Your Evening Deal

March 30, 2010 21:56 pm

by Icarus · 212 comments

So by now, you’ve probably had a chance to read about Deal’s afternoon press conference. If not, check out Aaron Gould Sheinin’s version from the AJC. In it, we reveal that in addition to the previously mentioned enemies list of

1) George Soros
2) The Democratic Party Of Georgia
3) Sonny Perdue’s appointees
4) Republican Primary Opponants
5) The Lib’ral AJC

We now have more people to blame, including:

6) The media (broadening that net)
7) The GA Department Of Revenue
8) the staff of the Office of Congressional Ethics, and
9) Nancy Pelosi

Clearly, there are a lot of people out there who you wouldn’t think would be friends, but are working together to keep Nathan Deal away from the ballot against Roy Barnes. But it is not the Democrats wishing to keep Deal off the ballot against Barnes (or Baker, or…), it should be the Republicans.

After all, the Republicans already have their share of ethical baggage they’re going to have to carry down the campaign trail this year. Adding a candidate for Governor who resigned knowing that the OCE had recommended his ethics case go forward yet didn’t prep anyone, didn’t comment on this fact, until the Committee voted to make this public, puts too many straws on this weak animal’s back.

Deal compounds the issue by complaining that folks are rushing to judgment because the investigation is not complete. Yet there are two major reasons the investigation will never be complete:

1) Deal Quit, so the committee no longer has jurisdiction to continue, and;
2) Lt. Governor Casey Cagle refused to cooperate and maintains that his records are not subject to the OCE investigation.

It’s what we generally call a self-inflicted wound, and these kinds of wounds rarely elicit pity unpon the recipient. It becomes even worse when collateral damage is inflicted on the #2 guy on the ballot.

So, Deal has some choices to make. He says he’s going forward, and that certainly is his right. It serves only himself and his ego, but its his right to continue if he so chooses.

Were he open to other options, I’m sure he wouldn’t look here. So I’ll refer him to his second least likely place to seek advice, The Lib’ral AJC, and their excellent conservative columnist (who forever will now be thought of as a liberal weasal by Deal’s supporters) Kyle Wingfield. I encourage you to read his entire column here, but I’ll close with his final two paragraphs as sage advice and a great recommendation:

The Gainesville Times, Deal’s hometown paper, reports that the special election will cost as much as $240,000 for the 15 north Georgia counties in the Ninth Congressional District. (H/t: Peach Pundit.) At a time when every penny counts for local government budgets, that’s nothing to sneeze at. But it’s an amount which the Deal campaign could probably cover if it made the decision now to do so.

Such a choice would effectively signal the end of his gubernatorial campaign. But that end seems near anyway. Deal could spend his campaign chest trying to blame his accusers, or he could choose this more graceful way to exit Georgia’s political stage.

ByteMe March 30, 2010 at 10:00 pm

“Graceful”

Now there’s a word I don’t expect to apply to the outcome for this situation.

galiberal March 30, 2010 at 10:28 pm

We pressed him to release proof that he was eligible to run for governor… I wanna be added to the list of people who conspired to bring him down! Blame me, blame me!

LoyaltyIsMyHonor March 30, 2010 at 10:35 pm

I’m no Deal fan, but you Handelistas are really pushing this Deal “thing.” I’m sure if it were Handel, apologists would be all over these pages….

But, I’m looking forward to a very entertaining 4 years following the Nov elections….go OX ;)

Pine Knot March 30, 2010 at 11:10 pm

Good point.

Republican Lady March 30, 2010 at 11:56 pm

Haaaaa

apacheangel March 31, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Good point…because the Ox is so squeaky clean and free of any ethical questions…
<__>

LoyaltyIsMyHonor March 31, 2010 at 6:19 pm

Exactly, which is why it would be a very entertaining 4 years.

Doug Deal March 30, 2010 at 10:37 pm

He really needs to include

10) Nathan Deal and his predisposition to the shady and unwise.

polisavvy March 31, 2010 at 8:56 am

Classic comment. Good job, Doug Deal.

chefdavid March 30, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Let me clear things up because the end of the email I recieved told me to:

“Thank you for your continued support. Last year when I decided to run for Governor, I knew that it would be political hardball. After all, we are in a fight like we have never seen in our lifetime.

In addition, I also knew that Democrats would eagerly use such attacks to try to inflict as much political pain as possible – and they have. A George Soros funded attack organization immediately filed the false allegations as an ethics complaint. I have not been alone as a target for this group. They have filed such complaints against Sean Hannity, the Freedom Alliance (a group that works with Colonel Oliver North to provide help to the families of soldiers killed or injured) and many others that share our fight.

Immediately, I hired the best known lawyer in Georgia for fighting such attacks, Randy Evans, the counsel to former Speakers Newt Gingrich and Denny Hastert. He concluded that the allegations were meritless and that the OCE would not make a finding of any wrongdoing. He was right. But, he, and my advisers, also counseled that the easy and safest path was to simply step down last year and dodge some of those attacks. But, like my good friend, the late Congressman Charlie Norwood, I have never been much for shirking away from the right thing to do, even when it meant a fight. So we set out to gather information to refute the allegations including reports, affidavits, and documents. Importantly, I could have followed the path of most who considered the OCE to be out of control and rested on the proof.

But, I did more. I voluntarily appeared and answered all the questions that they had and offered to do more.

In the course of the matter, my advisers identified an administrative error. My accountants quickly acknowledged that it was their mistake and set out at my instructions to correct it. In addition, in consultation with the staff of the Committee on Standards, we filed amended financial disclosures to make clear that no violations had occurred. Indeed, as the documents released now confirm, I sought direction from the Committee early and often to make sure that I stayed within the boundaries of the rules.

After Senator Scott Brown’s election, it appeared that healthcare was dead for the year, and so I prepared to step down from Congress as originally planned. Then, it became clear that Congressional Democrats would bend and break the rules to bring it back up. My advisers again counseled me to stick with my initial resignation to simply avoid the issue. However, healthcare remained on the table.

After consultation with Governor Sonny Perdue, I decided to stay. My advisers told me that there would be a political price to pay for standing up and being counted on this important vote. Indeed, the Chairman of the Democratic Party of Georgia specifically wrote and demanded that action be taken. It became clear that indeed there would be a political price to pay. I accepted that and stayed and cast my vote against the flawed Obama healthcare law because it was that important.

