Defending the American Dream Summit

DTDC_logoAngle.small.jpeg.png

You might want to check out the Defending the American Dream Summit this weekend in Atlanta put on by Americans for Prosperity. I’ll be speaking.

You can register here.

It’ll be at the Cobb Galleria Centre – 2 Galleria Parkway, Atlanta GA.

Neal Boortz, Martha Zoller, Herman Cain, and a host of others will be there.

1. ByteMe says:

Another shill for a lobbyist organization. Neal will be out there pushing his FairTax fraud book. Erick will be trying to move up the list of “most influential conservatives”. Herman will be trying to get anyone to listen to his radio show.

And YOU get to pay to hear them lie to you in an entertaining way.

Bread and circuses.

• ByteMe says:

Because I care that these lobbyists are infecting more people by paying for entertainers to whip up the crowd into doing the bidding of the corporate masters who are paying the big bucks for those lobbyists to do this.

The real truth — not the fake truth spread by entertainers and hucksters — will set you free. And free up your Saturday.

• BuckheadConservative says:

Well, we conservatives have to do something to counter act the liberal efforts to put fluorine in our water so as to brainwash us into becoming communist.

Seriously, Byte….normally you’re liberal, but pretty level headed. Please don’t put on the tin hat.

“Corporate masters”….sheesh.

• ByteMe says:

So you know who is funding AFP? Please show us the list. It’s not the attendees, since the money to get the entertainers is guaranteed ahead of time. Who is the money behind the curtain?

If you don’t ask the tough questions, you’ll never know if you’re being played.

• Painterman says:

AFP is one of the few groups trying to get the government to spend less money; Eric, Neal and Herman are not getting paid to take part either.
              This is all about helping to equip the conservative grass roots for the upcoming elections.

• ByteMe says:

Thank you for the commercial. How do you know they aren’t getting paid? Who is providing the money to this organization?

And why aren’t you more curious about that?

• Painterman says:

If you have listened to Herman or Neal you would know that they are not being paid.
                  AFP, I would guess, gets money from all different sources; who agree with them and their goals of lower taxes, responsible fiscally policy and more government accountability like a Zero based budget.
                  I find it interesting that you are so suspicious of a group who wants to see you keep more of your own money in your own pocket. Of course, I’m assuming that you do have your own job and earn a living without government assistance. If not I guess it makes sense for you to not want government spending to decrease.

• ByteMe says:

I’m suspicious of ALL groups. You’re suspicious of unions, right? And yet you know EXACTLY where they are getting their money. But you don’t know exactly where these guys are getting their money.

Someone calls you on the phone and asks for a donation to a cause you think is worthy — let’s say homeless vietnam veterans — do you give without checking to see whether 95% of your money is going into the pockets of the marketing company making those phone calls?

And just because Neal says he’s not taking money for this, don’t believe he’s doing it for free. He lies regularly on his show, he’ll lie to you if it suits him. Caveat emptor as he would tell you.

• Bill Greene says:

“Defending the American Dream was an inside job, man… there’s no way those stages could have been set up without lobbyist funding… I heard some engineer talking about it on the radio, man…” — ADS Truther “ByteMe”

2. Errm, there’s no open thread, but am I the only one who finds it funny that the ad on the right for the SWGA Gubernatorial Forum is at a high school that is on a street named Trojan Way? What, was Durex Place already taken?

3. Rick Day says:

just what the hell IS the “American Dream” these days? Based on the attended, it must be a Plantation Master’s Dream.

I suppose everyone “Has a Dream™” these days….

Every time I look in the mirror
    All these lines on my face getting clearer
    The past is gone
    It goes by, like dusk to dawn
    Isn’t that the way
    Everybody’s got their dues in life to pay

Yeah, I know nobody knows
    where it comes and where it goes
    I know it’s everybody’s sin
    You got to lose to know how to win

Half my life
    is in books’ written pages
    Lived and learned from fools and
    from sages
    You know it’s true
    All the things come back to you

Sing with me, sing for the year
    Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
    Sing with me, if it’s just for today
    Maybe tomorrow, the good lord will take you away

Yeah, sing with me, sing for the year
    sing for the laughter, sing for the tear
    sing with me, if it’s just for today
    Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away

Dream On Dream On Dream On
    Dream until your dreams come true
    Dream On Dream On Dream On
    Dream until your dream comes through
    Dream On Dream On Dream On
    Dream On Dream On
    Dream On Dream On

• Painterman says:

Well for me it has nothing to do with the government telling me what I have to buy, I can tell you that!
      Most Americans, I would bet, just want the government to leave them alone and let them earn a living and carve their own path to happiness.

4. dorian says:

Just as the average taxpayer with no real political connections (but a probable conservative bent) the question I constantly ask myself is when is it enough? I mean my taxes go up so I can bootstrap some deadbeat who has no obligations to do anything. It’s true. They don’t. All they have to do is exist, but as a producer I am expected to pay their way. In addition, my health insurance go up and my coverage gets less, so they can get the same crappy insurance I have. For nothing. But when does it end? Is there a point when I have paid enough of my income, and if so how much is it? Because at some point you know, it just isn’t worth it. I’ll quit my job and go fish in one of Sonny’s stupid ponds that my tax dollars so stupidly paid for and have a truck load of kids and let someone else pay for me too.

5. Game Fan says:

Eh, summits… blwech. Now SOME of us Paulistas have taken a cue from the good Doctor himself with the idea of individualism and decentralization, ect…

Translation:
    We’ve got the netroots baby. Why crowd into some building with a bunch of Republicans? What’s the purpose of going to a conservative summit? Real summits are for the jackass politicians trading away our freedom. You’re just a ticket holder. See the difference? This is the same mentality that has infected the C4L. Just being there and crowding in creates another fifedom. I think for myself as a conservative. I don’t need to kiss anyone’s ass, get an autograph or network with anybody.

6. Progressive Dem says:

Guess this will be vegetarian weekend. All the red meat will be at the Cobb Galleria. Good luck whipping up the delusions. Now go out and scare that crowd and scam them into sending money.