Jenny Hodges Responds to McBerry

Jenny has responded.

Dear Friends,

No doubt you are rather shocked at the news which Ray sent out to the McBerry campaign. I was in fact fired. For the past several weeks, some things have unfolded such that I was very heavy hearted and not wanting to continue in my role. The product which I had signed on to sell no longer existed. I was torn because I didn’t want to let y’all down but I wasn’t sure if I would do that by staying or going. Today Ray made that decision for me.

I look forward to continuing to advance life and liberty. I’m thankful for the opportunities I’ve had to serve with all of you. I know that we will continue to strive together in the cause of freedom.

Love, Jenny

It is better to deal with God directly than with His saints. French Proverb

• Jack Smith says:

It speaks volumes about what politics has degenerated to that we’re packaging “products” rather than supporting candidates.

• Jeff says:

She means that McBerry has genuinely been getting better about not going off the deep end every two seconds.

I think his record is currently up to about 20 min or so, which means if he is giving a 10-15 min stump speech he may actually be able to come off quite well!

If Jenny had her way, he couldn’t speak an entire sentence without going off the deep end.

• Doug Deal says:

I was just using her term. I am sure she was using it as a metaphor. It would be a very boring world without figures of speech and just people speaking literally.

• Jack Smith says:

Unfortunately, if it was a metaphor, it’s all too close to reality. In an age of poll-testing, triangulation, Morris, Carville, Axelrod and Plouffe, it’s hard to imagine that Jenny either wasn’t speaking literally or had a Freudian slip.

1. Life and Liberty says:

grrr. I do not like the iPhone optimized PP :/
    I meant to type “Festivus”, and it should have posted *here*.

That being said, and in the spirit and tradition of ‘Airing of Grievances’…
    as a McBerry volunteer who has eaten more than a meal or 2 with all parties involved, I did really genuinely believe our team to be a *Family* that moved like an army.
    That such a rift has formed in our family is truly discouraging to me, no matter how I look at it. It is a setback for the cause of individual Liberty.
    As I watch this happen, I have to wonder- how much of this is just an issue of ego and pride? I know- the stakes are huge, and I certainly do not understand all the nuance of politics. Hell, I might be being played *right now*, but I do know that I am here for such a time as this. I will not bend. I just don’t look too forward to 2 Christmas dinners :/

• sonofliberty says:

… may be iPhone optimized PP…..but I can no longer access “comments” ….or post a comment on my Blackberry Bold…….please fix….breve tempore!!

• Game Fan says:

L& L
      I wouldn’t sweat it. Seriously. Just stick to your guns (whatever they are) and let the free market decide. Like I’ve said, the McBerry camp is going to contain lots of diverse folks since he’s “unauthorized”. That’s just the way it is. This is no problem once you ditch the “control” mentality.

• Game Fan says:

Now how the heck does this get a “thumbs down”? I thought that was conservatism/representative government 101. In fact the only way someone would “change” their own beliefs to match the “candidate” is if they didn’t believe in much to begin with. And folks, Game Fan’s beliefs haven’t changed much since ’06. But I have made a slight adjustment to my feelings about rollerblading after seeing this video.

2. It seems like there’s a juicy scandal here, and I’m TRYING to care… but it’s kind of like watching Argentina vs. Estonia competing against each other in Olympic archery.

3. Ken Stepp says:

Always a sad day when a dream dies. I wish Jenny well. I do not believe this will make a difference in McBerry’s run. He isn’t pulling out of the “back pack”. This seems like a 3 person race. I would bet (if I liked gambling) that it comes down to Handel and Oxendine anyway. Watch the headlines & news. They will be the fuel to change the numbers. It will boil down to who has the least trash in their past between Deal & Oxendine. Leaving Handel room to run. The question is ,will it be enough ? Should be fun to watch.