1. GOPGeorgia says:

For those who want to find out more about those running for congress in the Ninth almost all at one time in a live setting, I have a treat for you.

On November 10, 2009 8 of the 9 announced candidates will be attending a fund raiser for the Walker County GOP as the featured speakers. It is called the 2009 Victory Dinner. Come celebrate the wins in NJ and VA.

It will be from 7 to 9 PM at the Walker County Civic Center, and press will be present, so those attending should behave.

Dinner will be served and bring at least $15. Oh yes, I forgot, there will be a straw poll for all statewide offices, congress, and 2012 Presidential candidates.

If interested in attending, email me at [email protected].

2. Icarus says:

Walker County protects the rest of us from touching Dade county, and us from touching them. It deserves a Nobel much more than Obama.

• Ramblinwreck says:

We’ve tried to leave the state of Georgia 3 times and they won’t let us. We didn’t re-enter the union “officially” till after VE day in 1945. We’re an independent, stubborn bunch.

3. Icarus says:

As for Tom Dooley, I wrote about him here a few days back. Same piece I suggested it might be a good idea for Georgians to stay out of New York Politics.

Tom’s a good man, and sincere. He admits some of his ideas are “out there”. The ability for anyone to promote their ideas, no matter how outside the box, is one of the things that makes this country great.

• Game Fan says:

People taking an interest in other areas is one of the “unintended consequences” of the internet. While I like to keep tabs in certain areas, overall I’d be opposed to any ham-fisted attempts by national organizations or politicians to impose their will in other areas.

• Goldwater Conservative says:

Who cares. The results will be different in different parts of the country.

There are more bigots in the GA-9 than in the NY-23. Furthermore, the NY-23 was only R+1…not a highly safe conservative or republican seat.

You should stop reading only that which agrees with your world view or confirms your own prophecies…that actually goes for all right wingers.

• Goldwater Conservative says:

Oh yeah, let the conservatives run the GOP. The democratic party will hold a firm majority for several generations given that situation.

You need a majority to govern. So long as the Dems stay in the middle, and yes they are in the middle right now, they will hold Congress and the WH for as long as you wish.

• GOPGeorgia says:

GC,

I don’t care what color or ethnicity you are, I take umbrage to the bigot comment. The people who see terms of in just back and white are most likely to be bigots themselves. Someone needs to teach you some manners.

4. TomDooley says:

As for my wild ideas, Have you heard any other candidate that has put out any specific idea on any issue. Yes my ideas are wild, but at one time people thought the world was flat. And when else in history has our nation been under attack from within and without of the borders.
    It is time to think outside of the box instead of the same old worn out box.

5. Goldwater Conservative says:

Yeah, sorry Mr. Dooley…but being specific in an electoral environment only alienates people. Those seeking reelection must be vauge enough to capture the votes required to win office.

How much money have you raised so far?

6. TomDooley says:

That is why our country is in the shape it is in. Because it is all about the office not the country! What can they do for me! If We truly want our country back then people need to look for those who have the ideas and motivation and will not back down. Politics as usual will only bring you what we have, a Congress who shreds the constitution. It is time for people to say what they mean and mean what they say.