David Adelman nominated for Singapore ambassador

Being out of town, we’ve fallen down on the job and failed to metion this big news.

David Adelman has been nominated Ambassador to Singapore. Congrats to him. The Senate GOP is probably breathing a sigh of relief. Adelman’s a sharp one.

1. kyleinatl says:

Senator Adelman is a friend and all around great guy. While I’ll miss him at the Gold Dome, I can’t help but be very excited for him.

2. B Balz says:

Sen. Adelman is a friend to those with few friends, a moderate that made a difference, and one whose personal values as a person helped keep him well above the muck and mire of the Great Game.

Best to you, Sen. Adelman, you will be missed by those who wear orange!

• macho says:

I think Adelman is a class act and I’m genuinely happy for him, but Emory / druid hills doesn’t elect, and Obama doesn’t appoint, moderates.

3. Clint Austin says:

Ran into Sen. Adelman at the Georgia game last night and congratulated him on a well-deserved appointment. While I might find myself disagreeing with him politically in some ways, I have always found him to be the consummate professional and gentlemen. He’ll make a solid representative of our country.

4. macho says:

I don’t mean to go off topic, because I really like Adleman, but I’m constantly amazed at how liberals don’t really think of themselves as liberals.

I guess if you think of yourself as a moderate, or the people you like as moderates, it puts you in the middle of the bell curve, and therefore the comfort of numbers gives you a false belief of sensibility. Also, when you’re part of the minority party it’s easier to be “moderate” since you’re usually united in opposition to the majority party. You’re unable to vote on a legislation meaningful to your own party’s platform, so you’re never voting on the nuances the separate a moderate democrat or liberal democrat. Plus, when Murphy headed things he kept a lid on the traditional Democrat issues: government funded abortion, driver’s licenses for illegal aliens, gay rights, affirmative action, etc…

• Icarus says:

The problem these days with politics is that everyone sees themselves as the center, and it’s not just a “liberal” delusion.

Ask any Ray McBerry supporter if they represent the true center, and you’ll soon discover that this is not exclusive to the left or the right.

• LoyaltyIsMyHonor says:

…And now that I’ve watched the last NFL game….To answer your original question; Anyone to the left of the Waffen SS in this state is considered a “liberal.”

Then again, Herbert Gille wouldn’t have voted for SB32 or for the so-called “super speeder” bill.

Funny, that people who are NOT conservatives, think that they ARE conservatives…only in Georgia.