Mitt Romney’s PAC Shells Out Some Dough.

I just received an email from Mitt Romney’s “Free & Strong America” PAC announcing a large number of endorsements.

The PAC is sending Senator Isakson a maximum $5,000 primary election contribution, and is sending Congressmen Gingrey, Kingston, Price, and Westmoreland each a $2,500 primary election contribution. In addition, it is contributing $1,000 to Lieutenant Governor Casey Cagle’s campaign, and $2,500 to Sam Olens’ campaign to become Georgia’s next Attorney General.

There are also a number of State House and Senate candidates who received donations. Click here to see the entire list.

• ReaganRepublican says:

So now the rest of the story….. Mitt and Tom Price are both from Michigan and pretty close friends. In 08 Price convinced his colleagues in the house to endorse Romney. All but Deal, who refused to endorse the pro-abortion, pro gay marriage, pro gun control, he bragged in a debate about being to the left of Ted Kennedy former Governor of Massachusetts. Character does matter; Deal took a stance and did the right thing. He sent a strong signal for his friend Mike Huckabee but stopped just short of endorsing him due to his weakness in immigration. After some soul searching John Linder could not face himself in the mirror any longer and changed his endorsement to Huckabee. Both Westmoreland and Gingrey, who I consider friends, have both apologized to me personally about endorsing Romney. Price in his smugness forgets he works for me and has always refused to talk to me about it. He is too good to even tell me why he disagrees with me.
      In the end Romney lost and Huckabee won Georgia with only 11k spent. The key grass roots, pray warrior, I know you do not need me God but I am going to work hard so please bless me buy using me army is working hard for Deal.
      Price’s defection was planned out a long time ago. He knows Deal will not endorse Romney in 12, but Karen will. Now Karen will lose and we will dump Price in the next two- four years. Christian and military veteran groups in Cobb and Cherokee already have a list of possible candidates to put up. Laugh if you want, but we will get the last laugh…

• Lady Thinker says:

Why does Price owe you an explanation as to what he does or doesn’t do? Why would Westmoreland and Gingrey seek you out to personally apologize for their decisions? Do you have an overly developed sense of self-importance as well as a psychic connection to the thinking of those you mentioned?

• Lady Thinker says:

I think you are right, a few drinks should work. One could develop an ulcer or worse if one doesn’t learn to relax.

• ReaganRepublican says:

Let’s see, as my congressman he works for my neighbors and me. He is supposed to serve the needs of his constituents, not the other way round. When a constituent has a question, he should answer it, whether he agrees with the constituent or not, that is why we elected him. He is a champion of making you feel like you are not important enough to talk to him.
              Now I have also dealt with Deal as my congressman, what a difference, we did not always agree but he always gave me an answer and made me feel like my concerns were important even though I was nobody. Westmoreland was my congressman for a while and he was a gentleman that knew how to serve his constituents. As for Phil, I was close to one of his aids that went on to be with the Lord. He is a genuine good guy.
              JK, you know I am a Baptist and do not drink.

• Lady Thinker says:

Jesus turned water into wine and I doubt he would have done so if he considered it a sin.

Have you studied the medical evidence that cardiologists use to prescribed drinking a glass of red wine to prevent heart disease damage?

While politicans are accountable to the people electing them, they would get precious little done if they had to converse one-on-one with every voter.

• ReaganRepublican says:

It is amazing how Deal and Westmoreland have time but Price only has time for the liberal wing of his party or liberal dems. I find it disturbing that Price’s supporters along with Karen’s are trying to get Mary Norwood elected as an independent to the Fulton County Chair. Outrageous, they have even arranged for her to speak at the last two Fulton GOP breakfasts. Gosh, Norwood, just a few months ago she was on TV telling us she voted for Obama and she hates the GOP. Wake up people, Price and Handel are a lot more than RINOS, they are as dangerous to the Georgia GOP as Obama is to America.

• ReaganRepublican says:

He is the worst kind of RINO. He is a closet liberal who pretends like he is a conservative. His wife runs the show, not him.
                      No real conservative would bully his friends into backing Mitt Romney who had is own version of obamacare. And when they have principle and they do not. He plans an evil scheme to try and make them look bad. Only now, the truth about Karen and him will get out. Maybe that is why he agrees with 80% of obamacare. And maybe this is why he favored Romney’s Pro gay, pro abortion, pro gun control, pro govt healthcare. Oh sorry, you right, he probably does not have an opinion. He does what ever his wife tells mim to do. He is not his own man.
                      Please, he agrees with 80% of obamacare.
                      Right now in North Georgia the feeling is , anyone but Handel…ABH

• NorthGAGOP says:

Handel supporting Norwood? Did I miss an endorsement? You may want to contact the Fulton County Republican party to see who invited Norwood to the events.

