Tom Price Changes Endorsement In Governor’s Race; Now Backs Handel

It is a major change in the race for endorsements within the Republican Primary for Governor, and Tom Price is dumping his previous endorsement of Nathan Deal for Karen Handel.

Price, along with the 4 of the remaining G-7 G-6, endorsed Deal when he originally announced his intention to run for Governor. Since then, Deal’s campaign has been “snake bitten”, with off message issues of Ghetto Grandmothers, Birthers, and then a probably campaign-fatal release of a preliminary investigation report from the House Ethics Committee.

Handel, meanwhile, has been gaining ground in the polls, and has increased her fundraising rate to a competitive range with the once dark horse turned last quarter’s fundraising leader Eric Johnson. She’s also owned earned media for most of the past month.

There is a sense of urgency among Republicans to choose a candidate not named “Oxendine”, and specifically among those wishing to return to Washington, to distance themselves from ethics issues of state level Republicans. The candidates with statewide organizations not mired in ethics issues are Karen Handel and Eric Johnson, and an intense battle is going on behind the scenes to galvanize support behind one of these two for the Republican nomination.

And in that battle, Handel draws first blood by pulling Price away from the Deal camp.

Full press release below the fold.

The Momentum Continues: Congressman Tom Price Endorses Karen Handel for Governor

Touts Handel ‘leadership and courage’, calls her a great candidate who would make a wonderful Governor

ALPHARETTA, GA – Congressman Tom Price (R- 6th District) today endorsed former Secretary of State Karen Handel for Governor of Georgia.

“Karen Handel has demonstrated the strength, courage and leadership in business and public office that we desperately need in the next Governor of our great state of Georgia. Karen is not only the best candidate to win the nomination and take on Roy Barnes and the Democrats in November, but she will also be a wonderful Governor for our state,” Congressman Price said today.

Price continued, “I know Karen. We have worked together on important issues for our constituents and our state. Karen will fight for transparency and accountability in our government and has the vision we need to create jobs, cut taxes, improve education and finally tackle the transportation challenges faced by so many Georgians.”

“I am very excited to have my friend and Congressman join our campaign,” Handel said. “He is a highly respected leader – not only in Georgia, but nationally. The addition of his counsel, as well as his energy and enthusiasm, will be invaluable in the weeks and months to come.”

Biography of Congressman Tom Price

While in Congress, Price has worked on bold, principled solutions to our many challenges, including energy, the economy, tax and health care policy.

Congressman Price has actively and aggressively fought for patient-centered health reform. He was the primary author of H.R. 3400, the Empowering Patients First Act, which would solve the remarkable challenges America faces in the realm of healthcare without putting the government in charge. He understands that what is needed is a system that maintains the highest quality care in the world while correcting the failings in the area of insurance coverage and non-medical decision-making.

Because of his strong leadership, Congressman Price was by his colleagues to chair the Republican Study Committee, the largest caucus in the U.S. House of Representatives. Congressman Price received a Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Michigan and completed his Orthopedic Surgery residency at Emory University. He established an orthopedic clinic just north of Atlanta, where he practiced for 20 years, helping grow his group into the largest private practice of orthopedic surgeons in the nation. He then returned to Emory University School of Medicine as an assistant professor. Before coming to Congress, Dr. Price was medical director of the Orthopedic Clinic at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, teaching resident doctors in training.

Price is active in the Atlanta community, is a past president of the Roswell Rotary Club and has served on Boards of the North Fulton Chamber of Commerce, Orchestra Atlanta, the Arthritis Foundation, and the North Metro YMCA. Congressman Price with his wife, Elizabeth, and family reside in Roswell. They are members of the Georgia Ensemble Theater, Roswell Clean and Beautiful, and the Chattahoochee Nature Center.

1. Junius says:

This is big indeed. I have felt for some time that Karen is where this thing is going to wind up. The McBerry tactical misstep aside, she still appears to be the most likely to prevail in the primary part because she is the most likely to prevail in November. Expect more endorsements to follow from Deal supporters as that ship continues to list.

2. ZazaPachulia says:

* Important (non-editor) note: Icarus is a diehard supporter of Karen Handel and this release was shaped by his rather overt political leanings

• B Balz says:

Not speaking for the man-who-flies-close-to-the-Sun, but I think he is ABO*

Anybody But Ox.

• ZazaPachulia says:

I’m a FSSABODMJH…
            (Former Scott supporter for anyone but Oxendine, Deal, McCreepy, Johnson or Handel)

That leaves Otis Putnam. And Roy Barnes. I’m not going to be able to enjoy a decent meal for quite some time. The nauseousness just won’t abate.

• TPNoGa says:

I am with you for the most part. I am afraid I may be voting for Barnes. But, I notice you don’t care for Eric Johnson, why? I was thinking of moving into his camp, but don’t really know that much about him. I am curious as to why people oppose him. Truth be told, I may end up voting for the GOP nominee because I am not sure I can bring myself to vote dem. My mom liked Barnes and planned on voting for him right up until she actually had to cast her vote. She ended up voting for Sonny.

• ZazaPachulia says:

Johnson resigned to run for governor (the stain of political expediency), an he’s an excellent fundraiser (in other words, a favorite of the special interests).

As Senate president pro-tem he chaired the Joint Legislative Committee on Ethics (doing little to nothing as the Gold Dome became a lobbyist’s paradise… he also let Richardson get away with practically anything) His pet issue when he became Pro-Tem was school vouchers — a miserable, short-sighted education ‘solution’ that he thankfully could not get his party to support.

Johnson is a terrible candidate. The best thing you can say about him is “at least he’s not Ox, Deal or McCreepy.”

I’ll take Handel over Johnson. And I’ll take Barnes over Handel. The party has shot itself in the foot. All you folks urging Austin to leave this race are morons.

• polisavvy says:

I don’t believe that it’s fair to call Austin Scott supporters morons. I happen to be one and have never been called a moron nor referred to as one. Have you ever stopped to think of the insurmountable task that would have faced him? Unlike the quitters in the race, he stayed true to his constituents. He could not raise the millions needed in that time frame. Further, he could not ignore his elected position in order to appear at every dog and pony show throughout the state. Think about it. Session ended about 11 weeks before the election. Even though I agree with you that he would by far have been the best for Georgia, with very little money and not enough time, it was a monumental task.