Shortly thereafter, the OCE released its report. Contrary to the headlines of newspapers, the OCE did NOT find a violation. In fact, on pages 22 and 23 of the report (buried in the back in the Conclusion
Section), the OCE reported that it “does not take a position” on either my motives or the reports. It was clear that the overwhelming evidence proved that there was no violation and rather than simply let it go, the OCE chose to issue a report that references violations, but then concludes that it would not take a position.
Rather, they chose to inflict their political price by just releasing the report in violation of their own rules.

My expectation is that over the coming days, the propriety of the OCE’s conduct will be questioned, especially since it took no position in the report that there was a violation of the House Rules. The consensus is that it did.

But, that is not the issue. I did not violate the House Rules. I did stay and fight for what I believe in. It is the difference between those who talk the talk and those who walk the walk. I will continue our fight against those who believe they can intimidate us from doing the right thing. Together we will win this fight, start the process of repealing Obama’s healthcare legislation at the state level, and restore America to its great place as a leader of the world. Thank you for standing with me…….
….Signature

Will you stand with me? The reporting deadline for the first quarter is Wednesday. Will you make an online donation of $25, $50 or $100 right now by clicking here? ………
………………..

And will you help dispel the false rumors in the media, by sharing this e-mail with your friends by clicking below.”

apacheangel March 31, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Since no one has done it yet…

*insert snide comment about Deal just trying to get money…similar to the snide comments posted when McBerry responded to allegations that had been thrown at him*

ReaganRepublican March 30, 2010 at 10:49 pm

I have received many calls from people in our 9th district now more determined than ever to elect Nathan Deal as our next Governor. I read all 138 pages and do not see anything of substance. Icarus and the rest of the Peach IDIOTS are going to ensure a gigantic 9th district turn out guaranteeing victory for Nathan Deal. The crowd in Gainesville today was angry, pumped, and ready to get to work. We all expected Democrats to come up with all kinds of accusations due to Deal having the guts to carry out his constituents wishes in asking for a birth certificate, as well as the courage to stay on and vote on the health care vote. But who would think RINO vultures would swoop in trying to make their weak candidates relevant-shameful

Progressive Dem March 30, 2010 at 11:19 pm

“RINO vultures”

That’s rich. How many years ago did he switch from the Democratic Party?

ReaganRepublican March 30, 2010 at 11:53 pm

Most in north Georgia were conservative Dems. When he switched the joke in the Dem party was that they lost nothing as he voted more conservative than the republicans.
Deal has a history of doing what is right, not what is politically expedient. This gives phony pundits material, but in the end, doing the right thing always pays off.
No one knows their congressman better than his constituents in the 9th. He was famous here for coming home every weekend from DC to stay in touch with his constituents. He always made himself available and was easy to approach. He is a kind, honest, honorable man who always tells you where he stands, even if it is not what you want to hear. The same man you see on Sunday at church is the same man you see anywhere else. He has been married to the same women who he adores for over 40 years. People talk about serving their country; he actually served as a war time captain in the army. Icarus, how do you look at yourself in the mirror, so deceitful?

Republican Lady March 31, 2010 at 12:00 am

WHERE did he serve? Stateside? Vietnam? A Mercer college classroom? Where?

ReaganRepublican March 31, 2010 at 12:14 am

He was a JAG officer that served in the stateside in the army during the Vietnam war in the late 60’s. He proudly wore his ROTC uniform on the Mercer campus although it was not popular before going into fulltime service for three years. He was not drafted, he voluntarily decided to serve his country. Now that deserves respect, not the shameful lies being spread by the Handelitas lead by Icarus and his comrades.

Republican Lady March 31, 2010 at 12:22 am

Thanks.

polisavvy March 31, 2010 at 8:58 am

Well, there’s your answer. Stateside. Just as I suspected.

Icarus March 31, 2010 at 9:12 am

Serving is serving, and I really don’t think it helps the discussion to try to indicate otherwise.

polisavvy March 31, 2010 at 9:19 am

That is very true Icarus; however, we kept asking his greatest supporter yesterday about this and he/she apparently did not know. Our point was not to diminish that he served but that the supporter did not seem to have the answer. That’s all. I have a tremendous amount of respect and gratitude for all who serve or have served. I would just think that someone who was all over this site yesterday would have known such an important detail about their candidate.

Republican Lady March 31, 2010 at 9:22 am

Okay, you are right on this point, serving is serving and I guess all the soldiers can’t be in just one place.

SFrazier March 31, 2010 at 11:16 am

Shoot, I had the answer. I had to go to work. I am not like you all,
I am blessed to have a job and can only do this on occasions. Captain in the United States Army

polisavvy March 31, 2010 at 11:19 am

Wow! I certainly feel worthless to society because I don’t work. I guess the fact that I retired shouldn’t count, should it? Nice to pass judgment.

ByteMe March 31, 2010 at 11:49 am

It’s a “hearts and mind” thing.

Republican Lady March 31, 2010 at 8:35 pm

What makes you think we don’t have jobs? We are more experienced multi-taskers dealing in facts rather than emotion to make points without having to put down others in order to make ourselves feel important. But then, good behavior does come with maturity. What are you trying to say with your sentence fragment, “Captain in the United States Army” with no period. Are you saying you are a Captain in the United States Army?

Henry Waxman March 31, 2010 at 11:26 pm

You rarely get any say in where you are posted…

Republican Lady April 1, 2010 at 11:10 pm

Yeah, I know. If one could select a post, my nephew wouldn’t have selected Iraq three times.

KariDee April 4, 2010 at 10:42 pm

Der Republican Lady,
Since it seems so important to you, where is it that Karen Handel ever served??

IHOP, Wendy’s, The Waffle House, LongHorn???

KariDee April 4, 2010 at 10:42 pm

***Dear*** sorry, brain to keyboard malfunction.

Republican Lady April 4, 2010 at 11:10 pm

When you can legimately debate, I will debate. Your comment above is senseless and you know it. You are now on my ignore button.

benevolus March 31, 2010 at 7:47 am

“In his 4 years in the White House, President Carter worked to make the Federal Government more competent and compassionate and more responsive to the American people.”
Nathan Deal

macho March 31, 2010 at 8:35 am

“He was the first to switch in the 9th district. Today we are the 3rd most republican district in the nation with no elected Democrats. Now that is leadership.”

Sorry, you had plenty of real Republicans serving from the 9th, like David Ralston, before Nathan switched uniforms – right before the Allies showed up.

It’s kinda funny, when you think about it, Nathan running for Governor must have seemed like such a great idea when he was sitting around with Glenn Richardson a year ago. Now, with “salvagegate” and his main benefactors downfall, maybe leaving Congress wasn’t such a good idea.

