Yeah, yeah, Galloway nailed me

Except for a few minor details:

1. I didn’t string the story out to drive traffic to Peach Pundit.

2. I didn’t use it to sabotage a campaign two weeks before the election.

3. I’m not the one claiming I had sex with a legislator and then refusing to talk about it while talking about it.

It’s one thing to want your party to take steps to clean itself up. It’s an entirely different thing to want to make yourself the star of the show by bragging you banged a hot chick running for Governor right before the election.

Oh, and nobody paid me.

I guess Jim doesn’t get shades of gray. Must be a Republican.

1. Mozart says:

This SC issue proves you to be a hypocrite, Erick. But, you knew that. Now more people know it.

2. hannah says:

Men used to accuse women of being gossips. It now seems they were either projecting or speaking out of envy.
    Of course, when running for public office is considered akin to a popularity contest, it makes sense to give the fans something inconsequential to chatter about. Not to mention that personal foibles serve as a cover for more relevant deficits (poor management skills, faulty memory, laziness, impracticality, lack of self-direction). People lacking in self-direction actually make good candidates in the age of “handlers,” “consultants” and “media strategists.”
    If part of the electorate is depressed by evidence of scandal and incompetence, so much the better. If the universal franchise can’t be reversed, reducing voter participation by other means is important. A field of mediocrities is not a happenstance.

3. John Konop says:

It does not look good for Haley.

FYI

Blogger Claims To Have Photo Of S.C. Candidate In ‘Compromising Position’

…..Meanwhile Folks isn’t backing down on his charge that he and Haley had an affair. On Thursday, the conservative blogger alleged that a photo had surfaced of himself and Haley embracing one another in what he described as a “compromising position.”

In early 2009 Folks now acknowledges being confronted with a photograph of himself and Haley in what he calls a “compromising position.” The photograph was allegedly taken by a private investigator hired to uncover dirt on him, not Haley.

On Wednesday, Folks posted a sampling of texts on his website in yet another attempt to put forth evidence to support his claim amid continued push back form Haley’s camp each step of the way……

• hannah says:

Story’s getting a lot more play than it deserves. Long time political operatives, like Roger Stone, are good at generating publicity for candidates with the equivalent of “false flag” operations.
      Conservatives have a slightly different definition of “affirmative action.” In their usage it doesn’t mean “choose from a diverse pool on the basis of practical skill and aptitude;” it means “choose a compliant candidate whose background and experience add a bit of spice.” Compliance is the indispensable virtue in a leadership cult.

If we must have leaders, it’s best they be dull. It’s the smart ones that get us into real trouble.

4. John Konop says:

We do have to give Erick credit for posting this issue himself. I do think it is important to point out Richardson was sleeping with a lobbyist he was pushing a bill for. Which I think is a bigger issue because of the impact on tax payers money and fair representation of ideas on legislation.

I think Erick gets caught up in emotion of the moment at times, without thinking about all the issues. And I do think the blogs/news…. are driven by sensationalism over core issues. And you cannot argue Erick is making a living off being a media character like Rush, Beck, Sharpton……..

I think too many on both sides do not realize the media personality job is self promotion over hard news. And when Erick or any other media person becomes the news they win.

5. NorthGAGOP says:

While I don’t always agree with Erick or his methods, he has the guts to use his own name, and stand up for what he thinks is right.

6. Wiley says:

Except for a few minor details? Then why mention them. Take your lump like a man, Erick.

7. ZazaPachulia says:

‘Robespierre of Macon’

Genius. +10 for Galloway. I think we have a keeper. I shall never refer to the owner of this blog using any other moniker.

8. Quaker says:

I agree with Zaza: However you feel about the bottom line discussion, Jim gets the prize for coming up with “Robespierre of Macon.” Makes me happy that a few educated people still exist in this state. Now how long must I wait for a reference to 7 Eccles Street?

9. Progressive Dem says:

In addition to the differences that Erick cites, there is one other important difference between Erick’s charges and Folks’ charges: Folks could back them up.

10. griftdrift says:
  11. Georgia Judge says:

No surprise here,what a joke.Makes one remember the age old advice of “consider the source” before forming opinions of ones personal attacks towards another…… credibility left this place awhile ago.

12. Ludwig Von Beachbum says:

PPPiiiffff

Hanging out at those all you can eat buffet is gonna hurt you a lot worse than this, Eric. Now you have as many Chin’s as the Chinese in the Waycross Ga phone book.

13. Game Fan says:

That’s a hill that I’d die on. (Nikki Haley) But as I understand it, the lobbyist babes are the creme de la creme. In fact, I’ve located a tribute video for the lobbyist babes and their relationships with the politicians. Of course there are “other” types of relationships which I choose not to address. I have my standards as a blogger. 🙂

14. Goldwater Conservative says:

Nikki Haley is not hot. She is do-able…but not hot.

She is maybe a 6.