Allow me an apology

It has come to my attention that there is only one female “communications staffer” in the State Capitol. My post before was in no way intended to reflect this individual. It was supposed to be a non-specific example that sadly was not.

Even worse, I managed to prove my own point. Blowback from these antics will cause good people will refrain from getting involved – not only as elected officials, but also as the more critical staffers.

1. Georgia Judge says:

This is what happens when people rush to make statements without a proper and responsible thought process, before they sound off,which unfortunately happens way too often on the front page of this blog.

2. edmund says:

I can think of at least two female communications staffers at the Capitol. Can we start a counter at the top of the front page with all the mistakes and retractions you guys manage to rack up?

3. Georgia Judge says:

Buzz,
    It has nothing to do with a “life free of misunderstandings” but more about measure twice cut once……..

4. Briardawg says:

Your posting privileges should be revoked; making such unfounded, dumb, irresponsible, and hurtful allegations–even in jest and without malicious intent–lack any sort of decency. While its good you did apologize, the perception of any adulterous or nefarious behavior cannot simply be erased or redacted. Capitol staff are entitled to more courtesy than you have bestowed.

5. ByteMe says:

Chris, you should have made the example gender-neutral so we could picture a male communications staffer with… Ewww. Never mind.

6. Holly says:

I’m assuming that all the thumbs downs for Briardawg and GeorgiaJudge are because there are people who think it’s a good idea to make unfounded accusations? Wow.

By no means should Chris be thrown off the front page. He’s an intelligent guy, though sometimes I think he’s a bit misguided. 🙂

However, I’m going to hope that since he singled out (by accident) one of the sweetest, most honest women in public service to our state, he’ll think a little harder about throwing around words that can end up hurting a person more than he means to.

7. Game Fan says:

“Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark egg on your face!…I sort of forget what I was talking about.”

– Moss from The It Crowd