Liz Carter responds to Newsmakers Journal and their overt bigotry

From Carter’s Facebook account minutes ago, in response to the Newsmakers Journal press release Jason posted earlier this afternoon after my original post on this topic:

“This response is sad and twisted. Never have I been combative or mad, I was told I could participate and then told I could not. This could have easily been fixed and has been poorly handled. I’m not interested in cheap publicity, I am interested in making our district a shining jewel again.”

Emphasis mine. Liz Carter is being excluded from this debate, which includes black Democrats and black Republicans, only because she is white. That is what this matter is all about. Not being mad, not being angry. That truth seems to be missed by some. All that is needed is fairness and equality. But, yet again, those who profess a color-blind society as their goal seem to not be able to follow through on their own rhetoric.

I want a society where people are judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin. Why don’t they?

1. ByteMe says:

You first.

Seems you and Liz are the ones claiming this is about skin color.

• ByteMe says:

Pickin’ on Pete because he doesn’t realize that he’s not color blind? It’s as good as any hill around here on “Liz Carter Luvfest Day” at Peach Pundit.

• Tyler says:

Byte,

I don’t have a horse in this race. Both Liz and Cory are great people. Call it “Luvfest” if you wish, but I’m not part of it.

• ByteMe says:

Understood. It seems to be a Pete/Jason thing at this point, but who knows who else will post about how Liz is just like Wonder Bread and that’s why she’s not invited to some private forum.

• Hey, we posted stuff not about Liz Carter today. And people ignored it comparatively. Haven’t you heard of playing to an audience?

(For the record, like Tyler I have no dog in this race, no horse in this fight, etc.)

• kyleinatl says:

No kidding, I’m waiting for her to show up on Megyn Kelly’s joke of a news program…seems like the kind of non-story they pick up.

2. Pete –

I spoke to Liz Carter.

She says the invite came from the office administrator and that it was over the telephone. Newsmakers Journal publisher denies she was ever invited.

Carter also claimed she had a tape recording of Maynard Eaton telling her the debate was blacks-only. When she played the recording, however, no such statement was audible. Carter claims Eaton said it was blacks-only, but that some kind of electronic interference/bad reception screwed-up that portion of the tape.

In other words, Pete, your conclusion is based solely on Carter’s accusation – not any actual verifiable evidence.

Did you contact Newsmakers? Do you want their number?

Andy

3. rugby says:

“I want a society where people are judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin. ”

You don’t show it.

4. hannah says:

Clearly, there’s more evidence here that there’s no correlation between skin color and inclusive social behavior. All people are equally capable of being nice or being nasty.

It is a mistake to think that people who have been abused will not be abusive in turn. Domestic abuse teaches us that people do to others what was done to them. That’s why we can expect the Sesame generation to be more generously inclined.

• Lady Thinker says:

Not necessarily, it’s called theraphy if one wants to break the abuse cycle, as many have done successfully.

5. ACConservative says:

There are two sides to this story Pete… how come you’re only listening to the side of the white woman?

Atticus Finch would be ashamed Pete.

• ZazaPachulia says:

Exactly, AC… Great comment.

The Pete mindset (white outrage / false populism) is the reason many of us are Republicans. It’s a key pillar in the great southern strategy, started by Wallace, perfected by southern Republicans.

Pete, you’re an embarrassment to those of us who have a rudimentary grasp of history. Do yourself a favor and shut up.