You allege to be such “friends of Austin and Vivien.” If that is the case, then why aren’t you respecting their decision and supporting his candidacy for Congress? Regardless of whether you could vote for him or not, think about this — if he is elected, he will be making decisions for all Georgians not just the ones in the 8th. Also, if you are such “friends” of them, why don’t you just let it go instead of sounding so ridiculous with your acronyms? Perhaps you should consider just growing up.

• Lady Thinker says:

She can’t get past this because Austin didn’t call to get her two cents and tell her first, so she could leak it to the media before he did. She feels betrayed in her fantasy and this is the revenge she feels she must get in order to feel whole again. This statement is proven in her stated desire to burn the Scott signs in the Walmart dumpster. If she was friends with the Scotts, they are better off without her.

• ZazaPachulia says:

Lady Thinker, you’re nuts.

Excuse me for having a sense of humor. The Wal-Mart dumpster comment was a playful poke at Otis Putnam’s occupation on his qualifying papers… Take a look at my handle on PP — you don’t got to be so serious about everything. This is a blog.

You take offense whenever someone dares to suggest that Karen Handel is a lousy candidate for governor. She is. lighten up.

The fact remains, party leadership and the big donors ran our best candidate for governor out of the race. If that doesn’t gnaw on your nerves just a little, then why bother following this stuff at all?

Zaza,

Backtracking and attacking! I love it! I see I hit a nerve! Thanks for letting me know I am right, I love being right! And the Walmart comment was not a joke, you were serious and you know it.

Party leadership and big donors didn’t run Austin out of Georgia, he and his wife made the decision to move on.

Tom Price as well as thousands of supporters don’t think Karen is a weak or bad candidate. How many does supporters does Otis have not counting you?

• ZazaPachulia says:

I never said I was friends with the Scotts… I’m simply a politically active individual who had opportunities to speak with them from time to time.

It’s true that I remain a little upset that Austin left the governor’s race, but we agree on the reason — you just said it — “he would by far have been the best for Georgia.”

I am much more upset that we don’t have a decent candidate left in this field. If someone like Ralston was in this gubernatorial field, it wouldn’t matter that Austin jumped down to the Congressional race. I am upset because my party is fielding a miserable line-up of candidates for Governor and the people who run the party in this state (leadership, big donors, etc.) ran Austin out of the race instead of holding their checks for him at the end of the session.

• polisavvy says:

I, too, am upset that our selection of remaining candidates is not what I wanted. Unfortunately, these are the cards left from the deck. Sorry if I misunderstood your being friends with them. It’s just that you were so passionate for days after him switching that it appeared as though you guys were BFF’s. You seemed to take the change so personally.

In LT’s defense, the whole dumpster thing is because you made such a big deal about going to dispose of Austin Scott’s signs on the very day he announced that he was switching races. I would refer you to your posts; however, after having checking a few minutes ago — those comments are now closed. Then you came on here talking about a new PAC that you were forming (which was probably a joke), so I, too, was under the impression that you were going to do something with those signs that could have a negative impact on Austin Scott. I think you raised the suspicion on yourself.

Also, last time I checked, I wouldn’t call it “jumping down to the Congressional race.” It’s not like he’s dropping to the local dog catcher election. It’s still a powerful position and one that can have a positive impact on all citizens of Georgia. He would still be working for Georgians!

3. rightofcenter says:

Icarus is not a ABOD – to anyone who ever reads this blog, he is a blatant Handel supporter. I wonder how he will sugarcoat the article in today’s AJC that Handel is skipping out on the bio jobs conference that only Deal is attending on the Republican side? Afraid the subject might veer off into something more than an 8th grade science discussion and thus be over her head?

• I Am Jacks Post says:

You can also throw Tyler on the list of unapologetic Handel fluffers. Bet he spent his birthday night alone with an ice-cold Yoo-Hoo, slow burning sandlewood candles, and a Handel brochure.

• Tyler says:

I support Handel. I’m unapologetic with most things in life, but “fluffer” not so much.

My birthday was great actually. Gotta love family and friends! Judging by how descriptive you were in my “birthday scenario”, it sounds like you’ve been there before. 🙂

• LoyaltyIsMyHonor says:

She had to skip out of that conference; the GED does not have a science component to it.

• AubieTurtle says:

For some on PP anything less than involking Godwin’s Law while discussing Handel makes them her supporter.

4. ZazaPachulia says:

Too bad Austin Scott didn’t stick around to start reaping the benefits of the state G.O.P power structure waking up and turning on their brains…

Yeah, yeah, Icarus, we get it… Karen and Eric are superior choices to Oxendine and Deal. But, simply standing next to the homely farmhand does not make one a beauty queen. Our candidates in this Gov’nuh’s race leave a whole lot to be desired. Eric “School Voucher / Joint Committee on Ethics Chairman” Johnson DOES have ethics issues (as in, the inability to recognize and call out gross violations happening right under his nose). And Karen is way too close to George ‘Sonny’ Perdue for comfort…

It saddens me to say it, but I wish a few more of those former Dems with ideas on the Mansion would have switched parties back in the day, alongside Ox, Sonny and Deal. I’d relish the chance to vote for Poythress or Porter in the GOP primary so that we could field a decent candidate opposite Barnes…

As much as you want her to be, Handel ain’t the answer…

5. In The Arena says:

Karen Handel has never done anything besides jump from the shoulders of one giant to another, jump from one office to another, jump from one stance on issues to another.

Can anyone name Karen Handel’s biggest accomplishment besides being a supreme bullshi**er?

Anyone who is sick and tired of the establishment power structure needs to look elsewhere besides Handel. I thought Dr. Tom Price was a better man than to cringe before the power of Sonny Perdue and the establishment.

6. Georgia Judge says:

No cant agree with the premise that Handel will be there in the end,this will be a three man race literally and figuratively before its over.
    Handel campaign reminds me of those country lyrics…falling seems like flying… for a little while.

7. Harry says:

To whoever is removing my Handel signs and replacing them with bigger bolder Ox ones. Please stop, that’s not nice.

8. StephenLocustGrove says:

WHO CARES??? Tom endorsed Nathan Deal first because he thought Deal was the 4sure winner. Price knew about all the allegations against Deal when he endorsed him, but he probably thought they would not come into the light. Now he is endorsing Handel…Come on folks why would you put faith into someone that changes their mind in the middle of the race because that person they endorsed is not leading in the polls. If you vote for a candidate just because someone endorsed them you should not be able to vote anymore.

• John Konop says:

In fairness to Tom Price he did not know at the time that Deal had major issues with the allegations. The report came out at a latter date and I do not think Tom is on that committee.

