Yes we’re running ads open thread

So you can discuss the new ads, we’ve given you an open thread lest you all threadjack. Threadjacks make Charlie angry. You don’t want to see Charlie angry.

Also, I’m told Konop and GOPGeorgia (aka Doug) have agreed to resolve their differences via a duel. Feel free to suggest the weapons used.

1. Bucky Plyler says:

1. Paintball
    2. Hotdog eating contest
    3. Dancing Fool Dance Off
    4. Wrist slingshots w/ acorns at 20 paces
    5. See who can listen the longest to a John Kerry speech
    6. Just let Konop go ahead & apologize. He probably started it.

2. RuralDem says:

Konop would use a ruler, graphing calculator, or some other instrument used in schools. It’d represent his dedication to education.

GOPGeorgia would use a elephant bobblehead or some other weapon that has a Republican oriented design. It’d represent his unwavering support to all that is GOP.

3. AubieTurtle says:

Shouldn’t the posters who cause the most controversy and thus, the most page views get a cut of the action? Pete is going to be a rich man! Y’all might also have to beg Spacey to come back.

4. Jeff says:

Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match maybe?

Or what about the match (I forget what it is called in the annals of wrestling lore) where Terry Funk and Mick Foley battled in ECW with bard wire for the ropes and boards with C4 under them?

Heck, even a more “routine” Hell in a Cell could be fun to watch! 😀

5. John Konop says:

The issue is simple unless we hold office-holders accountable no matter of party we will destroy our country brick by brick. If you look at real issues Indy, Icarus, Erick, Buzz, Doug, I….have had many strong debates about policy.

Yet many of us have come to the conclusion in the Governors race it should be anyone, but Ox and Deal after the Richardson saga. And when I see party leaders from either party turning a blind eye, covering up unethical behavior and failed policy that keeps piling up the debt, passed on to our kids, destruction of our schools….than I speak up.

I do apologize to GOP if at times I was to over the top with comments directed at him. Yet my frustration is based on watching my kids and your kids’ future sold off for short term greed and ego via a lack of responsible leadership.

I truly hope and pray at least we all can agree enough is enough and we must hold office-holders to hire standard than not being convicted!

• GOPGeorgia says:

Well JK, thank you for the apology. Am I guilty of turning a blind eye, covering up unethical behavior and failed policy that keeps piling up the debt, passed on to our kids, destruction of our schools, short term greed and ego or just lack or responsible leadership? I’m not seeing much of a change from you.

Frustration is hardly a good excuse for any action regardless of what well intended foundation it may have. If one were to smack you upside the head with a shovel, I doubt the police would find it acceptable just because that person was frustrated with you.

I’m not your puppet. I don’t dance in a matter that you prescribe when you pull a string. I don’t take sides in primaries. That irritates you because I am not attacking candidates that you want me to attack. That’s your problem, not mine. It’s not my job to say anyone but Ox or Deal. I don’t cherry pick policies or laws and attack them because of one provision that I (or you) disagree with. Just because I don’t support bridges to nowhere doesn’t mean that I disagree with Deal voting on a transportation bill. Almost all bills have good and bad in them. If you could think logically without being overcome by frustration about your kids future, you might have a chance to understand that.

My suggestion about your kids is to work hard to provide for them, teach them, play with them, and love them. Attacking candidates, policies, and party leaders really doesn’t do much for them unless you are really swaying public opinion.

So to conclude, is the reason you lie so much is that you become frustrated or that you have kids? (Doing it for the children….hahahaha. I still can’t believe he actually SAID that.)(destruction of our schools….does he think I’m running a bulldozer heading for the classroom with small children trying to get out of my way before I run them over? Ridiculous.)

• GOPGeorgia says:

I’m done until he wants to start in with more lies. I’ve worked for the pary for 20 years. I am tired of this joker telling everyone that I am what is wrong with the party just because I don’t attack who he attacks. It seems that anytime he talks about me there is a spin or a lie involved and I have had enough.

• RuralDem says:

“Try this. The next time you want to call me something, go look your kids in the face and tell them that you are about to call me something. See if it improves their day.”

Wow. Just, wow.

6. gasteelmagnolia says:

Truly disappointed, gagop. He apologized and rather than being gracious, you attacked. Regardless of the reason, he actually said I’m sorry. Bad form

• GOPGeorgia says:

Me defending lies about myself has nothing to do with my party. Good politics might be to brush it off and forget about it. However, if you let lies be told often enough without correcting them, eventually others will start to believe them. That is why I have decided to stand up for myself.

• GOPGeorgia says:

Yes, all apologies should include phrases like “short term greed and ego via a lack of responsible leadership. ”

I don’t ask for an apology, I ask that he not lie about me. When he stops lying, I will stop pointing out that he’s lying.

7. gasteelmagnolia says:

On another note…did anyone else notice the dems who received appointments in leadership, albeit only secretaries, but positions in the House after the committee assignment?

• B Balz says:

I did, speaks volumes about bringing together both sides.

Anyone notice how long Speaker Ralston shooks Rep. Smyre’s hand and spoke to him after the vote? Both men had expressions of respect on their faces. Rep. Smyre gave a truly powerful speech, and he is an important part of the equation to get things done this year.

8. TPNoGa says:

Everytime I see the Austin Scott banner, I think it’s an ad for Scott Brown. I need to re-focus on GA.

But geez, I hope Scott Brown wins. (this is an open thread).

9. IndyInjun says:

Me too, but I had a sinking feeling when I read that the 9 point Brown lead was compiled by Matt Towery’s IA.

10. Donna Locke says:

I guess y’all heard Vince and Barbara Dooley’s son took the job with the UT Vols. It is time to find out if Herschel Walker has had children.