Erick Moves Up, Now #65

Congrats are in order to our very own Erick Erickson who has been named the 65th most influential conservative in the US by the London Telegraph. In 2007 Erick was ranked 69th. And yes, they are aware of his Twitter exploits. 🙂

1. Ken in Eastman says:

Congratulations, Erick! Well done!

Just think, that at this rate of ascent, you will be number one in only 17 short years (unless someone behind you is climbing faster)!

• Actually, it’s closer to 49 years. Since his last ranking was in 2007, and he has move up 4 places in 3 years, then it will take him 49 years to make it to #1 at this rate.

Congrats anyway Erick!

• Ken in Eastman says:

Hi Jason,

Nice to meet you the other night and thanks for the correction! Even though I know it must sadden Erick.

2. John Konop says:

I was told by Ox not to read the PP. I guess the London Telegraph did not get and or read the memo. My question is did OX help or hurt Erick with his new status?

3. DMZDave says:

I think Erick’s conservative creds would move up a whole lot if he adopted some consistent ground rules when making his endorsements. Maybe some of the longtime PP contributors or even Erick himself can explain this inconsistency to me. Erick apparently doesn’t like Sonny because he used to be a Democrat and says that what we need are “real” long time Republicans. OK, I sort of agree with him. Yet, he endorsed Rick Perry for governor in Texas who also used to be a Democrat. OK, Rick Perry switched 6 years before Sonny so maybe the rule is you have to be a Republican for at least 15 years to be a “real” Republican. That’s reasonable too.

But consider this. After 8 years of Ronald Reagan’s leadership, Rick Perry felt so strongly that Reagan’s policies needed to be reversed and that the country needed a new direction that he actually turned to Al ‘freakin” Gore. Yeah, that Al Gore who was, even then, talking about climate change. But Rick Perry didn’t just support Al Gore. Perry felt so strongly about Al Gore’s enlightened form of new Southern Democratic leadership that he signed up as Al’s top guy in Texas and leader of Texans for Al Gore. I’m no big Sonny fan but I don’t think Sonny ever led anything for Al Gore. I could be wrong.

Conservatives may disagree on a lot of things but on this core principle, most of us can probably agree: any candidate who didn’t vote for Reagan and embraced Al Gore for President is by definition NOT a Ronald Reagan conservative. You just can’t get there from there. The best way to move up the list of influential conservatives is to stop endorsing folks who ever tried to get Al Gore elected president.

4. Demonbeck says:

Imagine where you’d be Erick if you worked at the Chik-Fil-A in the Sloppy Floyd building instead of the one on Riverside! You’d be at least 38th on that list.

Hurdy geurdy bork bork bork!

5. IndyInjun says:

Boortz is really peeved.

He is so bombastic over the airwaves, he gets ignored.

Eric, good job, and you seem well on the way to proving me wrong about you.

But then I don’t ever read RedState……………..