ByteMe March 31, 2010 at 8:44 am

maybe leaving Congress wasn’t such a good idea

Especially since he needs a job now and hasn’t got a real good career path to fall back on.

SFrazier March 31, 2010 at 3:37 pm

David Ralston endorsed Nathan Deal.

ByteMe March 31, 2010 at 5:36 pm

No wonder his “ethics reform” really doesn’t do much.

David Staples March 31, 2010 at 11:34 am

“He has been married to the same women who he adores for over 40 years.”

How many women has he been married to? Are we talking Larry Flynt numbers here (5) or Mickey Rooney (8)? Come on now, do tell…

apacheangel March 31, 2010 at 5:45 pm

You know how they say “punctuation saves lives?” Proofreading saves lives too. :)

DMZDave March 31, 2010 at 11:06 pm

It is deceitful to call yourself a war time captain in the Army as the war time seems to imply you were in combat and associates oneself with the valor of those who really did go in harms way. That’s what combat vets refer to as “stolen valor.” It’s not a good thing. He certainly gets credit for serving but if he actually refers to his rear echelon service as “war time” service he loses the credit he earned.

What I do find intriguing is you go by the name “Reagan Republican” but don’t seem to mind that after 8 years of Ronald Reagan, Nathan Deal thought what the nation really needed was the leadership of a Democrat like Walter Mondale. I mean if he didn’t switch parties after Reagan was president, what the heck was he waiting for? Switching many years later when your district is voting Republican is followership not leadership. It’s running to the front of the parade and pretending you are leading.

Republican Lady April 1, 2010 at 11:16 pm

Thank-you! Thank-you! Thank-you! Great Post!

While any type of military service is very honorable, don’t embellish in order to use “stolen valor” for personal gain, which is what the Deal posters are doing.

GOPGeorgia March 31, 2010 at 12:46 am

He switched parties in 1994.

benevolus March 31, 2010 at 8:50 am

The ‘Abraham Lincoln Effect’ took 140 years to wear off.

Republican Lady April 3, 2010 at 11:40 pm

What is the effect you are talking about? I haven’t hear it put that way before and I am curious.

John Konop March 31, 2010 at 7:00 am

ReaganRepublican,

With all the problems we are facing God help us if this scandal is what fired up anyone other than staff and family to support Deal and get involved in the election.

ReaganRepublican March 31, 2010 at 8:00 am

Oh John, you are just upset because Tom Price and half of Cherokee elected officials have endorsed him. Our grass roots team made up of volunteers like myself is the largest in the county. You never got over the whipping Price gave you when you ran for congress? Beat the stew out of you even in the precinct where you live. Team Deal in Cherokee will deliver.

John Konop March 31, 2010 at 5:45 pm

RR,

I never got over the out of control debt you left for all of us!

You guys called me ‘chicken little” for warning about the debt but if you look in the mirror you will see the real looser. We need more people on both sides to realize winning an election is about our country and not personal gain!

The irony is this thread being about you defending Deal who took personal gain offer what is best for the country.

The irony how you cannot even defend the voting record of the guy you support.

old political pro March 30, 2010 at 11:25 pm

OK, the 15th post bashing on Deal. Today.

Right about now, i’m expecting the next Doug MacGinnitie has won every straw poll since 1988 and has surged to 3% in the polls post. Followed by a Austin Scott just might sneak up on everyone post.

And the same rants by the same 12 people to follow.

It’s soon to be Wednesday. Timing is just about right.

ReaganRepublican March 30, 2010 at 11:32 pm

Handelitas, I like that, very nice.

LoyaltyIsMyHonor March 31, 2010 at 9:26 am

Thanks…I like “RINO Vultures” too :)

Good name for a band.

chefdavid March 30, 2010 at 11:50 pm

I am suprised the response did not spin it, that it all had to do about JOBS and that all we need to concentrate on is, JOBS, not some silly report. I mean we haven’t even heard anything about this report being typical Chicago politics yet. That would be the only words needed to be dropped in and that would have satisfied most. We shall see.

Henry Waxman March 31, 2010 at 12:10 am

I hope we get 10 more Nathan Deal posts tomorrow.

Henry Waxman March 31, 2010 at 12:13 am

And they say Republicans don’t like recycling…

ReaganRepublican March 31, 2010 at 12:42 am

Handelitas are RINOS, not real republicans. They not only believe in recycling, but also in the past have supported abortion and gay unions.

John Konop March 31, 2010 at 7:13 am

ReaganRepublican,

The economy is in the tank, state pensions are underfunded, transportation is a mess, we 48 out of 50 in school performance……..and you are focused on GAY UNIONS?

That is a perversion or priorities! One of the reasons we are in this finical mess is too many on both sides would rather fire up the base on gut issues instead of focusing on fiscal conservative issues.

You can pretend to be whatever you want to be, but at the end of the day you supported the out of control spending during the Bush years. And Nathan Deal did vote for Medicare part D, Farm bill, Highway bill, No Child Left Behind………..

I would suggest you take a long look in the mirror before attacking anyone.

John Konop March 31, 2010 at 7:15 am

sorry,

….we are 48 out of 50 in school performance…

….That is a perversion of priorities!….

Republican Lady March 31, 2010 at 9:11 am

Good post John! While it is great that Deal served his country, stateside as we finally found out, being a veteran is not a pass for future shady activities. There are six separate issues in the 138 pages but I don’t see the Deal camp talking about those.

Their stragey of attacking “Handelitas” not “Oxitas” or “Scottitas” shows that Deal must consider Karen the greatest threat among the Republican candidates, not Ox, whom some think has the most support, but Karen. Kinda telling on so many levels.

Well Deal, I have a message for you on behalf of us Karen supporters! BRING. IT. ON!

SFrazier March 31, 2010 at 11:24 am

No shady business took place. That is very clear, except of coarse if you have an agenda and are afraid of Deal because he is the only candidate in this race of that is a sure thing for the GOP in November. He is the only candidate smart enough to fix the serious problems our state is going to face. no one has more experince in Healthcare, water, transportation, and the next big issue Obama is going to bring down the pipe— IMMIGRATION

polisavvy March 31, 2010 at 11:31 am

“He is the only candidate smart enough to fix the serious problems our state is going to face.” Really? The only candidate smart enough? My question for you is this: Is he truly ethical enough?

SFrazier March 31, 2010 at 11:46 am

I am yet to see a Karen supporter in Middle Ga. Do any exist? Seriously..

Doug Deal March 31, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Erick Erickson, Me and at least 6 other grassroots activists that I know of.

Of course the truth is of little concern to you Raw Deal Birthers.

