Rally Against John Barrow And Get Free BBQ

Americans For Prosperity is planning a rally to encourage 12th District Congressman John Barrow to oppose the health care bill to be voted on presently. Here are the details:

Georgia’s 12th District Congressional Representative John Barrow is going soft on the House bill for a government takeover of health care and considering supporting the bill! The critical House vote is scheduled for March 18th (or earlier if Speaker Pelosi can get the votes for a ram rod session)! If you live in the 12th district, AFP Georgia is hosting a protest party – an “Emergency 12th District Hands Off My Health Care Town Hall & Rally” on Tuesday night, March 16th with AFP Georgia activists and concerned constituents from Rep Barrow’s District! AFP State Director Virginia Galloway and AFP Grassroots Coordinator Joel Aaron will be on hand to host and we’re calling on doctors, patients and concerned constituents to join us! BBQ will be served for FREE to ALL who RSVP IN ADVANCE to [email protected] by NOON on the day of the event. Please come with your hand made signs and get ready to let Rep. Barrow (and the cameras in the media) know that We The People will not be ignored! For the FREE dinner provided by Vandy’s Barbecue in Statesboro you MUST RSVP to [email protected] by NOON on March 16th!

Date:
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
6:00pm – 8:00pm

Location:
Springhill Suites meeting room
105 Springhill Drive, Statesboro, GA

1. Rick Day says:

“Emergency 12th District Hands Off My Health Care Town Hall & Rally”

er…

what about those with no Health Insurance, would it be a “…Hands off my Heath Insurance if I could afford any” rally?

just sayin’….

Median resident age: 22.0 years
    Georgia median age: 33.4 years

Zip codes: 30458, 30459, 30460, 30461.
    Statesboro Zip Code Map

Estimated median household income in 2008: $25,457 (it was $19,016 in 2000)
    Statesboro: $25,457
    Georgia: $50,861

Estimated per capita income in 2008: $14,165

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/city/Statesboro-Georgia.html#ixzz0iIMO9wBu

• reaganrev4 says:

the number one denier of medical claims in the U.S is Medicare. For those of you that dont know Medicare is run by the government…just sayin’…

2. c_murrayiii says:

Just because one lacks health insurance doesn’t mean they lack health care. That’s the real problem with the whole situation, too many people think if you don’t have insurance, you don’t get health care at all. The health insurance is what has caused costs to rise so much. People don’t take responsibility for their health care when someone is will pay for it. Also, there is no incentive for competition between health care providers when all the costs are fixed based on negotiated rates with big insurance carriers. I have no health insurance right now because I choose to not have it. I should have that choice. And before you start with the emergency room stuff, as part of my choice, I should be left on the side of the road if I can’t pay for my health care following an accident. Or I get some terrible disease and can’t pay for it or work out a payment plan, I should suffer the consequences of my choice. Even if we provided catastrophic care insurance for everyone who couldn’t afford it, it’d still be cheaper than the debacle they are trying to pass in DC right now.

• ByteMe says:

As I stated elsewhere for someone else, when the time comes and they ignore your choice and save your life, let me be the first to say, “You’re welcome.”

• c_murrayiii says:

And I will be gracious enough to say thank you and try to find a way to pay it back. Like other folks wiser than me have said, there’s the way it is, and the way it ought to be, they aren’t necessarily the same.

• Republican Lady says:

The doctors will save your life because if you have a life threatening emergency, they could face prosecution if they don’t. Because you choose to have no insurance, we taxpayers will pick up your tab under the social contract premise. So you see, you really don’t have the chouces you would think you have.

• c_murrayiii says:

But that doesn’t mean it’s right, I’ll sign a contract right now with the state of Georgia and Virginia, and the whole US that absolves any and every person (including Doctors) of any responsibility to pay for my health care.

• ByteMe says:

The issue is the same as the “End of Life Directives” question. When you’re collapsed on the street, the paramedics don’t know what End of Life Directives you have in place, they just know that their job is to get you stabilized and into the hands of a doctor. And the doctor in the ER also doesn’t know your EoL Directives; he/she just knows that the job is to stabilize you for admissions or send you home once you are able to leave.

And unless you want to go down the privacy path with having a national EoLD registry….

• c_murrayiii says:

If we have organ donor cards, why not “I can pay” cards? Or “I don’t care to pay, so let me go” cards?

• ByteMe says:

The EoLD form is several pages long, I’m not clear whether it can be reduced to a bunch of checkboxes on the back of your driver’s license, since it has to cover all the eventualities, including the possibility that you might recover if given something as simple as oxygen or an injected drug that will open a blocked artery in your brain.

Perhaps we really will move to the driver’s license with an embedded chip for certain health care directives and information (e.g., blood type).

It’s an intriguing thought, we’re just not there today. As a country, we’re also not there on the idea that we can choose how and when we want to exit the world.

3. fishtail says:

Americans For Properity also wants all their members to drive around blowing their car horns on March 16 from Noon-1 PM. Sort of fits the description of a whacko, doesn’t it? AFP Georgia’s Honk Against Government Takeover of Health Care! – Tuesday, March 16th NOON Statewide | Americans for Prosperity

• c_murrayiii says:

That’s better than just calling them a whacko, you at least have to present some evidence, come on…

4. reaganrev4 says:

that was to rick day’s point that government run healthcare is the solution to our health care problems