New Candidate for CD-9

It seems one candidate managed to sneak by the media and qualify for the Ninth District Special election to be held on May 11.

Received via email:

April 1, 2010 · ROCK SPRING,

On April1, 2010 Ninth District GOP Chairman, Doug Grammer, announced he would enter the race for the Ninth District seat vacated by Nathan Deal.

“I have lot’s of friends in this race, but I want the voters to have another choice.” Said Grammer in his announcement. “By my last count we are down to about 5 to 10 candidates. If I can get 10%, all things being equal, we could make the runoff.”

Grammer said he’s not running for himself, but to draw more attention the Ninth District GOP. “All of our candidates need to stay close to the platform unless their conscious tells them otherwise. I won’t be resigning as District Chairman. I think it gives me an advantage I need to keep. I plan to approach the state GOP Rules Committee to change the rules so I can run, win, and serve as Chairman. I think it’s would be neat to have the Congressman of the District to also be the Chairman. We will see if everyone agrees with that soon.”Grammer has asked all of the other candidates running for Congress to serve as his campaign committee.

“These guys know what it takes to campaign in North Georgia. I would be lucky to have their advice. I hope all of them will drop out and endorse me.” So far, no other candidates have replied.

The Ninth District, which includes the counties of Catoosa, Dade, Dawson, Fannin, Forsyth, Gilmer, Gordon, Hall, Lumpkin, Murray, Pickens, Union, Walker, Whitfield, and White, is the most conservative district in the state, and third most conservative in the nation.

Not paid for by any other candidate, candidate committee, federal pac, lobbyist, or mafia.

I approve of this message if everyone else approves.

1. VeryFast says:

He is not listed on the SoS web site as qualifying for the Special CD9 election, so what is he running for?

2. GOPGrassroots says:

I have confirmed that although this Mr. Grammer does not live in the district, he originally qualified to run in the 10th, is putting millions of dollars of his own money in the race, has purchased giant annoying billboards all over the district, and has hired long time democrat turned republican consultant Tom Perdue.

Oh wait, that’s Christopher Cates (R-Emory). lol.

Go Doug go!

• Gary Cooper says:

Tell me about it. There has to be about 50 signs just sitting by the road side within a 5 mile radius of my home in downtown Cumming.

3. apacheangel says:

I think I could get behind him — I like someone who will come out and say they want to change the rules just for their political purposes, rather than saying they will end corruption but then try to change the rules after they are elected. If we can’t have ethical leaders, let’s at least have honest, unethical ones.

🙂

• Tyler says:

Posted b/c we had no other April Fool’s. I had one much better than this but it was too late in the day. We’re all lazy on April Fool’s Day. Doug needs to photoshop the pics next time to get rid of “Paid for by Judy Grammer for Congress Committee”.

• GOPGeorgia says:

Way too many people fell for this one. Some just read the first sentence or two and moved on. I needed to leave as many hints as possble.