says:

I like the handle… it’s good that more of us Atlanta sports figures are taking interest.

However, what makes you think Echols won’t be out for self interest? He’s as slimy as they come.

• Jason Heyward for President says:

Thanks, now if we can only find a Thrashers fan. Probably not.

Anyway, I have only met Tim once. I can’t say for sure if he is honest or not. But considering his background; campaign for teen abstinence, anti-sunday sales, 8 kids, plus I think he is a minister, it would seem he would be less likely to go to the PSC and have expensive meals and bottles of wine on GA Power’s dime.

Again, I don’t know this for sure. Maybe I’m naive. But I am pretty sure that the other candidates would be bought off and have been before. The worst that could happen is that Tim Echols becomes just like the rest of the PSC.

• Icarus says:

Tim Echols sold his ethics to work for John Oxendine, and you don’t think he’ll be bought off?

I’d trust Joey (Just because she’s in jail doesn’t mean Linda Shrinko didn’t do a few good things for me and education) Brush before I’d trust Echols.

• bowersville says:

If I recall correctly, Tim Echols announced he would not seek the State Senate seat vacated by Hudgins due to family obligations.

What’s different about a PSC seat? Does it not require as much time or does it pay more?

• gawatchdog404 says:

8 kids and abstinence ha… that’s like saying the Ox is ethical. I do believe your naive! Tim is a joke.

• gawatchdog404 says:

You can slide right off him but hopefully you don’t make it that far down the ballot.

3. eugene pitts says:

Personally speaking, I know of actual real live reasons why the integrity of John Douglas should be called into question. He loves to wave the flag, but check with some members of the families of the fallen and see what his real record is when the rubber hits the road, literally speaking… I know of one instance where he knowingly went along with a scheme that he knew would insult the young wife of a fallen soldier and cause her humiliation in her community

• gawatchdog404 says:

I would have to respectfully disagree with your comment. No one schemes on fallen soldiers, for that is a period of mourning.