Logsdon endorses Harp

Peachtree City Mayor Harold Logsdon, who pulled out of the race for Insurance Commissioner after being diagnosed with prostate cancer, has endorsed Seth Harp:

“After a lot of thought and consideration, I have decided to endorse Seth Harp in this race,” said Logsdon. “Seth is a man of character, a man of integrity, and I have a lot of respect for him. Seth is committed to serving the people of Georgia and his record shows that. One of the key issues in my campaign was being an advocate for the citizens of Georgia, and I believe Seth has that same commitment. He has proven his commitment to service from his time as a Captain and Vietnam Combat Veteran, to his time in the Senate.

1. B Balz says:

I heard Rep. Harp speak and his message resounded of competence. As a military man used o running large organizations efficiently. And he is not an insider.

2. Chris says:

Lets face it. Compared to the current occupant a 4 year old autistic could would look like an improvement. Probably crash fewer cars too.

3. ECSnob says:

He is not a plaintiff’s attorney, he is a family law attorney which is very different in my opinion.

4. MargaretMiller says:

How does being chair of the Education Committee and a divorce lawyer qualify Harp to be Insurance Commissioner?

A good man, yes, but there are other, more qualified candidates to choose from, some that actually have insurance backgrounds.

I’m still trying to figure out why all these guys in their late 60’s, who all seem to be quite well off, even want this job. They will be in their mid 70’s by the time their first term is over.

• hugoblacksupreme says:

He was well thought of by his peers while at the cap. He was chairman of the Judiciary committee when Preston Smith lost his mind. He sits on the insurance committee and has for some time.

Lastly, he is not a plaintiffs attorney. As a small town lawyer you take the work that walks in the door!

5. MargaretMiller says:

So does sitting on a committee qualify one for this position?

Does he have any experience at all actually working in the insurance industry?