Peach Pundit Road Show Returns

O.K., since Kellie can’t keep a secret, we’re going to open up the Peach Pundit Road Show happy hour to anyone. And by anyone, I mean we’ll invite Jason Shepherd too. Thanks Kellie.

We’ll be gathering for a Happy Hour in North Metro Atlanta. We’re willing to consider suggestions for a location, but right now we’re tentatively set for Five Seasons Brewing at The Prado, (Roswell Rd @ I-285).

For those of you in Macon, we’re still planning on having an event down there soon. We’ll just have to wait until we can find a day where our schedule allows for early Atl departure and Erick is in town. That’s proving hard to do.

Thus, Peach Pundit Happy Hour: Thursday, November 19th. Five Seasons Brewing, 5:30 until whenever.

As usual, we hope to see most of you there. Others, not so much.

Consider this your Friday OPEN THREAD:

1. Joshua Morris says:

Pity. I’ll be in The East of England. Maybe I can find my way over to Bird in Hand pub in Mildenhall and join you in spirit.

2. Technocrat says:

“Because of our horrific overpopulation and exhaustion of our planet and its resources, we have entered into a period of chronic, massive, global stress, and it’s made us all crazy, like rats in a lab fighting over the last few scraps of food. We’ve stopped listening to ourselves and started looking for saviours — ‘leaders’ and ‘experts’ to show us and tell us what to do.”

“It’s all veneer. Beneath each $2000 suit, behind all the swagger, from the boardroom to the office of the commander in chief, there’s an insecure, terrified little boy pretending to be in charge, faking it, and easily swept away by the first pretty young adoring intern who will go down on her knees before him. ”

“No one is in control. Obama isn’t getting anything done, despite being the most powerful person on the planet, because he can’t. The ‘leaders’ aren’t going to deal with climate change or peak oil or pandemic disease or unsustainable debts, because no one has the power or authority to do anything, and because it would be political suicide to admit that the only solutions that might work will be radical, painful, and require a lot of sacrifice from everyone. So all you get is posturing, and it’s just going to get worse.”

• Icarus says:

It’s an open thread, so I’ll allow it. But cut & pastes with no commentary from the poster are strongly frowned upon here.

And as for the subject matter, Malthus is ignored for good reason. He was wrong.

3. B Balz says:

@tech

Does this mean you join us on 11/19?

Bring a date: “… the first pretty young adoring intern who will go down on her knees before him. ”

4. Technocrat says:

Unfortunately after a wild and wolly 80’s and 90’s I given up the drinking and other things. Investing in a club was too much for me. Sad to see the problems some old friends still in business are having. Now a big night out is some Thai food also on Cheshire Bridge or Buford Highway.

Have one for me and watch out for the road blocks.
    If I were to show who would know.

As to C&P when they say it better than you do, failure to link or worse yet plagerize……….which is the worse crime.

I’m saving my orginal thoughts for Handel in the Spring, now that Deal is DONE , the detectives have been busy or at least the bills are large.

I’m thinking of applying for an Obama stimulus grant.

5. Progressive Dem says:

Somewhat random, but it is an open thread… I was reminded again today that the King siblings collected $800,000 to permit the “likeness” of their father to be carved into a statue on the Washington Mall. How can they possibly justify such a fee? This has to be one of the worst displays of greed, I’ve ever seen.

6. Donna Locke says:

I like Roy’s new house. Fits with the neighborhood. I took a good look at it when I drove by in Marietta few weeks ago. You know, our governor here in Tennessee — Phil Bredesen, the Democratic carpetbagger corporate-welfare-king — doesn’t live in our governor’s mansion, though you may have heard he built the world’s largest fallout shelter there, and indeed it has caught all kinds of fallout. No, Bredesen lives in his own house.

I looked at Roy’s place and wondered if he’s planning something like that. I mean, with the AJC moving out to the Perimeter and all.

Of course, this is all moot.