• TheEiger says:

So how do you know that Tom Price knew of Deal’s ethics issues when he endorsed Deal? Any proof in your statement? Seems that Congressman Deal’s “Ethics Investigation” came out quite a while after Tom’s endorsement.

9. Sarah Scott says:

I have often wondered what the cost of integrity is these days….wonder if Handel’s increased fundraising is enough to pay for Price’s endorsement.

• TheEiger says:

Congressman Price is running unopposed this year. Why would he need help from Handel in fund raising. That doesn’t really make since does it?

10. SFrazier says:

First he betrayed us with Romney, than agreeing with 80% of Obamacare, now this. He can kiss being speaker good bye.

Olens , Handel, and Price need to go home and get out of Georgia. Fulton county is not a good representation of Georgia… (only 10% of GOP vote)

• Gary Cooper says:

Uh, Price also represents good portions of Cobb and Cherokee Counties. I am sure they give a good portion of the statewide GOP vote.

• In The Arena says:

Its a dark day in the 6th. People need to stand on their own two feet and not trust the government, even a seemingly respectable guy like Congressman Price. Make your own decision in this election. We the people need to not blindly follow the endorsement of one man, especially when he politically profited from this endorsement. The average 6th district voter did not see any of that profit. If Price gets his way, all the average 6th district voter is going to see is Roy Barnes running circles around Handel and dropping the hammer on her in November. Its a dark day in the 6th.

• TPNoGa says:

I know you’re a big Handel supporter, and I am sure she is a very decent person. However, she isn’t very impressive to me. Why should I vote for her? Saying she is better than the rest of the GOP field is not any accomplishment with that group. As power hungry as Barnes is, he is a lot more impressive than Karen. I have an open mind, and could very possibly change my mind, but she needs to step it up a level. Her conduct regarding McBerry seemed s little petty to me. She just feels like a lightweight to me. Also, she seems too close to Sonny. Just my opinion as it stands today.

• LoyaltyIsMyHonor says:

I’ve heard Karen speak, and even worse, I’ve seen her speak. She uses note cards during some gubernatorial debates. She uses the same canned speech over and over. She uses out-dated, worn-out, and tired catchphrases. But more importantly, she has no record to stand on.

Like TPNoGA, I’m sitting this one out this year and voting for Barnes. He stepped on too many toes when he was Governor, and his staff was heavy-handed, but his policies were sound.

• mondaymorningqb says:

If Fulton County is so inconsequential, then it sounds like you have nothing to worry about in the Primary. Feel free to encourage all your candidates to spend all their time and money outside the metro area through July.

After all, “real” Republicans can’t possibly live in metro Sodom, right?

• Lady Thinker says:

Price doesn’t want to be around questionable people like your candidate and his problems. Maybe you should re-examine why you still support Deal.

11. ByteMe says:

Y’all missed Deal’s amusing response (courtesy of the AJC):

“As a native Georgian, I was brought up to believe that a person’s word is his bond, which is why I’m grateful to the conservative Georgians who’ve remained loyal to our cause. It’s their support that has made me the only Republican with a 7-point lead over Roy Barnes.”

• In The Arena says:

March – Nathan Deal – 43% Karen Handel 42%
      Roy Barnes – 40% Roy Barnes 39%

April – Nathan Deal – 46% Karen Handel 43%
      Roy Barnes – 39% Roy Barnes 42%

Trend – Nathan Deal = +4%
      Karen Handel = -2%

-Rasmussen

• ByteMe says:

Rasmussen is regularly wrong with intermediate polls, because of the way he overweights his poll sample (the final poll is the only one he crows about, because he corrects properly for actual turnout).

You also left off margin of error, which is about 5%, meaning that the spread could actually be:

Deal – 41%, Barnes 44%
        Handel 48%, Barnes 37%

But you’d know that if you had done more research into the subject.

• In The Arena says:

Or it could be Deal 51 % – Barnes 34%.

The point here is that in March it was a virtual tie between Handel and Deal against Barnes. Handel lost ground, and Deal gained ground big time. Now Deal has a substantial lead over Barnes and Karen is in a virtual tie with Barnes.

• ZazaPachulia says:

“Deal has gained ground big time”

With who exactly? Obviously not with Tom Price…

• ByteMe says:

The point is that you have no idea whether Deal has a substantial lead or Handel does, because you can’t compare polls with that large of a margin of error and perceive a trend in the numbers from two data points.

• BuckheadConservative says:

I agree on the MOE, but please explain your beef w/ Rasmussen again if you don’t mind.

• BuckheadConservative says:

I knew that’s what you were going to say. I like Nate Silver’s analysis most of the time, but I take issue with this peice. He’s comparing them to other pollsters who have their own set of methodologies, based on their own biases. You don’t evaluate pollsters by their numbers relative to other pollsters (who may be flawed). You evaluate them by objective measures, such as their predictions versus the actual results. There, Rasmussen does very well.

Let me guess, you would trust them more if they produced results similar to Democracy Corps or NPR?

• ByteMe says:

No, I would trust them more if they produced results similar to Gallup. Or even FOX’s polls!

If you read the analysis and understood what it was saying then you would get that their phone polls are biased toward old white Republican females by the nature of their polling method, which is to do a fast poll of a limited number of people using IVR and only calling land lines. Then taking those numbers and not weighting them to reflect the demographics of the existing population they claim to represent in the poll.

Well, heck, if you want to poll old white Republican women about Democrats or Obama or any non-conservative policy and extrapolate that to the entire population without massaging to reflect the actual population’s demographics — e.g., not being predominantly old white conservative females with landlines — that’s certainly a “poll”, but it’s not something I would go around claiming was an accurate reflection of the broader public opinion or using it to claim a trend as @In The Arena tried to do.

• BuckheadConservative says:

They poll likely voters. If old white Republican women are the ones who are going to show up on election day, I want to know what they are going to vote for. Do you really believe a sample of likely voters will match perfectly with a cross section of society at large? There is a large body of evidence that shows that is not even close to the truth.

When measured on absolute terms, ie predicted outcome vs. actual, Rasmussen does very well. Better than others. And no, I don’t buy that RR changes their polling methods closer to election time. That sounds like an easy way for whiney liberals who don’t like their results to explain RR’s sucess. Silver makes that claim in the article with no proof to back it up. If you’re going to say that, then you damned sure better have a June poll side by side with an October poll and be able to show me the difference. That’s not there. Or anywhere.

