State House Money Numbers

I’ve created a sheet showing the filings thusfar for contested State House races. I’m working on one for the Senate and I’ll update this one later as more people file.

Click here to see the file as a Google DOC. State House Candidates

1. Buzz, a suggestion. Do it as a read only Google Doc that way you don’t have to create the PDF. Make it read/write for you and read only for everyone else.

2. BuckheadConservative says:

Nice work, Buzz. Alex Kaufman and Matthew Dollar look pretty flush. Kaufman’s is mainly a loan, though. All spends the same, I assume.

3. ByteMe says:

Matthew Dollar looks like he could purchase himself 2, maybe 3, House seats. What’s up with that? And with all the supposed “anger” over the Gold Dome, why are these the only contested House races?

• 1magnoliapeach says:

He may have the money but sure doesn’t have the time/at least for constituients…..it took him a month to return my call.

• Mozart says:

“Money for nothing and the chicks are free” should have been about elected positions rather than rock n’ roll music bands. At least the rock n’ rollers have SOME kind of saleable talent outside of accepting bribes.

4. GOPGeorgia says:

FYI: PP Poster Jason Shepherd is doing well.

Shepherd Reports Over $16,000 Raised on First Disclosure

Jason Shepherd (R-Marietta), candidate for State House District 37, announced today that his campaign will report $16,019.87 raised during the reporting period that ended December 31, 2009.

“I am extremely humbled by the support our campaign has received,” said Shepherd. “With the state of the economy, we had just hoped to raise at least $10,000 by December 31. To exceed our goal by more than $6,000 shows that our message is really resounding among the grassroots.”

Shepherd’s campaign received 161 donations from 142 contributors over the 154 days since the campaign began.

“I have said from the beginning that this campaign will focus on the grassroots, and the grassroots has responded overwhelmingly to that pledge 161 times,” said Shepherd. “We have received contributions from as close as our next door neighbors to as far away as Iraq.”

“This will be a long and hard campaign,” said Shepherd. “But this first disclosure gives us a firm foundation to build from.”

Find out more at http://www.ShepforRep.com

• RuralDem says:

Nice amount. Though a quick glance at Buzz’s posting shows Johnson with almost a 4:1 CoH advantage.

The disclosure does give some nice momentum, though that CoH advantage is a bigger factor, imo.

• GOPGeorgia says:

You gotta show you can raise it before you really start to raise it when you are challanger. Now that he’s shown he can raise money, he should get even more. CoH is cash not spent building a campaign or getting your message out. Cash isn’t any good unless you spend it. Johnson has some saved, but Shep’s shown he can out earn.

5. RuralDem says:

“You gotta show you can raise it before you really start to raise it when you are challanger.”

The reason I mentioned it is because of the following:

“Grassroots Campaign Out-Raises Democrat Opponents Almost Two-to-One with Donations from Over 140 Contributors”

Shepherd has shown he can earn it. Common sense would say Johnson will take notice and do more after the session is over.

6. RuralDem says:

“Common sense will also say that Shepherd will raise money while Johnson is in session.”

Thanks for the legal lesson, but what’s your point?

• GOPGeorgia says:

I thought if you were going to try to give me a lesson in common sense….I’d give you one in common sense and law at the same time. Nobody expected Johnson to roll over and play dead.

• RuralDem says:

Thanks, but considering your first reply to me, the common sense statement was warranted. It’s great you’re defending a fellow Republican, but it’d be even better if you’d remove the blinders once in awhile 🙂

• GOPGeorgia says:

How did that song go? …..The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades….

• RuralDem says:

“Seriously, if your gonna try to rain on a parade, don’t complain when I pull out an umbrella.”

Technically, you’d be the one walking out with an umbrella waiting for it to rain. I mean, you did post first after all.

Blah.

• GOPGeorgia says:

I paraded Shepherds numbers and you started trying to rain on them. Me pointing out that you are “Captain Obvious” was my umbrella.

7. IndyInjun says:

Oh, I thought this Topic was about this….

Georgia home values slide, cutting tax receipts

A new report shows Georgia homeowners are projected to lose $13 billion in property values in the next two years.

said Georgia Watch Deputy Director Danny Orrock. “In order to combat future catastrophe, state legislators must enact standards on how the riskiest loans are written, an issue we’ll examine with the second part of this report.”

Another report showed revenues down $1.1 billion, with sales taxes down 20%.

What are candidates going to do about Georgia’s rank in mortgage fraud as shown in the MARI fraud center’s annual reports, which indicates this state has remained in the top 5 states for fraud for a decade?

• GOPGeorgia says:

Boo! hiss! thread jack! boring broken-record from a …..well I don’t feel like calling you names right now. You know what this thread is and you posted off topic on purpose.

• IndyInjun says:

If you want to call me an accurate name, try REPUBLICAN.

But then, you obviously don’t know what a REPUBLICAN is, because you support folks who are not Republicans.

Go look up “I am a Republican, because…….” compare it to the voting record of GOP officials and get back with me. I really do want to know WHAT they are, because it is 100% certain what they are not, by your own stated standards.

• GOPGeorgia says:

Give me your name that’s on a birth certificate and then I’ll bother to call you something. In the mean time, you aren’t worth the time. A man who can’t stand up and say my name is ________ and this what I believe isn’t worth carrying on a serious conversation with.