This should help us figure out which Republican candidate for Governor is the most desperate

This month’s Atlanta Magazine has a brief profile of 14-year-old Jonathan Krohn, who is viewed by some as the political version of the second coming of Jesus Christ Rush Limbaugh Erick Erickson.

Evidently he’s a regular caller on Bill Bennett’s Morning in America radio show, spoke at CPAC a year ago, and wrote this and this. But in the article, one of the graphics caught my eye.

Let me be clear: there is nothing wrong with this kid doing what he does. More power to him. But if there truly is a Republican candidate for Governor who is expending energy to obtain the endorsement of a 14-year-old (and I think we all have a pretty good idea who it is), then I respectfully suggest that people in places like Toccoa, Claxton and Homerville aren’t going to be that impressed. And they will probably wonder why the candidate spent time on that and not proposing solutions to Georgia’s problems.

1. Howard Roark says:

I bet his name rhymes with fOX, sOX, bOX or or Fort knOX.

Saxby Chambliss had an event in Rabun county (which I didn’t attend) and I received a report that some kid spoke. My guess is it was the same kid. Hope he doesn’t associate with John OX. Hate to see him spoiled before his career gets off the ground.

• polisavvy says:

Thanks, Howard. I appreciate your hint. I had been able to narrow down some that it would not be. I thought it could be Ox because he seems so desparate; but, I was not positive. Thanks for your post. I have been stressing about this one for a while (like since the second it went up).

2. bartsimpsonisdaman says:

Hey dudes, sounds like the Michael Jackson of Georgia politics; squeeky voice and all.

Vote Barnes! He’s ugly as hell, keeps his pants on and doesn’t mess with little boys.

• Howard Roark says:

Homerville is a small town you pass through on your way to the most wonderful place in the world, Okefenokee Swamp. Everyone should spend a week canoeing and camping in “The Land of Trembling Earth.”

• Nathan says:

I know someone who now lives in Homerville. He used to own a car detailing place in Ringgold. Haven’t talked to him in a while.

It’s important that the youth get involved at an early age, but trying to win the heart of a 14-year-old so that he’ll endorse that person for governor? Seriously? I guess that candidate is trying to reach out to the 12-16 year-old voting bloc…the underrepresented minority.

3. Jane says:

He is a nice kid, but just a kid. Some of us remember Nixon and Johnson because we were there. My mentors remember Roosevelt and Truman. The Kid will do well, but he needs life experience before he is ready for prime time.

4. trainsplz says:

“Some liberals are actually nice people who can be pleasant to talk with.” Dear Lord. I sincerely hope that this kid goes Ivy League and comes out a bisexual, communist, found art curating coffee snob. He’d end up leading a much happier life that way.

5. Doug Deal says:

You do not become wise by collecting facts and reveling in what you know. You become wise in understanding what it is you don’t know.

Kids, no matter how much of a prodigy they seem to be, lack the experience to have good judgment. Unfortunately most of who pass muster for running for political office has not moved far beyond childhood in that regard.