SFrazier March 31, 2010 at 5:55 pm

Common Doug, you are worth about 4 votes. Aren’t you the one running Paul Rish’s campaign, or supporting him or something? Eric is worth -450. The two former huck supporters you have on loan only know insiders and will not get out and work. The church vote decides Middle Georgia, do you really thing Midle Ga Christians will vote for Karen. Common man, you can CAN NOT be serious.

Doug Deal March 31, 2010 at 7:07 pm

If I was running anyone’s campaign, they would be a non stop, runaway, mandate having second place finisher. Assuming 2 people are running.

benevolus March 31, 2010 at 7:13 pm

+60.

Doug Deal March 31, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Now Deal supporter? I have not once seen that bird in Bibb, Monroe, Houston, Crawford, Peach, or Jones counties.

ReaganRepublican March 31, 2010 at 8:04 pm

Are you kidding Doug? The same grass roots team that won Middle Ga big for the Huck are fired up for Deal. Former Christian coalition chairman Dave Johnstone and his army is organizing the vote down there. He carried Bibb, Jones and Monroe big for Cagle and Huck. Sherriff Talton, Frazier, and to many to mention have Peach and Houston, and former congressman Mac Collins has Spalding, Lamar, and Butts county. Middle Ga is in good capable hands. You will see the votes come July, Nathan Deal may win it bigger than Huck.

Doug Deal March 31, 2010 at 11:42 pm

I have not seen any. Lots of Oxendine, Handel, Scott, a few Johnson and McBerry, maybe one Deal. The only Deal supporters I have ever seen in Bibb were out of town paid guys looking for locals.

Romegaguy March 31, 2010 at 8:34 pm

I’m yet to see a copy of Deal’s birth certificate

Republican Lady April 1, 2010 at 10:31 pm

How often are you in Middle Georgia?

KariDee March 31, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Oh, Republican Lady, BRING IT WE WILL.

benevolus March 31, 2010 at 7:14 pm

GIRL FIGHT!!

Republican Lady April 1, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Benevolous,

You are far more intelligent than your shallow comment suggest, aren’t you? At least I thought you were.

It’s great to be a cheerleader for your candidate and it can be a great deal of fun, however, what has been coming from the Deal camp are not professionals cheering for Deal but apparently young people using a battering ram against anyone who won’t accept their statements without question.

If these Deal posters are the best he has, they will help him shoot himself in his foot just as much as his failure to answer the report questions has thus far.

KariDee April 2, 2010 at 5:39 pm

Dear Republican Lady,

I like your logic.
Nathan has said he has done nothing wrong. So move on.

Republican Lady April 2, 2010 at 10:14 pm

KariDee April 4, 2010 at 10:36 pm

Ummmmmmm, did you miss the press conference??? Have you read the 138 page document?? It reads to be a lot of maybe, possibly, and could have. And again, Nathan denies ANY wrong doing. The only thing that did happen was an ACCOUNTING ERROR (again as stated by Mr. Deal.) I just don’t get you people. After 30 years of public service, 20 of which he was a partner in this other business, his ethics are questioned NOW?? Sounds like a political witch-hunt to me as well, Mr. Deal.

Republican Lady April 4, 2010 at 11:14 pm

I only debate professionals, not amateurs.

Romegaguy April 5, 2010 at 8:58 am

did you really think he is going to admit to the wrong doing? Really?

ByteMe April 5, 2010 at 8:59 am

I only do not expect it, but I also expect that his sock puppets and enablers will claim he’s an upstanding moral citizen and this is a lib’ral witch hunt.

But actually refute the charges of not being an ethical politician? Never!

GOPGeorgia April 5, 2010 at 5:05 pm

“Nathan refuses to admit or explain his wrongs as detailed in the 138 page report so not moving on, just making sure he doesn’t get elected.”

Instead of me answering that, I will let Congressman Deal.

KariDee April 5, 2010 at 9:09 pm

Thank you GOPGeorgia.

ReaganRepublican March 31, 2010 at 8:10 pm

My money is on Kari

Republican Lady March 31, 2010 at 8:44 pm

Awesome!!! Now you can see what a real winner looks like!

Republican Lady March 31, 2010 at 9:09 pm

Also, you can take some points from us grassroots Karen supporters on how to run a professional campaign based on facts and intelligence.

KariDee March 31, 2010 at 10:59 pm

Intelligence……questionable!*** Let me see her diploma.

GOPGeorgia March 31, 2010 at 11:08 pm

Kari,

That was mean. She is smart enough to be a contender for Governor, regardless of pieces of paper that are supposed to signify anything. I don’t question her intelligence. She’s smart.

Doug Deal April 1, 2010 at 9:47 am

This comes from a supporter of a corrupt birther. You have no grounds to question anyone’s intelligence.

KariDee April 1, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Ok, ok…….she is smart enough to find some suckers to support her anyway…….

Republican Lady April 1, 2010 at 10:45 pm

If you are asking Karen to show her diploma, then you will have to ask Deal to show his birth certificate and proof of military service.

Karen has said she a diploma so therefore, she has one. Move on.

KariDee April 5, 2010 at 4:11 pm

At least he legitimately has the

KariDee April 5, 2010 at 4:11 pm

At least he legitimately has the

AubieTurtle March 31, 2010 at 8:33 am

That’s right! The GOP needs to concentrate on purging the squishy middle from the party. Only those who are absolutely ideologically pure should remain. Expelling members who are not far enough right is the only way to get enough voters to win elections.

LoyaltyIsMyHonor March 31, 2010 at 9:27 am

It’s Handelistas…not Handelitas….

Republican Lady March 31, 2010 at 9:39 am

I’ve seen it both ways so I did the copy and paste from Regan Republican. Maybe you two can get together and decide which spelling you are going to use when attacking Karen.

LoyaltyIsMyHonor March 31, 2010 at 10:37 am

I’m actually attacking the blind faith of her supporters, not Karen specifically :)

ByteMe March 31, 2010 at 10:43 am

Blind faith is a recurring theme around these parts.

B Balz March 31, 2010 at 11:05 am

Like a rhinestone RINO
Riding out on a horse in a star-spangled rodeo
Like a rhinestone RINO
Getting cards and letters from people I don’t even know
And offers comin’ over the phone

Well, I really don’t mind the rain
And a smile can hide all the pain
But you’re down when you’re ridin’ the MARTA train that’s takin’ the long way
And I dream of the things I’ll do
With a MARTA token and a dollar tucked inside my shoe
There’ll be a load of compromisin’
On the road to my horizon
But I’m gonna be where the lights are shinin’ on me

Apologies to Glen Campbell

polisavvy March 31, 2010 at 11:33 am

That was extremely funny, B Balz! :)

ByteMe March 31, 2010 at 11:49 am

Glen should sue. :)

LoyaltyIsMyHonor March 31, 2010 at 12:35 pm

He’s rolling in his grave.

polisavvy March 31, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Lord, I hope not — I think he’s still alive!