• ByteMe says:

Nah. It’s so much easier making up stuff about one of the leaders in the race instead of actually taking responsibility for your own guy’s lack of ethics.

• John Konop says:

RR,

You should look at being Catholic or Jewish, than you could have a drink. BTW I was banquet bartender years ago in Texas and we had the Baptist convention at the hotel every year back than. And the bars were also empty but I got real workout filling the room bar! 🙂

• ReaganRepublican says:

It’s ok to drink in your room. LOL, maybe you ought to consider another run at phony Price. At least we know where you stand…. And for the record, you were right about him not being a conservative. He is no better than Jim Marshal. Jim votes against his conscience to stay in office and so does Tom. The only difference is Price is working behind the scenes to try make the GOP look like the Democratic party. That is why he wants Romney, Handel, and Mary Norwood there to help him…

• John Konop says:

RR,

I do appreciate the sense of humor on your part. But seriously I do think Karen is very fiscally conservative and her no non-sense approach is what we need in tough times.

As I see it she is the best hope for the GOP. I do think Ox and Deal have scandal issues that will be tough to overcome. And the lack of strong statements against McBerry quickly will be a turn-off to woman and independents.

As far as Johnson agree or not with vouchers it will hang him in a general after the cut-backs in the schools. Over 90% of parents send kids to public schools and the PTSA and teachers have already made it clear they will rally against this issue.

I also think Karen is right about Education that we need to be more efficient with resources and break walls down between different departments. Also we need to promote vocational/technology education not force every kid in a one sixe fit all 4 year college curriculum or out system.

As far as Tom Price I do think has become more fiscally conservative in my opinion since I ran against him. Tom and I do not agree everything but overall he does represent overwhelmingly the sentiment of the 6th district. Also we have had friendly conversation about policy a few times after I ran against him. From a conversation I had with Tom, it seems he has a grasp of the issues surrounding No Child Left Behind.

• SFrazier says:

Kemp found $500,000.00 in waste in his first month in office. And you said Handel is a fiscal conservative. She has no training on how to save money. She has no education and she has never owned a business… And save me on the Fulton Chamber crap, that was during a boom, my dog could have turned it around. As businesses move in and open up during an expansion they join the chamber. She is clueless, and as a woman, I am ashamed of her “vote me in because I am an oppressed girl” strategy.

• Lady Thinker says:

Where is the link regarding Kemp and his alleged find of wasted money? There isn’t one, you made it up. You are so poisoned regarding Karen that you can’t see her accomplishments. She is not clueless and I dare you to show me anything she has written indicating she is asking for votes as an oppressed girl. You won’t because she isn’t coming from a weak position and that drives you crazy. Maybe you have the misguided belief that women shouldn’t be in a position of power.

Mitt Romney did not give Deal any money. Could it be that Deal’s ethical problems are such that he couldn’t be elected dog catcher so Romney decided to give the funds to more worthy candidates like Price and Westmoreland? Are Deal’s ethical problems the reason Price changed from supporting Deal to supporting Karen? Are you spewing venom toward Karen because of Price?

• SFrazier says:

Sorry, I underestimated. It was actually 2.9 million.

LT–Sorry, I underestimated. It was actually 2.9 million.

Secretary of State Kemp’s major initiatives include:

• Real spending cuts: Secretary Kemp has cut $2.9 million from the agency’s budget by streamlining operations in every agency Division, and has implemented plans to make further budget reductions in subsequent years.

Here is Kemps facebook with an explanation(read 3/4 down the page). This is after a few months, she has no business training.

• ByteMe says:

Talk about making lemonade with lemons. He had no choice but to make those cuts, since the legislature was cutting everyone’s budget. So he gets out in front of it and claims he streamlined things, where the reality is the money was gone, so people got fired, so he had to make it sound like he actually was proactive about it instead of just reacting to a tighter budget.

Sad that you think this is a way to take down Handel.

• Lady Thinker says:

Besides Frazier, if it was true, it would be a front page post here on Peach Pundit as well as on all the news channels and AJC.

• ReaganRepublican says:

Well lets see, if Kemp cuts over 2 million from the budget and still delivers what Handel delivered plus what does that mean?

The only correct answer is that Handel was running the office very inefficiently. Or in operational business efficiency language “fat”, no pun intended.
                      The only place she would learn that is by owning a successful small business, or going to college. If she can’t manage her life to at least attend community college, how can we expect her to manage a 16 billion dollar budget.What a disaster, absurd, ludicrous, insane?

