Georgia Conservative Leadership Academy This Saturday

Received via email:

Looking for a way to get involved and learn how to make a difference? Buy your tickets now for the Atlanta Young Republicans’ 6th Annual Georgia Conservative Leadership Academy (GCLA), being held this Saturday, April 17th from 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM (Registration is from 8:30 – 9). We are hosting this campaign and leadership training event in Room 341 of the State Capitol, located at 214 State Capitol, Atlanta, GA 30334.

We are now offering group pricing! 5 tickets for $125 or 10 tickets for $200. The cost for individuals is $25 for all dues-paid AYR members and $30 for all non-members. Admission will be $35 at the door for everyone. The price includes entry, materials, a Chick-fil-A breakfast, and a Williamson Bros. BBQ lunch. You may securely register online by visiting the “Membership Info” page of our website ( speakers this year will be experts from The Leadership Institute in Washington, DC. They will be teaching our participants on various topics including:

Utilizing Social Media
Recruiting/Maintaining Volunteers
Organizing Precincts

Whether you are running for office, want to train your staff, need help in your business, want to learn more about the grassroots process, or just want to get more involved, we have just what you need. For more information, please feel free to contact AYR VP of Political Affairs Chris Sanders at [email protected] or 404.798.5788.

1. gt7348b says:

Are they going to talk about transportation? I still can not believe that there has been no post today on the conference committee or implications of the removal of the MARTA 50/50 might have on the passage of a transportation bill anywhere on this entire blog. Do you really think even if a bill is passed that Fulton County won’t opt out without consideration of MARTA? And do you really think a referendum in metro Atlanta would pass without Fulton and DeKalb or would even be useful? I mean, geographically speaking, without Fulton – you have effectively cut off Cobb, Cherokee, and Douglas from the rest of the region as they are currently defined.

I realize I’m just a commentor, but I turn to this blog for information. For a blog that considers itself a pulse of Georgia politics, this is really revealing that there has been no discussion of this development today.

2. CSF says:

This is a great event. I have been attending GCLA since the beginning and I always learn something new. I hope many of you will consider attending this event. Whether you are Republican, Conservative, or Libertarian the best way to win elections is by knowing what you are doing. People assume, and assume incorrectly, that just because we are grassroots oriented and volunteer based that it means we can just go out and make a difference. Someone needs to know how to lead effectively use the time and hard work contributed by volunteers. I’m glad to see the Atlanta Young Republicans take the lead by training its members.

3. ctsand says:

This is a great event. I went to the one last year and learn a whole lot. The teachers from the Leadership Institute were great and it helped me with volunteering on campaigns. I suggest anyone to come to this because you will not walk away disappointed. For the low price, you get your money’s worth and a whole lot more.

• GOPGeorgia says:

Talmadge, you are making a habit about inquiring who is speaking at events. Would you like another rock to throw?

BTW, it’s a good event.

4. Nicole says:

I’ve been going to this event for years and every year I learn something new. I’m especially excited about new social networking techniques!

• JLLenny says:

This is my first GCLA event and I am extremely excited about the training on fundraising and motivating volunteers!

• Game Fan says:

Are you a sexy woman? 🙂 I could pursue this line of questioning further (about the new social networking techniques) however, this might cause the comment to veer toward the overly obnoxious and offensive. No offense. I just can’t resist sometimes. 🙂

• GOPGeorgia says:

If this is the same Nicole I think it is, she is a very attractive woman, but I have heard she is in a realtionship. I wish her happiness.

5. Allan Williamson says:

This will be my 4th year attending this event; it is always very informative and interesting. Hope to see you there!

6. Game Fan says:

Eh, well for the new reader Game Fan ain’t into all this “networking” or “hoping for a career in politics”, “events”, “leadership training”, “leading”, (which, when you combine “leadership” with “training” entails “being led”) ect… blwech. I mean, why associate with people who, if they ain’t crooks themselves, will probably glad hand one in a heart beat. If they don’t know someone who knows someone who’s doing something rotten, then, obviously they aren’t as well connected as they should be, apparently. Now Game Fan has the following proposition: How about really offending someone once in a while? IMHO real conservatism gets more bang for the buck by merely exposing the crooks and liars. Unless of course you think that big government liberalism is the natural outgrowth of honest politicians, which would mean that perhaps you’re not a real conservative after all.