Rep. Ed Lindsey is the new Majority Whip.

Lindsey defeated Lunsford.

Caucus Meeting adjorns without taking action against Keen.

• Ken in Eastman says:

I believe if there is a large enough petition to open up a position then the caucus can vote on members for that position and possibly elect a replacement.

I didn’t think that would happen today, but I was hoping it would.

• Life and Liberty says:

my understanding was that it was delivered to the new speaker immediately upon closure of the meeting. FWIW, Ralston did sign the petition.
        Far as I know, the only one of the 2 former leaders who are still in power who has a target on thier respective head is Keen. He has a week to resign or face an ugly vote.

Dunno why the same scrutiny isn’t being applied to Jones, who somehow seems to have gotten promoted for her efforts.

1. Goldwater Conservative says:

Excellent. Congrats to Rep. Lindsey.

My plan is working, now I just have to lobby him to propose some retroactive tax breaks on land purchases I made two years ago.

I hereby declare my candidacy for Governor.

2. legaldriver says:

The consensus (at least on this board) re: the Georgia House’s election of a new Speaker and governance team seems to be that members “listened to their constituents” and “chose wisely.”

If true, then it’s also a positive omen for citizen iniatives — particularly in Gwinnett County where voters currently are working to recall Commission Chairman Charles Bannister and member Shirley Lasseter.

3. South Fulton Guy says:

Unbelievable that with all of the legislative priorities that the citizens of Georgia have, Jan Jones has taken the Miltonite torch/baton from Mark Burkhalter to advocate now statewide that we should split Fulton County.

Her duty is now to all the electors in Georgia, not just a small fringe group in North Fulton that wants to split off from Fulton County.

It is unlikely that an Obama Civil Right Justice Department that prevents GA from ensuring that voters are US Citizens, will let them split Fulton into a Majority White and Affluent North County and a Majority Black and no as affluent South County.

Items like splitting the school system, unraveling the bonds, MARTA and Grady funding along are insurmountable in a vain attempt for so-called potential financial efficiencies that will never come about.

We need to focus on ethics, transportation, water and private sector jobs, not waste political capital on a session movement that will not prevail.

• jtimmons says:

I agree 100% about the Fulton County split…but it appears the that the S. Fulton delegation has “signed-on” to the proposal. The Mayor-elect was fully on board this past year. Hmmm…the N. Fultonites get free of their “tax-burden” and the S. Fultonites become beholden to the City of Atlanta for everything…now that sounds like a winner.