Barrow Says He’s No Party Switcher

April 6, 2010 9:50 am

by Buzz Brockway · 16 comments

John Barrow says the rumor he might switch parties is not true. Via the Political Insider:

“I am not switching parties, nor have I ever given any indication that I would. There is no truth to this rumor,” Barrow said through his spokeswoman this morning.

Mayonnaise April 6, 2010 at 9:54 am

I think Carl can take him. Especially since Barrow has a serious challenge in the primary. Come on folks! Let’s get Carl some $$$.

fishtail April 6, 2010 at 10:35 am

He’s just more cannon fodder for Barrow. I doubt he’s able to raise the nesessary money for an effective campaign.

Romegaguy April 6, 2010 at 11:15 am

What do you mean he’s not switching? I read it on Peach Pundit so he has to be switching.

DMZDave April 6, 2010 at 11:41 am

Here’s the real deal, he’s switching parties, resigning from Congress now that the health care debate is over and running for governor as a Republican.

ByteMe April 6, 2010 at 11:43 am

I’ve seen that movie too.

Conservative Brawler April 6, 2010 at 11:47 am

I am shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

MikeCantone April 6, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Good, the Democratic Party doesn’t need the likes of John Barrow, Republicans can keep him…oh crap, wait a minute…

benevolus April 6, 2010 at 1:48 pm

As much as I disagree with Barrow’s positions on a lot of things, I do have to respect the fact that he keeps getting re-elected. In some version of reality that means he is probably representing his district reasonably well.

I disagree with Move-On’s effort to unseat him for the same reason I oppose term limits: If his district wants him, they should have him.

ChuckEaton April 6, 2010 at 2:25 pm

It’s the same conundrum faced in swing districts with a Republican incumbent; although, after the 2008 elections there are not many. (This should change during mid-term elections) If Soros takes out Barrow, and replaces him with a hardcore liberal, it makes the district more vunerable to a Republican win.

ByteMe April 6, 2010 at 2:28 pm

Some people here seem to think that it’s not about the voters in the district, it’s about the outsiders who will do the deed.

Sounds a bit like NY-23. How’d that go?

ChuckEaton April 6, 2010 at 3:04 pm

You’re right, in the end the voters in the district decide, and we should never forget that. But a six figure contribution, from a bunch of limousine liberals, to bash Barrow for voting against Obama’s healthcare, in a Democratic Primary, is going to have an effect.

NY-23 is one example, but there have been plenty of other recent local elections, that were nationalized and went the other way. I also wonder if NY-23 occurred closer to the healthcare vote, whether it would have gone GOP. Keep in mind, that district was won with a plurality. The problem is Dee Dee Scozzafava wasn’t even a moderate, and she was essentially appointed as the nominee. It will be interesting to see how it plays out this November; after a real primary and real general.

ByteMe April 6, 2010 at 3:13 pm

limousine liberals

Ever stop to think about how many conservatives have limousines?

ChuckEaton April 6, 2010 at 3:33 pm

Romegaguy April 6, 2010 at 4:30 pm

it worked out well for Erick’s endorsed candidate…

slyram April 6, 2010 at 4:28 pm

What about Lester Jackson? If a state legislator/dentist jumped into the race, things could get interesting. Mrs. Thomas is too liberal for a moderate district but Jackson could position himself closer to the middle and win the primary. With that in mind, we should start seriously looking at the GOP primary because the winner could have a Butler-Duke chance at being a MOC.

When I searched “Lester Jackson” I came across a 1940s Black actor who was born in Russia and later moved to the U.S. This Lester Jackson was a socialist and he disappeared after ticking off the government for years. If you find a socialist Lester Jackson online, he isn’t the same one serving under the Gold Dome.

Harry April 6, 2010 at 5:36 pm

Interesting.

Comments on this entry are closed.