• ByteMe says:

In reality, they do not poll “likely” anything. If you read Nate’s commentary, they are very loose with the concept of “likely voter” and appear to include only those people who answer a landline phone and take their survey.

When measured in absolute terms for every poll they put out there, they are wrong on the Robocall intermediate polls up until they do the interview polls done in the last days before the election. Check out Rasmussen’s polls leading up to election day 2008 to see how the numbers quickly moved up to strongly favor Obama only once they started doing interviews instead of robocalls, but every other poll had him leading long before that because they were doing a better job getting a better sampling of “likely voters”.

You can have whatever opinion you want, but the trail of facts doesn’t lie. And trying to play the “lib’ral” card just shows that facts must be a liberal construct.

• BuckheadConservative says:

What the hell are you measuring them against for the intermediate polls? Other pollsters? Nonstarter. You don’t like their methodology? Prove they’re wrong. You can’t. You can only prove they’re different. Frankly, I’m glad they’re different from Democracy Corp. or NPR.

Yes, I did play the “liberal” card, b/c they complain about RR a lot, and I believe people’s motivations are important to evaluating their arguments.

ByteMe…seldom right, but never in doubt.

• ByteMe says:

I’m measuring the intermediate polls against others and noting the trend once they measure using interviews, which significantly changes their results.

Nate Silver — someone who does political stats for a LIVING unlike you or I — has already figured out where they’re wrong, but you dismiss it out of hand by saying “I don’t like lib’rals”. #FAIL. Take it to a meeting of like-minded people if you want to sell that to someone. Until then… bring reality and facts to the table and we’ll have something interesting to discuss.

• BuckheadConservative says:

I’ve seen you use your “dumb, insular republican” line several times. It’s a staple of yours. I read fivethirtyeight regularly (as regularly as they post) and haven’t watched FoxNews in probably 4 years. So stick that line back in your pocket and find another.

I like Nate Silver. I think he’s a smart guy and does good work. I just think he’s wrong here. Just b/c a poll registers as different from other polls with their own methodologies and biases doesn’t make it wrong. By your measure, I can say Democracy Corp has bad methodology b/c it weights too heavy against old, white, GOP women who make up a larger portion of the likely voter pool than most.

• ByteMe says:

“dumb insular Republican”?? I don’t think I’ve ever used the word “insular” out here. 🙂

As for the rest, if you want to equate Rasmussen’s bias to Democracy Corp’s bias, I’m ok with that. Just don’t try to claim either is unbiased, ’cause I ain’t buyin’.

• Doug Deal says:

A math and a statistics professor are laughing at you somewhere.

Two error filled points do not make a “trend”. You probably think this analysis is clever, but it does nothing but show you Deal people are ignorant of pretty much everything you spout off about.

• Ambernappe says:

Is that the reason that the Lt. Governor failed to reply to the subpoena in the Georgia investigation of the Real Deal ?

12. Mayonnaise says:

“Maybe now, Tom can try to help Karen understand why her support of gay adoption offends the conservative values of Georgians throughout the state, let alone those who vote in the Republican primary.”

WHAT?!?!?!

Handel supports Gay Adoption also?!?!?

Roy Barnes is going to run to the stinking right of her.

Wake up conservatives!

• Mayonnaise says:

Barnes hedged when asked by a member of the AEN audience if he would support a law “affirming the rights of gays and lesbians to adopt.”

“I can’t answer that directly because I don’t know what the current Georgia law is,” Barnes said. “But to be quite frank with you—I’m not going to lie to you, some things we agree on and some we don’t—I am not willing to pledge or state that I would change the law or enact an affirmative law until I had further time to consider it.”

“…. and Secretary of State Karen Handel. She wooed the gays in her successful run for Fulton County Commission…..”

If you folks don’t think Ole Roy will exploit this, then you’re living in a cave.

• ByteMe says:

I’m thinking people who are against gay adoption are the ones still living in caves.

• John Konop says:

Mayonnaise,

I have news for you as a business guy I do business with gay people, Muslim people…….The people I trust the least are people like you who lead with a self-righteous tone over the substance of the deal!

A “REAL” fiscal conservative would be focused on fiscal issues not gutter level juvenile political hate speech.

• Mayonnaise says:

Great Konop! When you run for state office, you can express your support of gay adoption. Good Luck!

Just because you don’t care about it doesn’t mean the majority of Georgians who do are engaging in hate speech. Grow up and act like a conservative.

• John Konop says:

Mayonnaise,

Nice spin, but it is your GOD given right to spew hate in America. But many of us are more concerned about pocket book issues than the thought police that have much to hide. The irony is studies show many of you who hate gay people do it because you are gay.

The Christian Right’s Gay Problem

DB-Dr. George Rekers, a Christian anti-gay leader, was caught with a hooker from Rentboy.com—the latest example of hypocrisy on the religious right. Michelle Goldberg on why Ted Haggards keep happening.

In 1996, three researchers from the University of Georgia published a study in the Journal of Abnormal Psychology about the links between homophobia and homosexual arousal. The authors, Henry E. Adams, Lester W. Wright, Jr., and Bethany A. Lohr, started with 35 straight men identified as homophobic and 29 straight men that were not. Both groups were shown heterosexual, lesbian and gay male porn while their erectile responses were measured. “Only the homophobic men showed an increase in penile erection to male homosexual stimuli,” reported the researchers.

Rekers deserves a measure of pity as well as scorn. If he portrayed homosexuality as a life-destroying temptation that only the strictest of measures could contain, that’s because, for him, it was.

It was empirical evidence for a theory long popular among psychoanalysts: that those most hostile to gay people are often driven by terror and shame about their own desires.

John,

It appears that some people are going out of their way NOT to undertand what you are saying. I am in total agreement with you. One cannot ask another what their sexual or political leanings are before doing business because it is wrong on so many levels and illegal. Maybe their attitudes is why they are not as successful as you are.

• In The Arena says:

According to your logic JK, a real fiscal conservative would not be focused on Ray McBerry. Nothing says “Bring It On” like skipping debates.

• John Konop says:

Taking advantage of a minor especially while in an authority position is different than a life style choice of an adult.

For example:

In my opinion the main issue with Richardson was not that he cheated on his wife it was that she was a lobbyist that he was pushing a bill with our money.

• ByteMe says:

sooooo not a lifestyle choice. That’s like saying having dark skin is a lifestyle choice. Who wants to choose to be a hated minority?