LoyaltyIsMyHonor March 31, 2010 at 1:44 pm

He won’t be living much longer after he reads B Balz’s lyrics.

apacheangel March 31, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Certainly true on the compromisin part…

ReaganRepublican March 31, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Sorry , I got the Castro form of commies confused with the Nicaraguans. Handelistas, very, very nice.

ReaganRepublican March 31, 2010 at 8:06 am

This is exactly why we need someone of Nathan Deals inteligence and experience to lead us out. Social and economical issues go hand in hand, you just don’t get it, and the voters of Cherokee saw that in you. Nathans wife of over 40 years and his mother were school teachers, he understands the problems of our public school system.

ByteMe March 31, 2010 at 8:09 am

Social and economical issues go hand in hand

Ok, I’ll bite. Please explain the “hand in hand” relationship between, say, gay marriage and recessions. Try to do it without mentioning any particular candidate, since this is about that relationship you are claiming and not any particular candidate.

AubieTurtle March 31, 2010 at 8:37 am

Clinton passed the Community Redecoration and Fabulous Design Act which required Alan Greenspan to spend all of the fed’s money on new curtains and leather chaps. As money was sucked out of the rest of the economy for these activities, Real Americans lost their jobs and we’re stuck with houses they bought after watching ‘Flip This House’. So they weren’t able to get rich quickly like they had been promised… but their flip houses sure did look pretty!

ReaganRepublican March 31, 2010 at 8:51 am

It is a proven fact that people that grow up with a father and a mother have a much better chance of not being a burden on society. What people break laws and go to jail or spray paint walls, etc? Tax payer money has to pay for the courts, added police, paint, labor, etc. This a major reason why taxes are low in Forsyth, Cherokee and others like it. Yet extremely high in Fulton.

John Konop March 31, 2010 at 9:02 am

ReaganRepublican,

If I follow your logic you would be for Gay Unions.

ReaganRepublican March 31, 2010 at 9:03 am

What bout father and mother don’t you get. Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

John Konop March 31, 2010 at 9:13 am

RR,

ReaganRepublican,

The truth is kids raised by two gay people do better than a single parent home.

….Children raised by same-sex couples appear to do as well as those raised by parents of both sexes, suggests an international research review that challenges the long-ingrained belief that children need male and female parents for healthy adjustment.
“It’s more about the quality of the parenting than the gender of the parents,” says Judith Stacey of New York University, co-author of the comprehensive review. It will be published Friday in the Journal of Marriage and Family.

ByteMe March 31, 2010 at 9:15 am

I’m sure there’s also a study that shows that parents with money turn out better kids on average than parents without money. So following the underlying “logic”, we should only vote for candidates who want to prevent poor people from getting pregnant.

B Balz March 31, 2010 at 11:07 am

Kids with smart parents are better student, that is a proven fact.

benevolus March 31, 2010 at 9:03 am

What, Forsyth County has a law requiring women who have kids to be in a heterosexual relationship? What happens to the kids up there who are born out of wedlock? Do you kill them? Or give them a bus ticket to Atlanta?

B Balz March 31, 2010 at 11:08 am

SEE ABOVE: MARTA token and a dollar tucked in their shoe…

ByteMe March 31, 2010 at 9:13 am

So are you saying that recessions are caused by one-parent families? Or are you saying that the majority of kids born of one-parent families are going to be criminals? Or are you saying that if we just did away with one-parent families, the courts and police would have less work?

You ever read “Freakonomics”? The economist who wrote it looked at why crime stats started to fall dramatically starting in the early 1990’s and concluded that the only reasonable explanation for it was… abortion on demand, which started about 18 years earlier. So based on your economics logic, you should be all for abortion on demand.

And what does that have to do with recessions?

John Konop March 31, 2010 at 9:46 am

Byteme,

I wrote this about year ago you might find it interesting. BTW this happen in Cherokee county.

Lunch With Former Republicans

I recently had lunch with two friends who are life long Republicans. They said they’ve had it with the party for encouraging crack whores and welfare moms to have babies at their expense (thorough strident pro-life politics).

They also complained that, given that a majority of the money spent on healthcare is expended during the last part of a person’s life, all the GOP is doing by opposing euthanasia is spending even more of their money.

One said, “Do you really think Jesus would want millions of dollars spent on a few weeks of person’s life instead of being used to provide healthcare for a person with a real future?” The other told me it may be for the wrong reason, but at least Pelosi does not want to expand the two biggest parts of entitlement costs: welfare moms’ kids and healthcare for dying people.

Finally, they were both angry about the party’s unrealistic approach to sex and refusal to promote contraception. They said it was just another money drain that ends up at their door step. One said, “Only a crazy person would proudly parade a recent teenage mother around as an example why teenagers should not have sex!”

I was blown away be the anger and frustration these two friends have toward the party. The GOP needs to examine this anger on the part of many fiscal conservatives. If the party cannot find a happy medium on social issues, I do think it will hurt it on a national level. On a personal level, my family is on the socially conservative side, but transferring this into a federal policy may not be the best way to win hearts.

SFrazier March 31, 2010 at 11:35 am

Republicans like you is how we lost our way John. Do us all a favor and join the Democrats.

ByteMe March 31, 2010 at 11:51 am

Lost your way to what, exactly? Being the majority party — which requires capturing the “muddy middle” — or just being a bunch of marginal regional misfits?

John Konop March 31, 2010 at 8:39 pm

SF,

Because of republicans like you I tell people I am independent ie part of the fastest growing group!

Henry Waxman April 4, 2010 at 10:58 pm

Yeah, who doesn’t like being independent?

ReaganRepublican March 31, 2010 at 8:21 pm

I do not believe in pre marital sex. Married couple’s kids have an extraordinary higher chance of being productive members of society. It is what it is, family values, the cornerstone of good GOP policies.

John Konop March 31, 2010 at 8:34 pm

What is your solution throw everyone in jail who ever had pre-marital sex?

Henry Waxman April 4, 2010 at 12:58 am

If we did that, ByteMe wouldn’t have anyone to argue with here on PP.

Henry Waxman April 4, 2010 at 12:59 am

J/K

ByteMe April 4, 2010 at 6:35 am

Hmmm…. looks like I’ve got someone thinking about my sexuality. Scary.

