AFP-GA Day at the Capitol

On March 9th, the Georgia chapter of Americans for Prosperity will host its annual day at the state capitol, which includes meeting with conservative legislators and Speaker David Ralston and a No New Taxes Rally featuring Grover Norquist of the Americans for Tax Reform (you know, the organization that sponsors the Taxpayer Protection Pledge, which many legislators from our state have signed).

More details on AFP-GA Day at the Capitol are available here.

1. Joshua Morris says:

Has everyone forgotten about Norquist’s connection to Reed, Abramoff and the Choctaw Indians? Maybe I missed something.

• ByteMe says:

I haven’t. But the “get government hands off my Medicare!” crowd, which have Buzz and Jason on their e-mail list, are conveniently ignoring how Norquist was part of the problem during the Republican debacles.

2. Painterman says:

You know it’s funny, but Reed was never asked to testify once nor were any charges ever filed, only accusations thrown, against him and yet here he seems to have been tried and convicted.

• ByteMe says:

So you’re saying all the e-mails that came to light during Abramoff’s trial are… fake? Jury didn’t see it that way.

Illegal? Nope. Is Reed immoral, unethical, and an all-around douchebag? Yep.

3. Painterman says:

My point is there nw=ever was a jury, and would you like to answer for what every e-mail you sent out means and don;t think that any of them could be twisted or manipulated to say more than what you mean? I’m not saying you have to like him, but he has gotten a bum wrap in my opinion. The state GOP got more grassroot people trained and in action than ever before or after his term.

• ByteMe says:

So Abramoff isn’t in prison after going to trial where evidence was presented about Reed’s e-mails describing how he was scamming TWO Indian tribes over a casino license while using the faithful as part of his con job and then gloating about the suckers? None of that happened? It was all just a fantastic dream? Bummer.

Painterman: #FAIL. Try to sell it people more gullible than any of us.

I’ll repeat myself, because it’s such a good line:

Is Reed immoral, unethical, and an all-around douchebag? Yep