• ByteMe says:

Certainly being a Gator wasn’t a genetic occurrence… my folks were both Hurricanes and my siblings are all Gators. Most definitely a great choice.

• TPNoGa says:

Wow. My parents are big Hurricane fans. I was raised attending UM games. I was the black sheep (or Gator) in the family. Are you from Miami?

• ByteMe says:

Born there, raised there — including many Sunday afternoons in the stands of the Orange Bowl — left there after “Miami Vice” took over the mindset and go back now only for the comfort food.

• TPNoGa says:

I was born and raised there, left for college and never went back. I make sure to go to two places when I am home. Shorty’s BBQ and Captain’s Tavern for seafood. I spent many Sundays in the ole OB. I still remember that 1984 season like it was yesterday.

• ByteMe says:

I was born and raised on the north end of the county. My dad’s company used to be down near where you’re talking about. And my OB years were 74-78 for the most part. After that, I was off to school and parts out yonder. I get to go to a game every now and then these days, but it’s not as special as it used to be.

• In The Arena says:

You’re missing the point. What does attacking Ray McBerry have to do with fiscal conservatism?

• John Konop says:

In The Arena

Is this a serious question?

I will help you if it is.

FOR EXAMPLE:

If you can to me with your business and you were sleeping with your employees and or clients which some are even minors, I would have to pass on the deal because you are to much of a risk!

Do I need to list all the finacial risk associated with the above behavior?

• In The Arena says:

I see what you’re saying but its a stretch. It was only a way for her to pass on debates. Wish I could have seen her lay this out at the Statesboro debate without her notes in front of her. But she wasn’t there. Nothing says bring it on like skipping debates.

• Lady Thinker says:

What I have seen is several of the candidates, not just Karen, writing down questions posed to them, especially if it is a two or three-part question, in order to make sure they answer everything asked of them. I don’t see a problem with that but I would see a problem with a candidate selecting what they are willing to answer and ignoring the rest.

• ConcernedGeorgian says:

JK,
        This has nothing to do about hate or being fiscally responsible.
        Opposing adoption by gay couples is about convictions and moral choice.

Those of us who are social conservatives simply believe that little Johnny shouldn’t have two Dads or two Moms. The simple truth is that Karen Handel is not a social conservative. She has supported adoption by gay couples and supports same-sex causes. This caused me much grief when she ran for Fulton Commission. It would appear that Tom Price evidently supports these causes as well. I’m just surprised that the GOP leadership in Washington would condone such beliefs in one that they give a great deal of responsibility. I’m very disappointed in Price’s decision to support a social liberal. I will not be giving him anymore money!

Being half-way conservative will not cut it for the Republicans; it will take a strong fiscal and social conservative for us to win on election day.

• TheEiger says:

Can you please post the article or comment that Karen has made about allowing gays to adopt children? Or is this something you heard from a friend that heard that it was posted on a website some where. I do believe that this has been brought up many times against Karen. Yet no one seems to be able to prove it.

Eiger,

I have also asked for proof several times on this issue and no one responds, yet, the same information gets posted time and time again. There is no link to back-up this rumor.

• ByteMe says:

Just because you “believe” it doesn’t make you right and anyone who wants to give social fascists the power of government behind them gets what they deserve.

• MSBassSinger says:

ByteMe and I agree again (sort of). I am extremely wary of using the government to enforce social and moral constructs unless they are something that clearly has a negative effect on society.

I certainly don’t want to empower the social fascists who want to force people to accept a behavior choice that most people know to be immoral. I certainly don’t want to empower the social fascists who want to silence dissent and restrict the free exercise of religious speech of those who know a certain behavior choice to be immoral.

I also do not want the social fascists of another stripe to use government to intrude into people’s private behavior between adults. Using the government to do by force what the Church should be doing by gentle persuasion and setting the example is wrong by any measure.

While I know homosexuality is a moral failing (sin in the vernacular of Christendom), so is heterosexual sex outside marriage, getting drunk, cussing, and a host of other things. If you get drunk in your home, that is wrong, but not government’s business. If you get drunk behind the wheel of a car on a public road, then it is the government’s business. If you and your partner want to share a homosexual life in private, that is not the government’s business. If someone wants to force a child to grow up in such a dysfunctional home, then it is the government’s business to protect the child.

Government’s first and primary job is to provide for public safety and fulfill its Constitutional duties. Government needs to focus on limiting itself to its Constitutional powers.

I would much rather my government focus on putting those who hire illegals in jail, sending illegals home when they turn up, stop spending us into Grecian-style debt, drastically reduce spending by drastically reducing the scope of government, and then subsequently lowering and simplifying taxes. That is much more the role of government that trying to stomp out what two adults do in private in their own homes.

• John Konop says:

ConcernedGeorgian,

As I said I have NO IDEA about what Karen said about the issue. And I am only posting what I think.

In my opinion you guys are destroying the state and our country. Because you will support fiscally irresponsible TV preacher type candidates who claim to be “real believers” while cheating on anything they can!

You should focus more on improving yourself and let GOD be the light. You might find the below interesting.

Lunch With Former Republicans

I recently had lunch with two friends who are life long Republicans. They said they’ve had it with the party for encouraging crack whores and welfare moms to have babies at their expense (thorough strident pro-life politics).

They also complained that, given that a majority of the money spent on healthcare is expended during the last part of a person’s life, all the GOP is doing by opposing euthanasia is spending even more of their money ie Medicare.

One said, “Do you really think Jesus would want millions of dollars spent on a few weeks of person’s life instead of being used to provide healthcare for a person with a real future?” The other told me it may be for the wrong reason, but at least Pelosi does not want to expand the two biggest parts of entitlement costs: welfare moms’ kids and healthcare for dying people.

Finally, they were both angry about the party’s unrealistic approach to sex and refusal to promote contraception. They said it was just another money drain that ends up at their door step. One said, “Only a crazy person would proudly parade a recent teenage mother around as an example why teenagers should not have sex!”

I was blown away be the anger and frustration these two friends have toward the party. The GOP needs to examine this anger on the part of many fiscal conservatives. If the party cannot find a happy medium on social issues, I do think it will hurt it on a national level. On a personal level, my family is on the socially conservative side, but transferring this into a federal policy may not be the best way to win hearts.