Henry Waxman April 4, 2010 at 10:59 pm

;-)

SFrazier March 31, 2010 at 11:33 am

Very true RR. An example here in Middle ga is Bibb county compared to Monroe county.

Republican Lady March 31, 2010 at 8:48 pm

Hm, if that is true, what happened to Al Gore’s son, the adult son constantly in and out of jail for drug and alcohol abuse? Normally, I don’t mentioned kids but this “kid” is thirty something. How does your proven fact explain this situation?

Republican Lady March 31, 2010 at 9:11 pm

I’ll wait while you find a script answer.

ReaganRepublican March 31, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Liberal “lack of values” are not GOP Christian family values. But to be fair, anyone can have a bad kid, look at Reagan Jr, a disaster. Statistically, the chances are significantly lower when kids are raised by two church going parents .

John Konop March 31, 2010 at 10:02 pm

RR,

Do you have any proof that Christian children raised in a two parent home perform any better than Muslim, Jewish, Hindu…… We already know gay parents perform as well.

inlimine March 31, 2010 at 8:21 am

Is it okay for Randy Evans to represent candidates on ethical matters related to elected office since he sits (or usually stands and directs) the State Election Board? I know Deal was a federal legislator and the SEB is state, but it just seems odd. I’m sure Evans would recuse if anything came before the SEB on Deal, but would his influence and position not be a factor in the equation?

MayberryJD April 1, 2010 at 12:09 am

No conflict. Check with the state bar.

macho March 31, 2010 at 8:29 am

What was it that got Nathan into the business? Was it all those years of watching Sanford and Son.

macho March 31, 2010 at 8:37 am

I wonder when Nathan and Hillary were hanging out at some spot Democrats hang out at, if they ever compared notes on her great affinity for cattle trading versus his amazing success in the salvage business.

ReaganRepublican March 31, 2010 at 8:56 am

Bill Clinton was the reason Nathan became a republican. When Nathan was a Democrat he voted more conservatively than the majority of republicans. We all know that in North Georgia

John Konop March 31, 2010 at 9:08 am

ReaganRepublican,

DEAL VOTING RECORD:

Please help us understand why you think Medicare part D that will Bk country is conservative? Why do you think the failed unfunded mandates from No Child Left Behind are conservative? Why do think the Highway bill with bridges to nowhere is conservative? Why do you think the lobbyist payoff ENERGY and HIGHWAY bill is conservative?

I have more but please just start here, because this alone is enough irresponsible voting for a lifetime!

SFrazier March 31, 2010 at 11:29 am

For the past decade Nathan Deal has consistently been ranked in the top 10 most conservative congressman in Washington. He is the most conservative in the very conservative Georgia GOP delegation in the house. You can pick a vote here and there and crucify anyone. But at the end of the day, he is the most conservative politician in Georgia. So this holds no water JK.

rawdeal March 31, 2010 at 5:35 pm

Please provide documentation that supports this statement.

When I see someone make a statement like this, and when I think about the Conservative Congressmen we have, like Westmoreland, it makes me want to check some facts.

According to the ACU, a very well respected organization within Conservative circles, Deal’s lifetime rating makes him the most liberal of the Georgia GOP delegation in the House.

Thanks to you, I now know Deal is the most liberal member of the GA GOP House Delegation. With friends like you, Deal doesn’t need any enemies.

GOPGeorgia March 31, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Rawdeal,

I’m getting a little dizzy from your spin. According to the link you provided, in 2008 and in 2009 Deal, Price, Broun, Westmoreland, and Linder all had 100% ratings with the ACU. I would say I’m happy with a GOP delegation who all got 90% or higher for their lifetime rating. Being fair, it looks as if Deal missed 2 votes out of 25, but we can’t tell what they are from this chart. You can say he wasn’t there for those two votes, but it looks as if he has never voted against the ACU’s interests. There are probably other organizations who would score Deal as the most conservative.

Liberal is one charge that won’t stick.

Henry Waxman April 4, 2010 at 11:02 pm

Yeah, if Deal is a Lefty, then why did the Georgia Republican members of Congress elect him the leader of their caucus last Congress???

John Konop March 31, 2010 at 8:39 pm

SF,

Why not defend the votes I brought up?

Republican Lady March 31, 2010 at 8:50 pm

SF and the other Deal supporters only answer questions for which they have been given a script. You probably won’t get an answer to this one.

ReaganRepublican March 31, 2010 at 9:09 pm

The American Conservative Union named Nathan Deal “A Defender of Liberty,” their highest legislative honor. Nathan has a lifetime “A” rating from the National Rifle Association. He consistently earns the highest marks from immigration reform groups. These groups have all learned what Georgians have known for a long time; Nathan Deal is as conservative as they come. He champions tax cuts and limited government and he advocates free-market solutions, not government takeovers or bailouts. He’s a passionate, consistent defender of innocent, unborn life. Nathan fights for the values he learned from his parents, his community, and his church. As our next Governor, he’ll promote those same values and leadership. And he’ll make us proud.

ByteMe March 31, 2010 at 9:13 pm

You forgot to include “ethically challenged”.

Republican Lady March 31, 2010 at 9:16 pm

Good one!

benevolus April 1, 2010 at 9:42 am

Or “ethnically challenged” for that matter.

Henry Waxman April 4, 2010 at 11:04 pm

He isn’t very ethnic. You have a point.

John Konop March 31, 2010 at 9:35 pm

RR,

Please help us understand why you think the below votes are conservative by Deal?

Medicare part D, Farm bill, Highway bill, No Child Left Behind?

I have more but please start here.

ReaganRepublican March 31, 2010 at 10:05 pm

I do not agree with all his votes, hindsight is 20/20. I do not think he would vote that way again knowing what we all know today. No candidate is perfect, but he has been a darn good congressman 99% of the time. Yes, he has cast votes I do not agree with. But at the end of the day I agree with him 99% of the time, and that is much higher than I agree with anyone else in this race. I probably agree with him more than Huck, and you know I would die for the Huck. The only perfect human died on a cross 2000 years ago. Deal is a honest good man possessing the right experience, smarts, and Godly heart to help our state in this great time of need. I have spoken to many people who have worked for or know Nathan well. They all love him for his decency. I have also spoken to people that have worked for the other candidates, and the results were not the same. What you see is what you get with Nathan. Very unusual for a politician, and this is why many like me will give up a lot of our personal time, put our reputations on the line, and give our hard earned money to get him into office.

John Konop March 31, 2010 at 10:22 pm

YOU SAID:

…hindsight is 20/20….

