A “Lawmakers” open thread

We’re now on Day 7 of the 2010 General Assembly and the most important news remains discussed: It appears David Zelski isn’t hosting GPB’s Lawmakers with the charming Nwandi Lawson anymore. Now, we have Susan Hoffman (pictured) in the left seat. Surveying the gaggle of reporters interns helping out, it seems we are also no longer graced with the efforts of the wildly popular Minoo Hosseini who has now apparently returned to her home planet of Tatooine.

While I could do without the “flashbacks” to the past 40 years of the show each night, my main wish is that Nwandi staple Hoffman’s jacket sleeves to the desk so the latter will stop flailing her arms around while reading from the teleprompter.

Consider this an OPEN THREAD.

[UPDATE] Evidently commentary about anything griftdrift also writes about is now taboo, even if completely different. Too funny!

1. NorthGeorgiaGirl says:

Poor David Zelski, his absence hasn’t even been mentioned yet on Lawmakers. One can only hope he hasn’t lost his plum assignment on Georgia Traveler.

Without Minoo, what will happen to the Lawmakers drinking game???

2. janna says:

I would participate in this discussion but my cable provider seems to think that Glynn County is in Florida. No GPTV, hence no Lawmakers for me. Not that I am bitter about it or anything.

If you need updates on the Florida version of Lawmakers, I am your girl.

• NorthGeorgiaGirl says:

The answer to your problem in missing this award-winning program is to watch it online, although it just isn’t the same without David Zelski and Minoo Hosseini.

But even the delightful Lawmakers doesn’t compare to Georgia Traveler…

• Rick Day says:

it is that petroleum jelly the smear around the lens, for that ‘warm and fuzzy’ effect. And the cheesy-folksy music bed. That is the worse.

Oh wait, I have not watched TV in over 4 years now. Nevermind.

• janna says:

Thanks, good to know.

Then again, it would be nice to be able to sit on my couch in my jammies and watch GEORGIA Public TV seeing as how I am a GEORGIA resident and all.

Did I mention I am a wee bit annoyed about this situation?

• LoyaltyIsMyHonor says:

That just reminded me that I never could get SP 2 to load on my home laptop running Vista.

ARGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

• ByteMe says:

Read today that the average iPhone consumes 400 MB of data per month. Note that factoid if you decide to get the iPad and want to consider the limited data plan of only 250 MB. It may turn out to be a bad deal compared to the $30 unlimited data plan.

3. Debra says:

I like to watch Lawmakers and I think Ms. Hoffman is doing a great job. I liked the the old Ga Traveler theme song “We’re from Ga…….. and we travel…… that’s why we’re called…….. the Ga Traveler……..” much better than the new one. The new one just doesn’t hit the ole funny bone.

• NorthGeorgiaGirl says:

My kids are personally disappointed that the theme song for Georgia Traveler has been changed. That doesn’t stop us from making fun of the old song though:)

4. Andre says:

Since this is an open thread, allow me to suggest the following video for your enjoyment:

State Rep. Chuck Sims Zings Karen Handel On House Floor.

The footage features the following piece of poetic prose from Rep. Sims:

The journal was perused and soundly retrieved. However, Ms. Handel has labeled us liars, tramps and thieves. Now Karen you need not bother politicking down south. Because you can’t seem to stop running your mouth.

5. Jawgadude says:

I have been gaga over Susan Hoffman since the first time I saw her on Lawmakers many years ago. Vavavavoom!

6. REB says:

Yes, the new Georgia Traveler theme definitely lacks something without the lyrics and Deliverancesque banjo.

Maybe they could tie the two shows together–every time some pork project is mentioned on Lawmakers, they could cut to a shot of Phil eating a pork chop or pulled pork sandwich.