Some news to share with you guys

I’ve been dying to tell you all for a while and this explains why I haven’t been around much lately. I’ve been busy.

Erick Erickson Joins CNN’s Roster of Political Contributors
Erickson to Appear Regularly on John King, USA, beginning March 22

Prominent conservative commentator and RedState.com editor Erick Erickson will join CNN as a political contributor, it was announced today by Sam Feist, CNN political director and vice president of Washington-based programming. Erickson will appear weeknights on John King, USA, which launches Monday, March 22, as well as provide perspective and commentary to other programs across the network.

“I grew up in Dubai and then in rural Louisiana as an obsessive news junkie. CNN was the only place to go for nonstop news,” said Erickson. “Joining CNN is like coming home and being in Atlanta makes the decision right for me and my family.”

“Erick’s a perfect fit for John King, USA, because not only is he an agenda-setter whose words are closely watched in Washington but as a person who still lives in small-town America, Erick is in touch with the very people John hopes to reach,” said Feist. “With Erick’s exceptional knowledge of politics as well as his role as a conservative opinion leader, he will add an important voice to CNN’s ideologically diverse group of political contributors.”

Erick Erickson currently serves as editor-in-chief of RedState.com, a property of Eagle Publishing, Inc. Under his leadership, RedState.com has become the preeminent right of center community online. Prior to leading RedState.com, Erickson practiced law for six years and managed a number of political campaigns, and he currently serves as a member of the Macon, Georgia city council. He studied political science and history earning a bachelor’s degree at Mercer University in Macon, Georgia. Erickson also earned his juris doctorate from Mercer’s Walter F. George School of Law.

CNN Worldwide, a division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner Company, is the most trusted source for news and information. Its reach extends to nine cable and satellite television networks; one private place-based network; two radio networks; wireless devices around the world; CNN Digital Network, the No. 1 network of news Web sites in the United States; CNN Newsource, the world’s most extensively syndicated news service; and strategic international partnerships within both television and the digital media.

-30-

For more information, visit www.CNNPressroom.com.

• analogkid says:

One more thing…

Anyone want to bet how this will affect Erick’s “69th Most Influential Conservative” ranking?

While it does mean increased national exposure, keep in mind that he is going to appear on CNN, not Fox News.

Despite the haters, I’ll still take the under.

1. Tyler says:

Congrats. I guess that’s why you told people to follow John King on Twitter a while back. I should’ve known. Enjoy the ride, Erick. You deserve it.

2. B Balz says:

CNN has been re-positioning itself as a ‘news, less spin’ outlet. Certainly, 100% different than 2008. Although they have low ratings, in ‘event’ situations, people turn to CNN first.

I think this is great, Erick. Welcome to Atlanta and hope to see more of you. Say ‘hey’ to Robin – I am sooo jealous!

• kyleinatl says:

It’s true, despite what some may think…CNN is pretty much straight news with as little spin as can be possible in a cable news outlet…it certainly isn’t FoxNews or MSNBC, might be more boring, but I’ll take it.

3. BuckheadConservative says:

Will you find out once and for all if the current Larry King is actually just a robot in Larry King’s skin? I have a theory.

4. Doug Deal says:

Good luck Erick.

I’ve heard about this for about a month. I bet it feels good to finally get to talk about it.

I had heard that you would likely give up your Council seat, but its good that you’ll be able to finish your term.

• B Balz says:

Just think, PeachPundit/RedState followers jump-starts an uptick in CNN ratings. Credit bestowed upon Erik Erickson and he is promoted to anchor key time slot.

The writing is on the wall folks, just remember us, laddy.

5. slyram says:

Erick needs to hip Rollin Martin to the modern South; they look like they want to take it out back and solve it like “some gentlemen” as Snoop Dogg says.

6. Tireless says:

I never watch CNN since I am not a Marxist loving, statist. Why is this development important to conservatives like me? Are we supposed to be hoping Eric’s addition to the most biased news media in the Country will help it’s ratings? What’s next …… we get excited if Gingrich joins the Olbermann show on MSNBC? Yee friggin haw.

7. AlanR says:

Good for you — don’t take any stuff from those guys — don’t back down, ever — and get paid in cash if you can.

8. chefdavid says:

Congrats. I look foward to seeing you. I used to watch Beck on there all the time. I still watch to get a different perspective than Fox. Hey Buzzfan! Not only do they have Kiran and Robin but now they are going after the female demographic with Erick.

9. Congratulations, Erick!

I wish you the very best. Maybe you’ll get to meet Justice Souter. If so, be sure and ask about the “kids”. 🙂

Seriously,I think you’ll be great.