Hix Leaves Hawkins

State Senator Lee Hawkins‘ campaign manager, Bradley Hix has left the campaign.

Hix was hired on a temporary basis to Hawkins’ Congressional campaign. Hawkins made a conscious decision last August not to hire a full time manager until closer to the election to save money, nearer the end of the legislative session. Hix joined the campaign in mid-December to help out over the holidays and into January and February. Hix moved back home about a month ago.

1. GeorgiaValues says:

Less than a year, 4 Campaign Managers…

1. Mr. CEO Josh Jones
    2. Mrs. Hawkins
    3. Bradley Hix
    4. Tommy Sandoval

• GOPGeorgia says:

I don’t think that Tommy likes titles. I think that most candidates wives have just as much say as a campaign manager, so she didn’t need a title. Wasn’t JJ’s title a consultant?

• GOPGrassroots says:

She had the title in a press release from the Campaign in 2009…

And the press release announcing “Lee’s 2010 Victory Team” with Mr. Hix never said anything about him being a temp. Nice spin.

• provisional says:

GOPGeorgia,
            In a thread on PP last year sometime, I can’t remeber the exact topic, but a lot of the Hawkins supporters came on and made a big deal that Josh Jones was NOT the consultant, he was an iterim “something” (I am pretty sure it was campaign manager, but will look for the thread to confirm).

• reaganrev4 says:

yes GOPGeorgia and from what I know he still is consultant. Provisional yet again doesn’t know what he’s talking about. And despite your dedication to live and die by the word of PeachPundit, which is a great blog, it is still just a blog provisional…meaning they even let me post comments on threads

• provisional says:

Sorry, I guess I shouldn’t trust everything just going by the post below, I had wrongly assumed this guy was in Hawkins inner circle.

Tommy_a2b October 7, 2009 at 8:54 am
                steelfist, just to clear things up for you. Mark Rountree is GC and Josh Jones is interim CM.

• GOPGeorgia says:

Tommy may be backing him, but I don’t know if he is authorized to give out titles. As I said before, I don’t know if Tommy gets a check or not.

• GOPGeorgia says:

I don’t know if TS gets a check from the campaign or not, but I know he’s still got his day job. He may just be a supporter. The last time I chatted with him, he was still backing Lee.

2. GVilleMan says:

Lee is losing his momentum in this race, this race will swing hard to Bill Stephens once everyone starts to realize who the most capable, qualified candidate is.

Stephens for Congress

3. reaganrev4 says:

GeorgiaValues is so informed that he forgot to mention that all but Hix are still with Hawkins’ campaign and I have never seen anything besides that one press release naming anyone but Hix as campaign manager

4. BuckheadConservative says:

Whether he was temporary or not, the lack of continuity on the Hawkin’s staff thus far represents a dishevled campaign. I think Lee is losing his grip.