The End Is Near

Travis Fain from the Macon Telegraph/Macon.com brings word that the House and Senate have agreed to the end game for this session of the General Assembly, with Next Tuesday and Wednesday being days 37 and 38. The following week, Tuesday April 27 and Thursday April 29th will mark the end of this session.

The final two days will coincide with qualifying week, and will necessitate a move from the House & Senate chambers to Rooms 216 and 230 Monday through Thursday, with the chambers being used for the final qualifying day on Friday.

Only a few more shopping days left to buy your favorite legislator.

1. fishtail says:

What the heck is going on at Peachpundit Headquarters? Tons of action these last 3 days and all we get is Young College Republican meeting this weekend? (No offense Tyler). You guys are AWOL.

• ByteMe says:

Jeff has an interview with the Ray McBerry’s teen sweetheart over at SWGAPolitics. The AJC picked it up.

2. AubieTurtle says:

It looks like in addition to his equestrian center and Go Fish!, Sonny got the total elimination of state income tax on his retirement he’s been trying for most of his term in office.

Now that his Bonaire nest has been appropriately feathered for the rest of his life, maybe we’ll never have to hear from him again.

3. Bucky Plyler says:

Thread Jack Alert:

Is it not ironic that the Tea Party will have a rally & protest today at the stat Capitol…..and the session has been recessed by the leadership ?

• ByteMe says:

No, the ironic part is that they want lower taxes and yet there was a story out this morning that people are paying lower taxes this year because of tax cuts that were part of the stimulus package.

Grover Norquist, president of Americans for Tax Reform, said [his group] didn’t see any need to wait [until next year when taxes will go up for some] before protesting.

• Bucky Plyler says:

Byte.

I would think that the Rep. leadership would want to listen to any grass root effort (unless they are Gator Fans)….much less one that the leadership says they agree with in principle. It makes me wonder just how conservative they are.

Oh, by the way my taxes were not lower this year. I didn’t get “stimulated”.

• ByteMe says:

Bet your income was “up” then. Congrats!

If I were a rep or a rep leader, I definitely would want to listen to any “grassroots” effort if it was truly grassroots and not people stirred up by half-truths put out there by a lobbying organization fronting Koch Industries. Follow the money.

4. Bucky Plyler says:

Nope, income was not up. Do you actually know any people associated with the Tea Party movement? If not, take it up as a project & get to know one.

• ByteMe says:

An individual often doesn’t have any idea of the buttons being pushed to move them along in a particular direction once they get the idea in their head that they like the group of people they’re hanging around with. Do you know any people who are funding the Tea Party movement? Know where the money comes from for the big events in Washington and Atlanta with all those speakers?

Never stop asking questions unless you don’t want to know the answers.

• Bucky Plyler says:

Byte,

I’m conservative. You’re liberal. I could say the same thing about the people you hang around withour ever meeting you. We come from opposite directions in thought. (Yet, I wouldn’t mind meeting you. I actually know & love two Florida fans.)

I’ve read what you have to say about the Tea Party in general & specifics. Now, why don’t you meet some of them & hear what thy have to say? You’ll find that the “angry” people are regular folks who happen to care enough to get involved.

Oh, by the way..I have some friends who are D’s. I don’t agree with them about much, but we’re friends. AND PLEASE..don’t try to tell me you’re an Indepndent!

5. GOPGeorgia says:

I’ve been to some tea party meetings and most of them are locally organized and do not have deep pockets.