WOW:

I must be a genius for figuring out that passing a Medicare bill with no money to pay for it would alone BK our country. I guess I was the only one who knew that we had an aging population. WOW that was big secrete I guess Nathan Deal did not know.

I must be a genius to figure out building bridges to nowhere on tax payers money was a bad idea and irresponsible ie Highway Bill

I must be a genius to figure out giving money to the oil companies who make money off not solving the problem was a bad idea ie Energy Bill

I must be a genius to figure out a massive unfunded one size fit all mandate forcing every kid on a college track would be a failure ie No Child Left Behind.

I must be a genius to figure out lending money to people who cannot afford the payment via government guarantees would leave tax payers holding the bag.

I could go on and on. As I said you attacking me on what I ran on is joke! If your nose was not so far up….and you were listening instead of playing politics you could have been part of the solution instead of the problem.

Facts and issues matter!

ReaganRepublican March 31, 2010 at 11:08 pm

You are a genius John…..

GOPGeorgia April 1, 2010 at 8:33 pm

April Fools!

John Konop April 2, 2010 at 8:03 am

GOP,

I think the economy got the April fools day joke sadly! But hey, you only care about the politics not real issues.

GOPGeorgia April 2, 2010 at 4:39 pm

J.K.

You wouldn’t know what I cared about if it were a shovel smacking you upside the head.

macho March 31, 2010 at 10:12 pm

The problem is SFrazier said, “For the past decade Nathan Deal has consistently been ranked in the top 10 most conservative congressman in Washington,” but the ACU says out of 7 Republican GOP Congressmen, Nathan Deal isn’t even in the top 6. The ACU says he’s the most Liberal of the Georgia GOP Congressmen. I’d just like SFrazier to provide some kind of evidence to back up what appears to be an outlandish statement,

ReaganRepublican March 31, 2010 at 10:18 pm

I will shake him up for you.

AlanR April 1, 2010 at 12:04 am

Explain why the ratings of every conservative organization that rate Deal highly are not good enough for you.

The ACU is wrong about Deal? They took the defender of liberty award back?

macho April 1, 2010 at 7:24 am

The ACU has Deal ranked as Georgia’s most liberal member of the House GOP delegation. Here is the link: http://67.20.95.56/ratings/ratingsarchive/2009/2009%20Combined%20Ratings.html#GA

Show me one, just one, legitimate conservative organization that has ranked Deal in the top 10 of the entire country. SFRazier said, “For the past decade Nathan Deal has consistently been ranked in the top 10 most conservative congressman in Washington.” That statement implies multiple organizations for multiple years, so it shouldn’t be hard to find one; unless SFrazier was lying.

macho April 1, 2010 at 7:59 am

You have to realize that when Nathan wins national “Freedom Fighter” and “Conservative” awards, he’s being compared to Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank and Sheila Jackson Lee. But Georgia is very conservative, so it’s a whole different pool of people.

When an outlandish statement is made like, “He is the most conservative in the very conservative Georgia GOP delegation in the house.” It makes people like me question it. Right away I start thinking, “Some go along get along, former Democrat like Deal is going to have a more conservative record than Westmoreland or Price?”

When I went to check the list, I thought Deal might have a chance of beating out a Kingston or a Gingrey, so I was a little surprised that Deal is the most liberal of the GOP delegation. The fact is GA is very conservative, so it’s a really high standard to be the most conservative. The question is, do we want the most liberal member of the GOP House delegation as Governor?

macho April 1, 2010 at 7:59 am

John Konop April 2, 2010 at 9:11 am

Why do any of the rankings matter? How did we get so far in debt if they were legit?

ByteMe April 4, 2010 at 6:37 am

The rankings help with “confirmation bias” for those unwilling to think outside their box.

Republican Lady April 2, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Why haven’t you guys answered John Konop’s questions listed above? Maybe because you don’t know the answers? Is because you don’t want to admit you are backing a losing candidate as many posters here have pointed out?

GOPGeorgia April 3, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Maybe I don’t answer JK’s questions because he can’t admit when he’s wrong like when he said Ben Roethlisberger admitted to attacking a woman. He tells bold face lies, (case in point) and then won’t admit when he’s wrong. If he won’t admit is wrong on facts, how could anyone sway an opinion? I don’t have any interest in debating anyone who won’t admit when they have made a mistake. I just assume I am included in the “You guys” reference.

You don’t know who I am backing. I have stood up for Ox, Deal, Handle, and I think even Johnson. I don’t defend all of the all of the time, only when I think the are being unfairly attacked. Deal has received most of that lastly, but I spoke out to someone accusing Karen of not being smart in this past week as well. When Deal said “ghetto grandmothers,” I don’t agree and wish he hadn’t done so. The howls about the ethics report are people with agendas trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Republican Lady April 3, 2010 at 9:29 pm

I’m sorry GOPGeorgia, that was not for you but it was for ReganRepublican and SFrazier. I hit the reply under RR but if fell so far down that it is out of sequence.

GOPGeorgia April 3, 2010 at 11:03 pm

No problem, not offended, just stating my case.

Republican Lady April 3, 2010 at 11:30 pm

You are very good at defending candidates when people say emotional things with no factual basis like Kari did about Karen’s smarts. I admire you for that because I think you try to come across as the voice of reason. I should do more of that myself.

The problem I have with RR and SF is they make outrageous comments but won’t answer questions we at large ask them about there candidate.

I have RR and SF on my ignore button now because I don’t feel they know how to debate rationally now or with a little less emotion and more substance.

GOPGeorgia April 3, 2010 at 11:36 pm

Thank you. Have a great Easter. I’ll probably take Sunday off from PP.

Romegaguy March 31, 2010 at 8:35 pm

And I always thought it was self preservation to keep sucking off the Government teat that caused Deal to switch

John Konop March 31, 2010 at 9:20 am

The truth is my dog is the blame because he called the media while eating my kids’ homework. Nathan Deal I will try to control my dog better because I am sure he is the one behind this scandal. But hey you know it is not easy sometimes with pets.

This message is from my dog did it campaign for Deal.

polisavvy March 31, 2010 at 9:22 am

Hysterically funny! :)

SFrazier March 31, 2010 at 11:39 am

No one did anything, except for people of bad character fabricating lies about a good, decent, honest, intelligent veteran of this great land and state.

apacheangel March 31, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Your dog’s name has been added to the list. Better watch out…

drjay March 31, 2010 at 10:07 am

if nothing else i hope he stays in the race so we can have a run of clever puns on his name as headlights for the next few months: if there are rumors of him dropping out it could be “deal or no deal” if he addresses the ethics charges in some demonstrable way it could be “let’s make a deal” or “deal of the century” if he gets testy again it might be a “raw deal” or he could be chided to “deal with it” his roots as a dem could harken to a “new deal” if more bad news comes out a “new dealer” might be the one to shuffle the deck…

John Konop March 31, 2010 at 10:12 am

LOL

LoyaltyIsMyHonor March 31, 2010 at 10:41 am

When he ends up finally digging his own political grave, we can refer to it as “Dug Deal” or “Dig Dug Deal” for you fans of the classic 1980s video game.

