Quote Of The Year

Let’s face it. Though Kellie Weeks, Jay Melvin, and Jeff Sexton have done their best to keep us entertained during this off-year election, the news has been fairly quiet.

Even the City Of Atlanta races have been unusually dull. Until Today.

Thank you, Mary Norwood (via Thomas Wheatley) for this gem:

Just because you did cocaine once doesn’t make you an addict.

Discuss.

1. Icarus says:

This proves she’s not a Republican. Few Republicans are hip enough to watch the Daily Show. Even fewer are willing to crib Robert Wexler’s lines from it.

2. ChuckEaton says:

I think Mary should have ignored the whole thing. At most she should have continued to stress her independent status in a non-partisan race. Her attempts at distancing herself from the GOP are getting absurd and inflamatory.

I know that running as a Republican isn’t going to win any city elections, but I’m starting to think a membership in NAMBLA would be viewed more favorably than one in the GOP.

3. I don’t think those people needed to blast that robocall to Republicans. Norwood is suppressing whatever GOP votes she might have received just fine by all by herself.

• Sleepy Tom says:

If Atlanta GOP voters “stayed home” because they were mad at Norwood, that just proves they are masochists that love getting beaten over the head with government operations based solely on what color you are.

4. Clone Of B. Plyler says:

Just because you think you’re the best thing since sliced bread doesn’t make you creative either.

5. Clone Of B. Plyler says:

But because you will eat nobody’s meat loaf but your momma’s…well then, that makes you discerning.

6. Mad Dog says:

Just because you …

Dang I wish I had something cool to end that sentence.

Let’s predict her next quote. “Just because I tried it once doesn’t mean I liked it.”

Or did she already say that about GOP conventions?

“I didn’t snort.”

7. strident_hack says:

The real quote of the year that will ultimately cost MN the run-off is this
    “I voted for Barak Obama, John Kerry, Al Gore, Bill Clinton and Ross Perot . . .” This quote may likely have capped her vote totals at 46%.

Many in-town conservatives who were willing to support MN simply because she had survived and prospered in the cess pool of Atlanta racial politics will now be forced to face up to the reality that she is a bit of a flake who has demonstrated poor judgment in selecting candidates in crtical leadership postions. If she will throw us under the bus to respond to a “trap allegation” to get elected, will she be equally likely to throw our concerns under the same MARTA bus to deal with a liberal council?

• GOPGeorgia says:

If I had a vote, I’d give it to Norwood over Reed. Neither may be what you want, but it’s what you have to choose from. Which one will do the least damage/best job?