OX: Go Tech! Beat LSU!

My good friend John Oxendine asked me to pass along his “sincere” wishes that Georgia Tech destroy LSU in tonight’s Chick Fil A bowl.

Reaffirming his commitment to high moral standards, Ox said “you can’t spell ‘slut’ without L.S.U.’. Tech men are genetically chaste.”

Ummm. Consider this an open thread.

1. OceanEyes says:

Wow, that was a mean thing to say. If the man can’t respect other people’s opinion on a silly game, what makes people believe he’ll be open to other opinions too? I think it’s find that he’s rooting for Tech, but he didn’t need to be rude towards LSU fans.

2. birdfan says:

Am I missing something…Georgia Tech is playing Iowa in the Orange Bowl. The Tech – LSU in the Chick-fila bowl was last year.

3. HollyJ says:

PLEASE tell me this post is not a joke and that he really sent out that email!!!!!! PLEASE post it!!!!

4. Silent Outrage says:

Hey Ox maybe you can raffle off tickets to the Oscars to help raise money for your floundering campaign for Governor!

Special prize for best knock on Ox!!!

5. LoyaltyIsMyHonor says:

I have no children, so I really don’t care about GA schools. I’m not originally from GA, so I really don’t care if GA is the laughingstock of the USA. That said, even I can’t vote OX in for GA, it would just be bad for the US.

Of all the Republican candidates, this is the “best” Ga can come up with? Seriously? I guess we really do deserve Barnes part 2.

Disclosure: I’m voting for Chapman…yeah I know, I’m 1 of 10 right now, but it’s still early 🙂

• Ludwig Von Beachbum says:

You don’t expect the guys that start these hate Oxy spots to talk about a clean politician like Chapman do you ? They keep saying how we need one, how we need someone with higher than usual ethical standards and then they minimize and ignore him when they are in front of their face them.

• Icarus says:

As for Senator Chapman being in front of my face, I attended his home county’s GOP Shrimp Boil. Almost every candidate for Governor was there. Senator Chapman was not, and had no presence at the event.

I’ve been attending quite a few other events – nada.

There is no evidence that he is running a campaign, and thus, nothing to cover.

Everything I know about the man I both like and respect. But to pretend that everyone who says “I’m running for Governor” is on equal footing is ridiculous. To expect that someone who is invisible months after his entry into the race will receive treatment like he’s a contender is folly.

• Bucky Plyler says:

So then, if you’re not already working for another campaign…why don’t you call him up, meet him, & ask some questions. You won’t get him for the next two days because he’s in DC raising money.

• Ludwig Von Beachbum says:

Oh please!. I was a member of GOP Glynn. With what I know about the chair I wouldn’t have gone to his event either and as I recall your sacred cow wasn’t there.

The chairs first term saw the committee member resign and many left the party all together. You apparently know nothing about politics in Coastal Georgia or that the GOP Glynn chair right now makes Glynn Richards look like the Pope when it comes to ethics and playing the game in his favor.

• GOPGeorgia says:

@ Bucky,

A voters job is not to seek out the candidates and quiz them on where they stand on issues. A voters job is to vote.

A candidates job is to get a message to the voter that will compel that voter to vote for him (or her.) Let’s see if Chapman raises enough money to get his name out. The message will take even more money.

@ Ludwig,

I am friends with a former GOP Chairman of Glynn. I’ve heard it’s rough out there. However, you can excuse that one event. Chapman needs to do a lot more to be considered on the same status as Deal, OX, Karen, and Eric. Icarus has a valid point.

• Ludwig Von Beachbum says:

What would you suggest GOP GEORGIA ? Put a Reynolds on his campaign? Wreck a few state vehicles? Grab the ethics mantle AFTER Richardson made headlines? And Deal is circling the drain.

You are admitting to being friends with KG? 🙂 🙂

The guy that registered all his democrat liberal lawyer friends in the local GOP party on the day they elected him as chair….. 🙂 Shock they never came back after that. 🙂 The guy that has donated money to democrats.

• Bucky Plyler says:

So GOP.,.you have the same offer as Icky. Just let me know, I’m sure Jeff would like to talk to you!

• GOPGeorgia says:

Ludwig,

As far as I know, I don’t know KG. I am friends with a former Chairman; just not that one.

I suggest that Chapman hire a scheduler and start attending GOP county meetings, and hitting local media outlets. Maybe try a little earned media. Scott’s walk across Georgia maybe a little hokey, but it raised his name ID up a bit. He’s going to need a lot of money for a lot of mail, phone banks, newspaper ads, and more.

Anytime Jeff or any of the other candidates want to talk to me, my phone is on. I’m not hard to find.

• Mozart says:

“What you should not expect is that Peach Pundit will run a campaign for someone who doesn’t appear to be running one for himself.”

So, we should expect Peach Pundit to run a campaign for everyone who appears to be running a campaign for him/herself?

That explains the Karen herd. When will PP start running a campaign (on an equal time basis) for The Ox, The Johnson, The McBerry, The Deal, and The Scott campaigns, who all appear to be running?

6. Can we PLEASE get Government to do something about our Global Cooling problem! I’m freezing. I mean, it’s ridiculous that we allow people to have so many house plants and trees in their yards. How about if we devise a system to impose a tax on Ice House gases like Oxygen and Hydrogen… If we don’t do something, soon, we’re all doomed.

• LoyaltyIsMyHonor says:

I wouldn’t ask for that if I were you. He screwed up the prayer for rain and we ended up with all that flooding around metro Atlanta. I hate to think what would happen if he sets up a prayer for increased solar activity. The Earth will probably break from its orbit and go hurtling toward the Sun.

7. Technocrat says:

Just wait until you see the various campaign financial disclosures.
    As he and we curl our fingers and blow on them. Talent shows itself.

8. bartsimpsonisdaman says:

Move the trailers in to West Paces. I hear there are rumblings that his ex-wife’s husband may enter the Lt. Guboners race. Bring them family values to da people.

Vote Barnes! He’s ugly as hell but he knows how to keep his pants on.

• GOPGeorgia says:

Bart,

What will you say the day that Roy forgets to wear a belt? I’m NOT implying anything sexual or inappropriate, other than his pants might fall for lack of a belt.

9. Technocrat says:

Since I’m 6 weeks older than Roy, I won’t comment on the forget part. Everyone knows the safe thing is to wear suspenders and a belt just in case.
    Roy weighs more than a half bale of cotton so cut him some slack.

10. drjay says:

well, since this is an open thread i will use the space to complain about the baseball hof election process, don’t understand how someone can be 5th all time in strikeouts and still not get the call…