• eschristian says:

“I have no clue what her position is on gay adoption nor do I care. In case you have not notice with have issues with the following; unemployment, tax revenue, education, transportation……. The reason the GOP is in trouble is because to many of you care about hate based politics over dealing with real issues!” – I agree 1 trillion%

• HankRearden says:

You would care if you were the adopted child. It is easy to not care when the issue does not effect you directly. This is the same as “not in my back yard” mentality. These things seem to effect you directly: unemployment, tax revenue, education, transportation. Our state (and country) are bigger than YOU. We all need to look at what is better for GA. Sometimes that even means being personally burdened for the time being. Children matter, how they grow up matter, and what our state does to them matter. If people cared for children the way they care for dogs (humane society) or whales (save the whales) we would live in a better place.

• Mayonnaise says:

Oh!?!?!? You mean she’s a hate-filled like the rest of us homo-phobes? Someone better let JK know.

• Mayonnaise says:

That should be an interesting conversation you’ll be having with yourself.

Also, add Karen to that prayer because she’ll be coming out against gay adoption as soon as she’s asked about it. But I guess faking your socially conservative convictions in order to win an election is more morally acceptable than actually having socially conservative convictions (which of course is actually hateful).

• John Konop says:

Mayonnaise,

I am not faking anything. On a personal level I am against abortion. The difference between us is I leave the judging up to GOD. And unlike you I realize I am far from perfect and do not feel like I have to fool anyone to think I follow Old Testament rules and laws that none of us can. And since I am not perfect who I am to judge another person?

• Mayonnaise says:

I got it JK. Legally protecting the unborn from being murdered, standing for traditional marriage, and preventing homosexuals from adopting children, is actually judging people and against God. Thank you for the bible lesson…..over and out.

• ByteMe says:

Of course not. It’s not the mother’s fault she needs an abortion, it’s … um… the doctor’s fault! No, wait… it’s the … um… father’s fault for having sex in the first place. No, wait… it’s … um….

Fire. Aim. Ready.

• John Konop says:

I am no lawyer but if it is murder than would not all three if involved be up on murder charges? BTW who will pay for all the new prisons and court cost when your law is passed?

• GAPoliticsisfun says:

Interesting that Mayo attacks Handel for being for gay adoption, then when asked to show some proof, he calls Handel a flip flopper.

• Mayonnaise says:

Her support of the gay community in order to win the North Fulton chair is well known. Her flip-flop on the gay community when she ran for SOS is also well known. Just ask the leaders of the gay mafia in Atlanta. If you need their phone numbers grab Karen’s blackberry.

• John Konop says:

Mayo,

It is all ok; none of us really care about your issues with gay people or why you have the problem.

… It was empirical evidence for a theory long popular among psychoanalysts: that those most hostile to gay people are often driven by terror and shame about their own desires…..

• Capt. Jack Sparrow says:

This gay mafia you speak of…do they redecorate your house, mess up your hair, or dress you in bad clothes when they want to rub you out? Or is it even worse?

• Mozart says:

Here is an article from 2009 in Creative Loafing covering Handel’s flip-flop between her Fulton Commission race and her SOS race:

Geez…talk about pandering, just look at how Karen flipped in the 2006 race from being “gays are okay, I can work with them as long as I’m on the Fulton County Commission” to vehemently declaring her disgust with them for the 2006 and this 2010 race. Pandering like that Pander-fool Ox.

• ZazaPachulia says:

yeah, that too… This series is embarrassing. I’ll be there booing Joe in about 2 hours… I wouldn’t be surprised if the real Zaza starts booing too.

• In The Arena says:

I heard they weren’t allowed to use notecards there. Anybody have results from the straw poll?

13. macho says:

In the book, “How to win a Georgia Republican Primary,” in the chapter titled, “In case of and emergency, break glass,” on the first page it states, “If your campaign is spiraling out-of-control, as a last ditch effort, tell everyone that your opponent likes the gays.”

• ByteMe says:

Yep, when you got nothing constructive to talk about… instill fear of “the other”.

14. Jane says:

While neither Handel nor Price are liberals or RINO’s in the true sence of the word, both are more liberal and associate with more liberals then thier colleagues. Tom Price was honored by the Ripon society, a group organized around moderating the social possitions of the GOP. While a good guy, he is not exactly the kind of Tea Party conservative that will lead the party out of the minority.

• TheEiger says:

Jane, all I can say is you are obviously lost on what has been happening in the news the past year. What rock have you been leaving under. Tom Price? A moderate Republican? Haha!

• macho says:

Show me the evidence where you’re basing this perception. Just because he chooses to be cordial to people, doesn’t mean he’s more liberal than his colleagues – how ridiculous.

Price is very conservative and objectively more conservative than his colleagues.

He is recognized as a conservative leader by the conservative House members as Chairman of the Republican Study Committee, which is the House Conservative Caucus.

He ranks well in Georgia by the ACU.

The NRA gives him an “A”

This rating of the 2008 session combines economic, social and foreign policy voting. It has Price ranked as the 11th most Conservative member in the US House of Representatives. For reference Deal was the 58th most Conservative member, Phil Gingrey 13th and Mike Pence was 18th.

15. smitty says:

to criticize someone because they changed their mind in politics is mind-boggling to me. not deal, but all the genius posters on here. and u wonder why so many people lose faith in politicians? because people are criticized for standing up and saying something, instead of just going along with ‘business as usual.’

loyalty? the man was a dem before he was a repub! pot, meet kettle

• macho says:

It’s a great point smitty. Some folks needed to change their minds about Richardson being Speaker.

16. macho says:

This was a nice pick-up for Karen and a nuclear bomb for Deal. It’s bad enough when one of your colleagues chooses to endorse an opponent from the beginning, but when one of your fellow House members sees such major issues with your candidacy, that he chooses to un-endorse you, that’s a major problem.

This has nothing to do with Price going back on his word. I’m sure when the Georgia GOP Congressmen choose to endorse Deal, they had some assurances from him that he would run a competent campaign. With Deal, it’s been one gaffe after another, from “Ghetto Grandmas” to House ethics investigations.

• Lady Thinker says:

Toasted Deal. You are right, Price didn’t go back on his word. I think it took courage on Price’s part to re-examine his committment in light of Deal’s problems and choose a different candidate. He could have chosen one of the others but he chose the one I think is the best – Karen.

17. Clone Of B. Plyler says:

Tom Graves endorsing Handel means nothing because I endorse Jeff Chapman for Gov. Now, that’s real earned media.

18. GALisa says:

I am so confused. Hopefully, we’ll learn who the best candidate is at the debate on May 22 — Gwinnett Civic Ctr., 5:30pm.

