MacGinnitie Says Nothing Has Changed; To Remain In Race For Secretary Of State

A welcome statement from Doug MacGinnitie:

“I entered this race nearly a year ago because I think the office of the Secretary of State is vitally important, and I know that I can serve Georgia and add value in that position for the next four years. I certainly respect the Governor’s decision making process, but his decision has not changed the reasons I entered the race. I would like to thank the Republican grassroots and statewide business community for their countless calls of encouragement and support over the weekend – they have been humbling and motivating. I welcome Jim Cole to the primary process and look forward to seeing him on the campaign trail.” – Doug MacGinnitie

• Ken in Eastman says:

Yeah, we have trouble with some four syllable words that Dems lovingly embrace: socialism, communism, bureaucracy, protectionism, pacifism, progressivism, and Chappaquiddick.

Oh, and here’s a twofer phrase: “community organizer”.

Of course you guys can’t say, “War on Terror”, “Radical Islamists”, “marginal tax cuts”, “illegal aliens”, “political correctness”, and “Big Brother” (unless it’s a TV show).

1. gopgal says:

We need fresh, new ideas in state government. MacGinnitie’s business and legal background clearly make him the most qualified candidate for the office Secretary of State.

This statement shows he’s “in it to win it.”

2. BuckheadConservative says:

Welcome to the race, Jim. I’m sure Brain and Doug would have loved to had you a year ago.

3. Fawkes says:

A breath of fresh air. I admire Doug for sticking to his guns, planting his feet, and staying in this race. The Secretary of State seat should not be taken lightly and certainly doesn’t need a candidate that has been placed there by a lame duck Governor.

I’m glad to hear that MacGinnitie is staying in. He has held my support since the beginning and now has more of my respect for staying true to what he believes to be a valuable and viable race.

Go Doug!

4. Junius says:

Kudos to Doug. He would make a highly competent and ethical SOS and a much needed break from the Gold Dome crowd.

5. Lawton Sack says:

Doug did a perfect job with his statement in a very imperfect situation. He’s shown respect while still showing a desire to win this election. I applaud his decision to stay in this race, as many others have done and will continue to do.