Keen survives?

December 11, 2009 14:11 pm

by Buzz Brockway · 19 comments

From the AJC’s Aaron Gould Sheinin:

Update 1:23 p.m.: The House caucus confab has broken up and members made for the door fairly quickly. The headlines: The caucus will meet next Thursday to vote for their choice of speaker and speaker pro tem and will elect majority whip.

The choices for speaker and speaker pro tem will go before the full House in January.

Also, an effort from Rep. John Lunsford (R-McDonough), one of the candidates for majority whip to open up all the caucus officer positions for election apparently fell short. Lunsford’s motion would also put the caucus chair and majority leader up for a vote next week. Lunsford, however, said his effort isn’t dead and he’ll keep trying to get the necessary votes.

SouthPeach December 11, 2009 at 2:17 pm

If the Caucus allows Keen to stay in…they do NOT want change!

AthensRepublican December 11, 2009 at 2:27 pm

Surely, the caucus can force a vote on the Majority Leader.

Bill Greene December 11, 2009 at 2:38 pm

The entire leadership team MUST GO.

BillonCapitolHill December 11, 2009 at 2:54 pm

Not a good sign for the republicans

Chris December 11, 2009 at 2:54 pm

If Keen wants to be Minority Leader, he can.

bartsimpsonisdaman December 11, 2009 at 3:11 pm

Damn Bill, I want your job. I don’t think some of these cats ever work. Know wonder all you blow hards are chasin skirts and drinkin whiskey.

Damn know it alls. You scare the hell out of me.

Party on dudes.

flyonthewall December 11, 2009 at 3:28 pm

okay…what exactly was accomplished today? Everyone already knew that those 3 were running for speaker. I’m sure Bill Hembree and the other guys have made their personal phone calls to everyone in the GA letting them know. So, other than the date being changed….what? Oh I know…..

I think this was a way for the “Good Ole Boy” politicians to get a feel for how many arms they are going to have to start twisting to get the votes they need keep their gravy train chuggin’ along.

Let the blackmale begin……..

flyonthewall December 11, 2009 at 3:32 pm

FYI: of ALL that are listed for Speaker. BILL HEMBREE is the man for the job!

flyonthewall December 11, 2009 at 4:12 pm

For those that don’t agree: I would love to hear your feedback on why you disagree with my comment that BILL HEMBREE would make a great Speaker. Maybe you know something that I don’t know about him.

AthensRepublican December 11, 2009 at 5:21 pm

Of the names announced, I prefer David Ralston. Solid life-long Republican with a manner that would be well suited in leadership. I have more familiarity with Ralston.

Bill Hembree is also a good candidate though. I have met him on occasion and he comes across well. He represents an area in which I used to live but I moved from there before he ran for the House seat. People I still keep in contact in that area hold Bill in high regard. I am glad both these gentlemen have stepped up and offered their service.

I do not think O’Neal is a bold move in the right direction.

BillonCapitolHill December 11, 2009 at 4:17 pm

Well anyone that spells their name with all caps seems a little cocky to me

ByteMe December 11, 2009 at 4:18 pm

Or just lowercase challenged.

flyonthewall December 11, 2009 at 4:50 pm

What does capital letters have to do with anything? bill hembree represents a stark change from status quo. I have seen here and in other places that O’NEAL has said that as long as the job gets done, he’s not concerned with the misdeeds. Does that sound like someone that will change the direction of our elected officials? NO or I mean no. :)

AthensRepublican December 11, 2009 at 5:24 pm

I agree with flyonthewall. O’Neal comments have been disturbing. I read he had been down sick with the flu. Has anyone given O’Neal a briefing of the events that have unfolded in the last 2 weeks?

Ken in Eastman December 11, 2009 at 5:36 pm

I fear Larry O’Neal just doesn’t get it. His ill-advised comments seem to bear that out.

It’s not the time for a person who wants to just get along with others. We need someone to set high standards and be a leader.

bartsimpsonisdaman December 11, 2009 at 6:16 pm

To hell with the speaker. We want beer and women!!

Party on dudes.
Vote Barnes, even though he’s boring.

IndyInjun December 11, 2009 at 10:31 pm

I might very well end up voting for Barnes, if the GOP selects Ox or Deal.

With Johnson, the edge goes to him, but he best not mess up during the campaign.

Scott or Handel keep me voting ‘R’

Making Sense December 12, 2009 at 12:30 am

Any candidate for Governor w/ ethical problems is a bad idea to nominate for Governor. They will just end up losing the General Election and Barnes will have just enough of a narative to ride back into the Mansion.

Wisen up GOP.

Comments on this entry are closed.

{ 1 trackback }