• Lady Thinker says:

RR,

If what you are saying about Kemp is true, why haven’t legitimate news organizations picked it up and broadcasted it. Merely a smokescreen to tear down Karen while trying to build up Deal. Won’t work.

Romney didn’t believe in Deal enough to give him PAC funds and neither do I. Case closed, Deal toast.

• ReaganRepublican says:

RL
                      I have seen it. Call up the SOS, he will tell you all about it. Handel is unfit to run any organization, no leadership training. If you cannot manage your life to attend college, how can you manage a 16 billion dollar budget? The proof is everywhere; you can stick with your Maryland gal. Or back a real native Georgia conservative that can lead Georgia ahead of all the other states to economic recovery. Deal has forgotten more about how to solve our water issues than all the other candidates combined. He has a solid plan for transportation. He is a true Christian that does not have to talk about it, it is evident by his life and by the way he treats his wife of 43 years. He showed true character by telling Price in 08 that he could not endorse a pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage and pro gun control ex Governor Romney just because he was Prices old friend from Michigan. Price thinks he got Deal back, he does not know that all things work for good that follow the Lord. I am glad he is gone. Back the only candidate in this race that truly served this country, he proudly served in the United States army. Hooorah…..

• “Deal has forgotten more about how to solve our water issues than all the other candidates combined.”

Are you indicating that Deal has some sort of memory problem? Such as Alzheimer’s like your namesake had, or some other disorder?

I don’t think I want any candidate that is forgetting a mass of information.

• Icarus says:

Deal forgot so much about the water problem, that he didn’t actually do anything about it when he served at the Federal level. You know, that pesky part of the government that handles interstate disputes, controls the Army Corps of Engineers, etc.

1. ready2rumble says:

Wonder why he didn’t endorse Johnson? Johnson endorsed him and was on his Georgia leadership team.

• ready2rumble says:

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2008, Boston, MA – Today, Georgia Senate President Pro Tempore Eric Johnson announced that he is endorsing Governor Mitt Romney for President of the United States. As the highest-ranking Republican in the Georgia Senate, Senator Johnson will help lead the Romney for President team in Georgia.

Making today’s announcement, Senate President Pro Tempore Johnson issued the following statement:

“I believe that Mitt Romney is the most qualified person to address America’s role in the global economy and to address the downsizing of Washington’s expensive bureaucracy. We need less government and more jobs. We need someone who can talk international trade and terrorism as well as discuss monetary values as confidently as America’s moral values. Governor Romney can lead America into the complex environment of the 21st Century.

• macho says:

This must have been after the Thompson campaign went down in flames. Sort of like Ox retracting his “encouragement” of Guliani.

• ReaganRepublican says:

Because Price is his good liberal old buddy from Michigan. That is why he will not endorse Johnson.

• TheEiger says:

RR. Please show me Tom Price’s voting record and how he is a liberal. Like you I live in Congressman Price’s district and have seen nothing but a strong conservative leader out of him. I tend to follow the issues, obviously more than you, and see how my congressman votes instead of spewing nonsense without backing it up.

• SFrazier says:

If you follow that logic I guess Marshal and John Barrow are coservative. No conservative believes with 80% of Obamacare…
          I once had the privilege of meeting Roger Hinds, a stand up guy who once ran against Price. He told me Price was not a real conservative in his heart. I have no reason not to believe him. Has Fulton County ever produced anything but a pseudo conservative? Do not get me wrong, I am voting for Johnny Isakson, but he is no real conservative. I was supporting Doug McGannite, but now I find out he voted in 9 Democratic primaries. Please, are there any real Conservatives in Fulton County? There is no way I am voting for Handel, under no circumstances…..

2. ByteMe says:

Because with no competition in either the primary or general election, both Price and Gingrey need the money…..

Wonder what favors it buys Romney?

3. hewhoone says:

Romney is going to need all the help he can get in 2012. By then Romneycare will have bankrupted Massachusetts.

• kcordell says:

Mass. health care is already $200 million in the red. That’s why they went to D.C. begging for “bailout” money.

4. Mitt can endorse who he wants. HE AIN’T FROM AROUND THESE PARTS. Take the money and run… I did find it a bit disingenuous while he is playing Oprah to diss a man of stellar character, who has served his Country domestically and abroad for the cause of freedom. Max Wood gets my vote and I hope 51%!

Hey Mitt, we’ll remember in 2012…..

• ReaganRepublican says:

The Romney camp told me Max was a big Romney supporter and made a substatantial donation. Are they Lying?