• Doug Grammer says:

Nope, you will learn who is the best candidate after the primary and the runoff. But good plug for your event!

19. Progressive Dem says:

Wow. This has been entertaining.

Price’s flip flop is further recognition that Deal is finished. Deal’s experience as a Washington politician is hardly appealing in 2010. Then add the smelly junk car business arrangement, and his campaign is going nowhere fast.

The July election is coming fast and the Ox is still in a strong position to be in a run-off. It is getting too late to knock Oxendine out of one of the run-off positions. It will be hard for Deal to get any more endorsements, and don’t be surprised if he doesn’t lose some as others start coalescing around Johnson or Handel – the only people that can knock the Ox out.

20. Ludwig Von Beachbum says:

The “Bring It On ” candidate deserted her elected post

Deserted the debates.

Her and Sarah Palin should host a talk show.

They would probably quit after 3 shows. 🙂

• TheEiger says:

Ludwig, what would you have said if Karen stayed on has Secretary of State while running for governor? “Maybe, she isn’t ethical because she is controlling the sos office while running for a higher office?” So what you are saying is that you want someone running for governor to oversee how the election THEY ARE RUNNING IN is conducted. That is not the most ethical thing to do. By resigning her position as sos Karen has proven that she is the most ethical candidate in the race. Lets put on the thinking cap before we opine next time okay?

• polisavvy says:

About this whole election overseeing thing — what do other states do? Do the SOS’s in other states quit before seeking another office? I don’t know the answer to this. Just curious.

• Ambernappe says:

polisavvy.
            Curently, 38 States have Secretaries of State which oversee elections. Each also has an Elections Commission and /or an Ethics commision. Currently, the Governor of Hawaii is seeking to create a SoS in his state. Some SoS are non-partisan. It does not appear that state restricts the current or former SoS as far as seeking re-election, or other office. The situation is considered self-policing. Citizens have a responsibility to report suspicious circumstances.

• gopgal says:

I guess that makes Brian Kemp unethical since he is “controlling the sos office while running” to be the next SoS.

• polisavvy says:

That’s the burning question I have. What happens when an SOS runs for re-election? Or when an SOS runs for a higher office? How do other states handle it? Isn’t there an election commission that oversees the election? I realize that the election commission falls under the SOS, but how is it usually handled? No one seems to have the answer to this.

• polisavvy says:

Thanks. I’ve asked this before but have never received an answer. I have always been curious about this one, too.

• analogkid says:

Polisavvy: You have inferred correctly. The ethical argument as to why Karen stepped down is a red herring. She stepped down in order to catch up on fundraising while most of the other candidates were barred by law from doing so. End of story.

• polisavvy says:

True. I just have always wondered what other states do and how previous elections have been done in Georgia relative to this type of situation. That’s all.

• analogkid says:

I can’t speak to what happens in other states, but in Georgia, Cathy Cox was elected SOS in 1998, re-elected SOS in 2002, and ran for governor in 2006 without resigning her post.

• polisavvy says:

John, do you know if the State suffered because she (Cox) ran for Governor? I mean, did she neglect to do the job that she (Cox) was getting paid to do? I’m just really curious about this issue. Presidents run for re-election and still continue to do the jobs they were elected to do. Why is this so different? I am still on the fence about who to vote for now that Austin Scott is running for Congress. I an leaning towards Handel but this is a factor in my decision.

• analogkid says:

JK:

I’m pretty sure candidates are barred by law (looking for it now) from using an elected office to benefit a campaign. However, even if you assume that candidates will “do it anyway,” you do know that the State is going to pay a salary to an SOS no matter what, right? I doubt Brian Kemp is working for free just because Karen stepped down.

• John Konop says:

Polisavvy,

I am really not sure what the right answer is, but it would make an interesting debate.

As far as Governor we are facing tough times and that is why I thought Karen and Austin seem to be most pragmatic no non-sense problem solvers in my opinion. That is why I am even donating money to Austin even with him running out of my district.

I also think the Democrats are hoping and praying that it is Deal, Ox or Johnson. It would be open season on ethical issues with Deal and Ox. And Johnson would be a target with the school cut backs and his voucher program. My wife already gets e-mails from the PTA about this issue.

• analogkid says:

OK, well, as long as we’re clear that she didn’t save the State money by stepping down and wasn’t legally or ethically obligated to do so, then my work is done. 🙂

• polisavvy says:

Thanks for your candor, John. I know that Austin Scott will appreciate knowing that he has your support — I certainly do appreciate it.

Eiger,

Also, by resigning, she isn’t campaigning in the tax dollar AND she can’t be accused of manipulating the results when she wins at every stage of the process.

• TheEiger says:

As far as the deserting debates. Where you aware that there was a debate in Evans, GA this past Saturday? Neither Chapman or the Ox showed up. Now why is that? Is it because Karen was there this time and neither wanted to be beaten by her? Little food for thought there.

• macho says:

The reality is Ox has been the one avoiding debates. It’s not because he minds sharing a stage with McCreepy. It’s because at this point, all he can do is go down in the polls.

21. Jane says:

I did not say either of them were liberals in the same circles are say Susan Collins or John McCain. I was saying Tom Price is not Paul Broun or Graves and Karen Handel is no Sarah Palin. Within the Georgia party both Tom Price and Karen Handel are the weakest links.

• ByteMe says:

Ah, the litmus test of “conservative”. Let us know how well that works for your party.

• macho says:

What are you basing your “Price the weakest of the GA GOP” statement on?

If you go by the ACU, Deal I guess would be the weakest link, since he is ranked the most liberal of the GA GOP Congressmen, but all the GA GOP Congressmen are very Conservative.

If you go by the National Journal, where Price is ranked the 11th most Conservative member of the entire House of Representatives, only Broun is listed as more Conservative from Georgia.

And Sarah Palin, give me a break.

I’m starting to get the impression you’re really into rhetoric, but no so much into records.

• ByteMe says:

We knew that, but she probably didn’t care. The rhetoric she spouts has numbed her brain.

• TheEiger says:

Jane, You get another HAHA! You are wrong yet again. I don’t know what your beef with Tom Price is but you should grab a newspaper and read what Tom Price has done the past year in standing up to the Obama administration. Like was stated earlier, he chairs The Republican Study Committee which is the largest caucus of conservatives in the House. Go to you tube and just type Tom Price and please watch a few of his interviews and floor speeches.

22. GAPoliticsisfun says:

Price and Handel the weakest links? By what measure? That has to be the most absurd comment I have ever heard.

