Six of the Seven announced Republican candidates for Governor met in Athens tonight for a Debate. The seventh, John Oxendine, couldn’t be bothered. We’re not sure if it’s because he was still trying to gain access to UGA playing Michigan State, or because he only accepts debate invitations to debates that don’t actually exist.
Another reason could be that he is still traumatized by his photo op of a hunting trip. It seems Oxendine needed to demostrate that he’s a real tough sportman guy, so he took his kids hunting.
The AJC brings us the details, which include:
1) A member of the hunting party was shot.
2) Ox still managed a positive spin on his tweet: “Hunting in North Georgia with my boys today and tomorrow. Hoping the weather improves, but a great time of being together.” Amazing since his “social media expert” is no longer with the campaign.
3) A great Dick Cheney non-comparison denial: “This was not a Dick Cheney situation,” Crim said, referring to a 2006 hunting accident in which the former vice president shot someone in his hunting party in the face.
4) That this avid sportsman doesn’t have a hunting licensce, nor do his sons, and
5) Remember that guy that Ox barely knew, though he appointed him twice to a position to oversee other insurance companies? You know, the one Ox said he didn’t know had illegally funnelled over $120K of campaign funds laundered through 10 Alabama based PACs before it ended up in Ox’s account? You remember him right? Well, he owned the land.
Ox. A gift that keeps on giving.