Dear Republicans

From my vantage point, it is pretty simple. You don’t get to champion the impeachment of the President of the United States and a decade later hide behind it being “just sex.”

When the state police, staffers, and lobbyists start spilling the beans about the state resources consumed to hide what you were doing and foster what you were doing, you will be toast.

It is never about “just sex”.

1. Doug Deal says:

If these guys were just single and not using state resource to secure sexual favors, I say have at it. But they are not.

One of the disqualifiers for having security clearance is having anything that someone can blackmail you with to make you susceptible to being a security leak. Can’t legislatures also be so pressured?

Since they are not openly parading their mistresses around in public and telling their wives about them, they are obviously afraid of these affairs coming out. Besides the fact that anyone who would screw over his family is a good bet for screwing over the taxpayers, how about the pressure that could then be brought to bear on these legislators?

2. I know this was addressed to R’s… but I thought the President was impeached for Perjury and therefore, thought I should make this point:

Private indiscretions with a fan/staffer/paid professional is not the same thing as a lobbyist/employee/provided professional of a company with business before an elected leader… or using ones position of power to coerce “sexual favors.” There is a difference. During the GOP house cleaning… please try not to create more divisive extremist socon positions that muddy the waters of the proper role of government.

Policing Ethics violations and fitness for office is not cause for creating “The Republican Morality Caucus” or the “Department of the Who is sleeping with Whom.”

I beg you… please stay calm, focused and rational. ( I usually save that line for some of our “activist.” 😉 )

3. IndyInjun says:

WOW, Erick, just wow….

I think I am reassessing my opinion of you.++++

We are about 6 months from qualifying and entirely too many Republican incumbents don’t seem to be getting primary opposition despite the biggest FAIL in USA history. Maybe you can fire up some folks into running.

Yeah, Daniel, the lube for trysts back home is KY Jelly, but the lube for GA members with their lobbyist-supplied women is MY Money.

Why am I suddenly identifying with Lorena Bobbit?

4. Ludwig Von Beachbum says:

Sex as it relates to politicians has always been the gate to a bigger dark side. Correct, it has never always been about sex.

I have more respect for Richardsons wife than I do for a lot of politicians wives who have stood by the cheater in front of the camera.

But for the sake of honesty I would like to hear one of these women say they met their man naked at the front door with a quart of Jack Daniels often. I mean Glenn’s wife was very attractive. If she had done that or been servicing the account regularly and I was her man, I damn sure would have stayed on the porch.

• GodHatesTrash says:

You’re sure right. It don’t take much to keep your typical Republican man happy.

Heck, a gloryhole in the airport men’s room will usually do the trick.

• umustbekidding says:

wow, just wow.
      So spin it so it is the wife’s fault. You must be a politician.
      A cheater is a cheater no matter what.

• ByteMe says:

Moi? Attack you, Indy?? Seriously??? We certainly disagree on some things (especially the use of capitalization 🙂 ), but no attacks that I’m aware of.

I go after Doug because I think he’s part of the problem I want to see fixed.

• GOPGeorgia says:

I don’t want to be fixed. I may still want children some day. I would argue that I am part of the solution because I see things that are going on and try to change them from the inside.

Other than comment, what have you done to try to change things?

• ByteMe says:

Yep, things are certainly “changing” with your help, huh? Everything seems so much clear now! Secret meetings, almost the entire elected part of the party getting some strange on the side while professing “family values”, sucking up to corporate teets while screwing the average taxpayer. Yep, you’ve made a world of difference there, Doug.

Why on earth, in the face of your clear incompetency, would I need to actually life a finger to do more than snark at you until you realize how hopeless your party is and why it’s never going to be more than a regional force only where mass-public education is so terrible that there aren’t enough people left to think clearly about that “full feeling” in their butt that is coming from the government run by Republicans?

• GOPGeorgia says:

Byte,

There occasionally comes a time when you are not worth responding to. You have a broad brush and are out to paint the GOP a certain way. In reality, you are a little kid (regardless of your age) throwing rocks at people you don’t know and don’t like with nothing to offer.

• ByteMe says:

You’re right: I’m throwing rocks at politicians I don’t know, don’t want to know, and don’t like how they screw the taxpayers.

And I’m throwing rocks at you for being a tool and selling your soul out to them for a place at the table.

• GOPGeorgia says:

I am curious as to what you think I’ve gained. A seat at the table? One I have to drive over 100 miles to and from? My involvement with the GOP is all volunteer and I consider it a form of public service. I could care less about titles, but occasionally you have to get one to do something. I’m not a tool, I am a worker and there is a difference. Apparently you are nothing.

At least you are admitting you are doing nothing but complaining.

• ByteMe says:

So that’s the best “logic” you got? “Because you’re not part of the problem, you must not be part of the solution”? LOL!

• GOPGeorgia says:

My logic is that between the two of us I am trying to do something and you are admittedly just complaining. All is that is required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are a good man.

5. jimthink says:

Whats the deal about leaving out Speaker Richardson’s Retaliation Bill against AGL. Jeff May, who was escorted around the capitol by Richardson’s girl sure helped him sponsor the legislation to cause some pain for the firing of Richardsons girl….Why have Mr. Mays ambitious acts been forgotten? ……………follow, follow, follow, follow,…follow the speakers role…..

6. JasonW says:

The difference here is 10 years ago, President Clinton, whom you were referring to, committed a felony by lying to a federal judge. Thats what he was impeached for. The GOP didn’t champion the impeachment for the sexual act (although they could have and probably gotten the same results), he was impeached for the perjury.

• It was the President’s defense team that kept saying it was “just about sex.”

The irony is that Paula Jones’s attorneys were allowed to ask the President about past “relationships” due to a change in the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure that before then would not have allowed those questions. It was Clinton who lobbied for and signed the new rule.

7. IndyInjun says:

Instead of AGL or GP furnishing the whores, do y’all think that we might be best served to built a whorehouse annex onto the capital?

Out of respect for GOP ‘standards’ it could even be contracted out.