1. Romegaguy says:

Did he help the troops build some boat ramps? If the Iraqis had boat ramps and fishing tournaments then democracy would flourish

2. South Fulton Guy says:

At times the contempt some show for elected officials never ceases to amaze me.

I am not sure what purpose it serves, or how it improves our lot in GA, but it brings to mind those species that eat their own young.

• Joshua Morris says:

No matter what one does as an elected official, some people are going to make fun, call names, and read lots of falsehoods into any action. That just goes with the territory anymore. Why do you think so many talented, capable people out there won’t run?

I’m not against having some fun occasionally at a politician’s expense, but sometimes the constant barrage gets tiring.

• ByteMe says:

On this, we agree. There are many opportunities to throw rocks at politicians. Doing it for this is unnecessary.

3. Debra says:

I guess he needs this experience for his 2012 Vice Presidential or maybe Presidential campaign. How many of our hard earned tax dollars are being blown up a wild hogs butt on this trip! Purdue is the perfect example of why true conservatives should never vote for a RINO!!!!!!!!

4. Debra says:

“From Iraq, Perdue will travel to Dubai for the Dubai Air Show, where a number of Georgia firms are vendors and where he said he will meet with potential economic devleopment prospects”

Yep, lots and lots of money being spent on this little trip. Potential Economic Development Prospects my Aunt Nellie.

5. Mad Dog says:

I liked the first comment on this thread. Leave his azz over there.
    A man like him with his vast abilities should thrive in the rivers of government give-a-ways.

So, Repubs don’t want him back. Dems are glad he’s gone.

I don’t seem to have anything to add to that.

6. The Wonderer says:

I wonder:

Were the troops excited to see Sonny Perdue or did some of them volunteer to go out on recon when they found out he was coming?