Strong Support For Vote On Sunday Sales

Received via email. For more data on the poll visit www.politicalecalling.com.

A new InsiderAdvantage/RosettaStone poll conducted on 3/30/2010 of 281 likely Georgia voters reveals wide support for allowing counties to permit Sunday sales of alcoholic beverages at retail locations.

This survey question is different from the survey conducted in February, as it points out that restaurants and stadiums currently are allowed to serve alcoholic beverages on Sundays.

As expected, the highest level of support was among voters under 30. In that age range 94% of voters approve retail Sunday sales.

For full cross tabs on this survey, the previous survey on 2/10/2010 and others, please visit www.politicalecalling.com.

What would be your opinion be of allowing the counties to vote on whether they allow retail sales of alcoholic beverages on Sundays as restaurants and stadiums currently are allowed?

Favor – 80%%
Oppose – 15%
No Opinion – 5%

Rosetta Stone Communications was founded in 1997 by Steve Schultz and John Garst and specializes in county, legislative and municipal races.
Media contact – John Garst 404-819-3041

1. AubieTurtle says:

Allowing Sunday sales, even with the blessing of the vast majority of the electorate, violates Harry’s freedom to impose his religious beliefs on everyone else so it must never be allowed to pass.

2. Tiberius says:

Hey, Garst, can you do 159 separate polls for each county so we can actually see who is wet and who is dry. Just kidding. Who has the budget fort hat?

• Henry Waxman says:

This poll is obviously skewed since hung over people usually turn off the ringer on their phone.

• Kellie says:

Chris – obviously the poll was done during church on Sunday. That way the religious right was at church so they could not voice their opposition to the Sunday sales. 😉

• Henry Waxman says:

The only people who need Sunday sales are people who fail plan, and people who fail to plan, plan to fail.

• Or perhaps some of us plan our grocery shopping during the hours that the hypocrites are in church. It would be nice to pick up a bottle of wine to go with lunch while I’m there instead of making a separate trip. But of course you wouldn’t understand that.

• Henry Waxman says:

I currently live in Northern Virginia, where I can pick up a bottle of wine or Scotch seven days a week.

• Henry Waxman says:

However, my current stock could last for several months, and thus, my comments about failing to plan.

• Kellie says:

Sure you live in Northern Virginia and you just happen to be interested in GA politics. More than likely you live in North GA and you are on here to promote your candidate.

• Henry Waxman says:

I spent my first 25 years in Georgia, including college at UGA, but now I live and work in Arlington, Virginia.

• Henry Waxman says:

My 25 years in Georgia puts me ahead of at least one of the candidates for Governor. 😉

• Right. I’ve got a wine cooler that holds 48 bottles that’s mostly full and a stocked liquor bar as well. My point isn’t about failing to plan… it’s about choice. If I choose to add a couple of bottles of table wine to the wine cooler, why should I have to make a separate trip? Just because I keep bottles of Opus One and Schramsberg on hand doesn’t mean I want one of those with whatever we decide to cook on any given day. Just because I love Frog’s Leap doesn’t mean I always drink just that. Do you always drink the same wine all the time or do you sometimes pick up a random bottle and decide to give it a try? That’s what I’d like to be able to do while grocery shopping on Sunday mornings, but because of this stupid law I have to go back on a different day to pick it up.

• Henry Waxman says:

The “fail to plan” comment was a joke. We used to say it in college when someone would run out of beer during the NFL games on Sunday.

I would vote in favor of Sunday Sales.

3. Ludwig Von Beachbum says:

If I were a drunk like most of the guys that post material at PP, I would plan ahead on my drinking supplies. duh.

Geeez like we don’t have bigger things to worry about.

4. Goldwater Conservative says:

The question I then ask, will the ballot initiative in November state clearly that Sunday sales are already allowed in restaurants and stadiums?

I hate this state. Just pass the [email protected] law and tell the counties to deal with the increased sales tax revenue.

5. Ornery says:

Those that have been outside the south for any period of time can attest, having alcohol does not bring any effectual change in the quality of life or living by having access to booze on Sunday. A few years ago, I saw a very elderly woman drank an adult beverage on Sunday, as well as I bought some beverages. No change in behavior, religious beliefs or wanting to kill anyone’s mama. I can respect those that don’t want alcohol at all, but there are times places and reasons to be able to consume or purchase on Sunday. Let the PEOPLE decide or resign your post.