Yesterday was the annual convention for the Libertarian Party of Georgia. This is where officers and the Executive Committee are selected by the body. Being an election year, we also went through the task of nominating our slate of candidates for November.
Here they are:
- US Senate: Chuck Donovan
- Governor: John Monds
- Lt. Governor: Rhonda Martini
- Attorney General: Don Smart
- Secretary of State: David Chastain
- School Superintendent: Kira Willis
- Insurance Commissioner: Shane Bruce
- Agriculture Commissioner: Kevin Cherry
- Labor Commissioner: William Costa
- PSC (2nd District): Jim Sendelbach
- HD-59: Brad Ploeger*
We also handed out two endorsements in special elections on May 11th.
David Montané will be running in SD-42, which was left vacant by the resignation of State Sen. David Adelman (D-Decatur). Adelman was selected by President Barack Obama to be the ambassador to Singapore.
The other endorsement was given to Brandon Givens, who is running in SD-49, the seat left vacant by the resignation of State Sen. Lee Hawkins (R-Gainesville). Hawkins entered the special election in Georgia’s Ninth Congressional District.
*petitioning requirement must be met