Attention Oxendine Sock Puppets

I would like to return your attention to this comment:

Icarus October 20, 2009 at 10:52 am

When Kasim Reed wins the mayors race, please remember that he spent most of his campaign in 3rd place among the three major candidates.

Just don’t try to tell the Ox folks that polls a year out or even 2 months out don’t matter. It’s all they have, so please let them cling to it a little longer.

Sure, it’s anecdotal, but it is the point I’ve been trying to make to you for almost a year now. The polls today don’t matter. Each campaign is actively working on the front end of raising money and getting the backing of key grass roots supporters. The ground game won’t begin for months, and there will be game changing events along the way.

One of these game changing events for the Governor’s race is in the process of occuring now. I would hate to have a campaign money laundering case before the State Ethics Commission, or a complaint before the Congressional Ethics Committee, when the election for Governor just became about Republican ethics courtesy of the House of Representatives. Unfortunately, this will not be the first of these revelations between now and the primary, and they will not be contained to the House.

Vet your candidates carefully, the scrutiny they will endure will be like none before.

1. John Konop says:

Does the Richardson saga highlight ethic issues for candidates or for voters does it create they are all bad and who cares about ethics what is it in for me?

2. Game Fan says:

If McBerry supporters can learn from some of us “Paulistas” (of course there’s all kinds, many actually FROM the left.) and since he’s the biggest Constitutionalist in the race, then why fight for table scraps among the typical Republican voting blocs, when in reality Constitutionalism is more “big tent” anyway? So, in other words, they ain’t gonna get far IMHO by playing nice, and making friends and never criticizing fraud and corruption, never criticizing big corporations, lobbyists, ect… In fact, a little “appeal to the left” (or “left” as defined by today’s standards) would get a lot of mileage. For example, Jenny’s anti-Monsanto stuff is like political gold both with small farmers and some of the “Manuel’s” crowd too.

• rugby says:

I haven’t seen it have you? And until he proves it, then I can’t be certain he’s even American. Matter of fact, I haven’t seen him in person, so I have no idea if he is real or not.

• John Konop says:

Bill Greene

I have a copy not an original which was computer generator from my birth state. Are you saying anyway in that situation should not vote, run for office, fly on plan, get a driver license, passport……?

• Harry says:

It would just be nice to see a Certificate of Live Birth showing the name of the hospital where Obama was born, the name of the attending physician, the time of birth, maybe a footprint, etc. Such details are not on Obama’s “computer generated” birth certificate.

• John Konop says:

Harry,

I like you but the facts are the facts.

….The certificate has all the elements the State Department requires for proving citizenship to obtain a U.S. passport: “your full name, the full name of your parent(s), date and place of birth, sex, date the birth record was filed, and the seal or other certification of the official custodian of such records.” The names, date and place of birth, and filing date are all evident on the scanned version, and you can see the seal above.

The document is a “certification of birth,” also known as a short-form birth certificate. The long form is drawn up by the hospital and includes additional information such as birth weight and parents’ hometowns. The short form is printed by the state and draws from a database with fewer details. The Hawaii Department of Health’s birth record request form does not give the option to request a photocopy of your long-form birth certificate, but their short form has enough information to be acceptable to the State Department. We tried to ask the Hawaii DOH why they only offer the short form, among other questions, but they have not given a response.

…. In late July, a researcher looking to dig up dirt on Obama instead found a birth announcement that had been published in the Honolulu Advertiser on Sunday, Aug. 13, 1961:…

• Bill Greene says:

Yes I am, John. I believe you were born in Kenya, and your name is really Jomo Kenyatta (nice try hiding behind your initials). You should be immediately deported.

(ask a dumb question…)

• Game Fan says:

John
            Using factcheck.org to defend Obama is like getting the fox to guard the henhouse. I mean really. I’m saying this as a kind-hearted gesture to folks who keep going back to this website for “fair and balanced”. I’d advise against it. IMHO bloggers worth their salt will laugh this stuff off the screen. Really.

• macho says:

I’m know some of this is jest, but is it really that unreasonable, when it’s a Constitutional requirement to be President, and one of your parents was a foreign national, to want to see a birth certificate?

That being said, Obama did release a birth certificate, certified by the State of Hawaii, so I’ve never understood what the problem is. Is it original, no, but my original birth certificate is long gone as well.