• Lady Thinker says:

Who knows? I don’t know who you spoke to in the Romney camp and I don’t accept hearsay. I suppose I could pull up his financials and see for myself but how he sees the issues and what plan he develops are more important to me than who he wrote a check to for whatever reason.

I have talked personally to Max Wood at length, I have researched him, and I have heard him speak more than once. Unless he has some breaking scandal in that is revealed before the Primary, he has my vote.

• Was the donation made in gold? Because if it wasn’t, it wasn’t legal. I’m not sure who Max contributed to, I know theres pictures of him on stage with Huckabee right now. So, I would assume Romney wouldn’t give him money because of that.

• Doug Deal says:

They would have to be. Wood was a US Attorney, under Federal law they are not allowed to donate or publicly endorse candidates for partisan offices.

• Doug Deal says:

Of course, that was from memory, so I might be wrong. A US attorney is a politcal appointee, and here is the ethics rule:

Most employees, except career members of the Senior Executive Service (SES), administrative law judges, employees of the Criminal Division, employees of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and all Criminal Investigators and Explosives Enforcement Officers in the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, may participate actively in partisan campaigns. However, because of the sensitivity of the Department’s law enforcement role, Attorneys General in the past have determined that Justice Department political appointees should be held to stricter rules, most recently to the same restrictions applicable by statute to the employees mentioned above.

• Max couldn’t have donated to Romney if he even wanted too, DOJ rules prohibit US Attorneys from donating and getting involved in the political process.

I’m not sure he would have been a Romney supporter if he were able too either.

• macho says:

“Hey Mitt, we’ll remember in 2012…..”

That’s why he chose Olens, because he obviously didn’t have to wade into this race. You’ve got a choice between a relatively unknown Federal prosecutor or a very popular Chairman from the County with the most Republican votes in Georgia.

• Doug Deal says:

You forgot to add in regard to Olens… Supported by Democrats and from an industry that pretty much caused us to have Obamacare and expensive liability insurance. Malpractice and personal injury.

What business owner in their right mind would give money to a personal injury attorney, likely the lowest form of attorney on the planet. How many of you people have ever had or known someone to have a business that was sued by one of these people? It’s not about justice or what is right, it is about extorting money from businesses by demonstrating how expensive a trial will be and then settling for damages somewhere under that cost. Do you think that joker will ever support any type of tort reform. And if he does NOW for political expediencey, do you think he would have supported it when it could have affected his wallet?

Sure, there are valid personal injuury claims, but it is ripe with corruption.

5. ReaganRepublican says:

I am just asking a question? There is no way in hell I am voting for Olens. How someone supports politicaly is important, I bet he will not do it again, if he did.

• Doug Deal says:

I was turned off by Olens when I read his financial disclosures and who are on his various committees. His financial support comes from a virtual who-who’s of big Democratic contributors. I was so put off I made the following video and have some ideas for some more.

6. SFrazier says:

I think his wife was for Romney and he was for huckabee. I would like some more details myself.

7. JDW says:

I am with Maurice. Someone honestly correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t Mitt Governor of Massachusetts when gay marriage became legal and universal healthcare become law in Mass? Not sure why a Republican would want Mitt’s endorsement. If money could only make up for experience, Sam might get my vote. I’m for Max.

• ByteMe says:

Governor Mitt Romney launched the “superslate” campaign in 2004, based on the idea that the state Republican Party could use Conservative ideals and family values as a wedge issue and gain seats, spending millions of his own dollars and personally campaigning for Republican candidates in traditionally Democratic seats. Despite his efforts, the Republican party nonetheless lost three seats in the 2004 election. Since then, many legislators have changed their views to reflect growing support for same-sex marriage among their constituents. One of the original sponsors of the amendment to ban same-sex marriage and legalize civil unions, Brian Lees, said, “Gay marriage has begun, and life has not changed for the citizens of the commonwealth, with the exception of those who can now marry.”

• ReaganRepublican says:

Georgia just says no to that crap. We overwhelmingly passed a constitutional amendment that marriage is between a man and a woman. Heck, this even passed in California. Byte is part of the Fulton fake GOP movement that includes all liberal Handelistas.

• Lady Thinker says:

I’m curious as to why you use the ‘ReaganRepublican’ moniker when Deal was a Democrat during President Ronald Reagan’s entire reign.

• ByteMe says:

And your memory is faulty, because it wasn’t anywhere near “overwhelmingly”.

And you are a Deal-bot who is ok supporting politicians who have no ethics. Feel better now?

• ByteMe says:

Oops, my faulty memory. The amendment was passed by 76% of voters.

But the second paragraph is still accurate, Deal-bot.