Prosecutor With Strong Record Of Fighting Corruption Confirmed By Senate As US Attorney

It’s official, Sally Yates is now the US Attorney for North Georgia.

Yates has a record of prosecuting corruption cases involving federal officials. As noted in the AJC article linked above, she was instrumental in obtaining convictions in both airport corruption cases and that of former Atlanta mayor Bill Campbell.

I’m guessing that any public official who has been walking a fine line with legal issues in the course of their political career will not be sleeping as well with Ms. Yates sitting in her new chair.

1. polisavvy says:

Ms. Yates will do an excellent job. I’d be worried if I were a politician with her there. She’s a very bright attorney.

2. Technocrat says:

If Deal is guilty, so is his bud Cagle for setting up and sitting in the Dept of Revenue meeting……………something few seem to understand or admit.

I would be much more worried that SHE would be calling Westmoreland with counsel in for an interview .

• polisavvy says:

Technocrat, I am unfamiliar with this. Would you tell me what you are talking about? Thanks in advance.

• Mad Dog says:

savvy,

Deal had a no bid contract with the State. When that contract was threatened by budget cuts … Cagle worked it all out for Nathan.

Need more input?

• polisavvy says:

Nope, that’s enough info for me. I’ll take it from here. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Mad Dog.

• polisavvy says:

She probably will fishtail. Unless things have changed, she’s a very shrewd, very bright attorney. She was one of the few associates who came to the firm that actually didn’t need to be led around by the hand. She hit the door running.

• Mozart says:

You cannot “look into” something without concrete proof, cite of law broken, and/or sworn testimony by someone.

Rumors blabbed about on blogs are hardly the source you want the l.aw Enforcement community to start taking to initiate investigations, do you?

• Republican Lady says:

In fact, if you are going to accuse Karen, you will also have to accuse Eric Johnson who did not fulfil his term, and the on/off/on again Nathan Deal. Or is it okay for men to drop out but not women?