Doug Deal March 31, 2010 at 11:03 am

As long as I get royalties, I’m all in.

Progressive Dem March 31, 2010 at 10:31 am

Deal, Oxendine, McBerry, Cagle. Thank you sir. May I have another.

GOPGeorgia April 2, 2010 at 4:45 pm

McKinney, (capsize) Johnson, a pair of Porters, ….you have plenty of your own.

“This is a time for leadership and judgment that is not compromised in any fashion. This is a time for transparency and a thorough investigation.” Quote by Mckinney.

I enjoyed watching the heathcare debate on C-Span, didn’t you?

Doug Deal March 31, 2010 at 10:33 am

So to sum up Deal supporters…

It does not matter if he is another Duke Cunningham (one of the first ethical cracks that lead to the Dems taking Congress, as long as he want to get the gays.

What a solid foundation to build his campaign upon.

Deal.
Done.

SFrazier March 31, 2010 at 11:30 am

The accusations are baseless, try reading the report.

Doug Deal March 31, 2010 at 12:36 pm

Yes, you should, but I see you are too busy trying to figure out the Deal Flavor Kool-Aid packet instructions.

SFrazier March 31, 2010 at 1:37 pm

You should probably get the sugar free kind.

B Balz March 31, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Funny.

DMZDave March 31, 2010 at 11:27 pm

OK, we know that Nathan Deal and his Chief of Staff had a meeting with the Georgia Department of Revenue to argue to maintain his contract and his Chief of Staff used his official email and title to request Casey Cagle set up the meeting. That’s clearly unethical, not even close. I’m also guessing that the Delta ticket to get to that meeting was picked up by the taxpayers as “official business.” Those are the kind of things that would have come out and that is why he resigned when he did. He didn’t want to stay and “clear” his name because that wasn’t going to happen. He wanted to get out of town ahead of the posse.

GOPGeorgia March 31, 2010 at 11:30 pm

DMZ, you are wrong on most counts of that. I’ll agree that the Chief of Staff used the congressional e-mail, but if you look closely at what was said, it might have been appropriate to do so.

KariDee April 1, 2010 at 2:55 pm

GOPGeorgia……… I am afraid we are both spinning our wheels thinking anyone, besides us, will actially read the report. Heaven forbid they go on a fact finding mission and find out Nathan didn’t do anything wrong.

KariDee April 1, 2010 at 3:01 pm

***actually***…….sorry brain to keyboard malfunction.

Henry Waxman April 4, 2010 at 11:12 pm

Does Delta fly from Gainesville to Atlanta????

AlanR April 1, 2010 at 12:05 am

In the context of this thread, reading the report would be cheating. Nice try though.

GOPGeorgia April 2, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Where do you get “getting the gays” from?

apacheangel March 31, 2010 at 5:34 pm

I love that number 8 on the list turned into a cool, sunglasses smiley. :)

apacheangel March 31, 2010 at 5:37 pm

This is just really sad…whenever any controversy comes out, I always try to dig into it before jumping to conclusions because EVERY public figure has some “dirt” come out on them that may or may not be true. As far as I can tell, despite Deal’s claims to the contrary, this one is legit. The fact that he tried to resign just before the hearing was to take place says a lot.

Henry Waxman April 3, 2010 at 1:00 am

apacheangel, what charges in the OCE report do you see as legit? The only thing I saw in there was the possibility that his Chief of Staff should have sent the email from a Gmail or a Yahoo email account outside of the hours of 9-5.

SFrazier March 31, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Read the report …. there is nothing there… Please .. You can fool some people, but not a whole lot with this garbage… in the end Deal will come out the winner, righteousness will prevail, it always does.

John Konop March 31, 2010 at 8:42 pm

SF,

Do you post during happy hour? If you are at a bar please let someone drive you home, because friends do not let friends drive home drunk! :)

Republican Lady March 31, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Do you think she is old enough to drink? Benevolous confirmed in one of the above posts that SF is a girl.

John Konop March 31, 2010 at 10:10 pm

Republican Lady

Once again a very good point! :)

benevolus April 2, 2010 at 7:36 am

No. That post was referring to “Kari”, which sounds like a girls name to me, and you.

John Konop March 31, 2010 at 8:46 pm

JMax,

It is a pint of sales tax which would be have to be in the mid 40% range to cover the debt.

AlanR April 1, 2010 at 12:09 am

There is a lot in the report. And there is a lot to discuss, but this thread isn’t about the report. Its about trashing Nathan Deal.

B Balz April 2, 2010 at 8:55 am

Of course it is.

Henry Waxman April 4, 2010 at 11:08 pm

Are you suggesting that PP is set up to trash the opponents of the person the proprietor has endorsed? That’s a baseless and crazy assumption.

MayberryJD April 1, 2010 at 12:01 am

Deal has a J.D. and can return to practicing law if his run isn’t successful.
I hate to see Republicans savaging one another. King Roy must be loving this.

Doug Deal April 1, 2010 at 9:49 am

Not if he is criminally prosecuted for a.felony.

GOPGeorgia April 1, 2010 at 10:08 am

Not likely to happen.

Doug Deal April 1, 2010 at 10:52 am

True, but low probability does not mean impossible. People often get into more trouble in how they handle charges that the original charge. Just ask William Jefferson Clinton who was disbarred for perjury when he was originally just being sued for sexual harassment.

GOPGeorgia April 1, 2010 at 11:10 am

I find it just as likely that you will be prosecuted for a felony as Congressman Deal.

I find it a bit funny that you say “People often get into more trouble in how they handle charges that the original charge.” and you also said “Maybe Deal’s attorney can stand in for him at the next debate.”

Henry Waxman April 3, 2010 at 12:56 am

What felony did you see in the OCE report???

Henry Waxman April 4, 2010 at 11:05 pm

Yeah, I couldn’t find anything either.

SFCWallace April 2, 2010 at 9:46 am

Am I the only one who thinks Deal’s PR guy looks like Carter Country’s Mayor Burnside with a bad wig?

KariDee April 2, 2010 at 5:44 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! +1

Comments on this entry are closed.

{ 1 trackback }