23. Doug Grammer says:

I don’t think that Congressman Price changing his endorsement is a game changer by itself. However, if even more Congressmen start to endorse others, that will definitely hurt Congressman Deal.

• Henry Waxman says:

We shall see. He still seems to be polling pretty well for a dead guy though…

“Congressman Nathan Deal shapes up for now as the strongest Republican vote-getter against likely Democratic nominee Roy Barnes in Georgia’s race for governor.” -Rasmussen Report, April 28, 2010.

• Henry Waxman says:

But to the real point of the discussion, if Congressman Deal was as “dead” as Icarus claims, then his poll numbers would almost certainly be dropping, not improving…

Rasmussen Reports, 4/28/10: “The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of likely voters in the state shows Deal with 46% support to Barnes 39%. A month ago, Deal was ahead 43% to 40%.”

46 > 43.

To the point about the primary, the last poll I saw had Congressman Deal tied (exact same percentage) with Secretary Handel, and both were making up significant ground on Commissioner Oxendine. So, if Congressman Deal is “dead,” wouldn’t someone with very similar (i.e., the same) polling numbers and trends also be “dead”?

Of course, this is all 7th inning baseball, and we’ll see how things turn out on 7/20 and 8/10.

24. Jane says:

Oh the Roar of the RINO’s, you moderates are the ones who got us into this mess in the first place. It is not that the Conservatives cut taxes too much, but that the Moderates were spending money like Democrats. Moderates like Bush who fiddled while Barney Frank was giving the banks the “What For” and regulated many of our banks out of business. Moderates like Saxby and Isakson who had the nerve to entertain the idea of Amnesty to illegal’s. Moderates like Gov Purdue who cut everything except for things that benefits himself like Roads to no where, Celebrations of Fish and tax breaks for his family. Yes, there are moderates in Georgia and they are not to be encouraged.

25. Ludwig Von Beachbum says:

Poster above cracked me up. She is most ethical because she resigned. LOL

She resigned to raise money. End of story.

26. GAPoliticsisfun says:

Deal resigned to duck a congressional ethics investigation, Johnson resigned to raise money.

27. Mayonnaise says:

Handel resigned so she could finish up her night classes. Let’s hope she graduates prior to becoming our governor.

• Lady Thinker says:

People attack those they fear and are jealous of because of feelings of inadequacies. Maybe you can explore Socrates’ statement that an unexamined life is not worth living to see why you are so determined to attack Karen and perpetuate a rumor that you are intent on spreading.

• Henry Waxman says:

People also find creative ways to point out that certain candidates do not match the standards they have for an elected position…

• Henry Waxman says:

LT, please don’t ever take any of my comments as having any malice towards you. I enjoy a debate with intelligent people.

• Lady Thinker says:

I don’t think that Henry because like you, I enjoy debating intelligent people, even if I disagree with them on some of the issues. I despise group think because it is dangerous, however, I don’t think opinions should be taken as facts. Sometimes you give me a run for the money and I respect that about you. And you do make excellent points that are worth thinking about.

• Mayonnaise says:

Hate = I don’t want a pro-choice, gay-pride pandering, chameleon as my next governor?

Handel supporters are taking a page out of Obama’s playbook. Claim that anyone who rejects your candidate is driven by hate.

Won’t work with Georgian conservatives.

Mayo,

I didn’t say hate, I haven’t said hate, I said fear and jealousy. Obama is a Democrat and Karen is a Republican, so that comment doesn’t compute.

From Karen’s website:

Karen is pro-life. As a matter of law she believes society may allow for exceptions in cases of rape, incest or when there is a real threat to the mother’s life.

Marriage is between a man and a woman only. To anyone who thinks otherwise, I say, “Bring it on.”

That link is:

• Mayonnaise says:

Been down this road before. Karen doesn’t get to choose when a life is a life. No one can look at an ultrasound and tell the difference between a baby that was conceived by two loving parents and one that was conceived by rape/incest. She would be 100% pro-choice if she was running in Maryland. She is phony and doesn’t believe in protecting life or traditional marriage.

• Lady Thinker says:

Karen has no responsibility for choosing who conceives out of love and who conceives out of rape/incest, nor does she need or want that responsibility.

I do not believe in abortion as a birth control means but I do believe a rape/incest victim should have to option to end the pregnancy especially when rape/incest victims are between the ages of 10 and 17.

These victims should not be forced by society to be an incubator for evidence of a crime that is born nine months later. Some victims choose to have the child, some don’t and those that don’t should have that option, which legally, they do.

Karen has said over and over what she supports but because of your attitude toward her, you choose to ignore what she says and put your own spin on what you think she believes or doesn’t believe. Would you be so critical if she were a man?

• Mayonnaise says:

Right. She believes that in certain cases women should have the right to choose to end the life of the baby. That is called pro-choice. She has a right to believe what she wants, just don’t hijack the term pro-life because she’s not. Hillary Handel wants it both ways.

• ByteMe says:

And the position you hold is called “pro-fetus/anti-woman”.

Feel better now that we have everything labeled? We need to get a virtual label maker in here for some people.

• Mayonnaise says:

I think that Hillary Handel should call herself pro-choice if she believes there are instances when a women should have a choice in terminating a baby’s life.

• Henry Waxman says:

So, Chris calls Congressman Deal an “unethical slimeball,” and you say nothing. However, Mayonnaise makes a joke about Secretary Handel taking night classes, and you chime with the claim that he is “full of hate.”

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn’t see Chris’s comment because, otherwise, I would think much less of you.

• John Konop says:

Henry Waxman,

In all due respect you have been very loyal to your candidate and have done a commendable job defending Deal in a tough ethical situation, yet Mayo just spews out hate and makes up issues with no facts.

I have never seen Chris make baseless personal gut level political attacks on made up issues. Mayo on the other hand never brings up any policy other than gut level BS! And you seem smart enough to see the difference as do most on the site.

And I will give you credit because I have seen you debate policy intelligently on this blog agree or not with you. Yet I have never seen Mayo do anything more than spew hate.

• Mayonnaise says:

“You should focus more on loving people and yourself and less on judging others in my opinion.”

• Lady Thinker says:

Why are you ignoring my question as to how you came up with the Hillary Handel term? Too embarrassed to answer?

28. ready2rumble says:

I just went back through this string and didn’t see Chris call Deal an “unethical slimeball”. I could have missed it. Deal isn’t an unethical slimball, he just used his position to make himself richer, while doing nothing for the 9th district.