Interested In Doug MacGinnitie’s Campaign? There’s An App For That

Just got a press release from Doug MacGinnitie’s campaign claiming that he’s the first in Georgia to offer an iPhone app for his campaign. If interested, a link to download it is here.

The app has a home page with campaign and family pics, and tabs for his bio, events, volunteer signup, and the ever important donation button.

“I’m proud to launch this tool today that will help connect our campaign with supporters statewide,” said MacGinnitie. “One of my goals throughout this campaign and in office is to take a private sector approach, including new technology to improve efficiency.”

Thus, the first overt salvo in the battle to win Erick Erickson’s vote in the S.O.S. race has been fired.

1. drjay says:

wait–this must be a mistake–i’m sure kemp had an iphone app 1st–in fact he may have invented the iphone app during his run for ag commish–this is just another example of macginnitie stealing kemp’s ideas!!!

2. I Am Jacks Post says:

Awesome. So Doug has an iPhone app, but his website looks like this?

Balls, I know. . .

Having an iPhone app and a wretched website is as sensible as putting a quadraphonic Blaupunkt in a ’91 Chrysler LeBaron.

For what it’s worth, Deal was the first in Georgia to have an iPhone and Blackberry compatible website. And he had it, um, like 3 months or so ago. But, heck, a campaign app that you have to have an iPhone to run? You’d reach more 3/3 GOP voters running an ad on BET.

• Doug Deal says:

maconites are a shady bunch…

Your hidden racist attacks will not stand, dj J. Learn to spout racist comments like “I Am Jacks Post” and be overt about it.

You’d reach more 3/3 GOP voters running an ad on BET.

Besides, my mobile apps are not blackberries, they are dingleberries.

• Doug Deal says:

Yeah, for shame to have a clear, easy to navigate and read website instead of Deal’s giant head of narcissism.

Today’s blink or marquee tag is apparently the giant politican head.

3. BuckheadConservative says:

This is pretty cool. Now I’ll have something to do while I take a break from Mafia Wars.

4. I Am Jacks Post says:

Ohhh noez! -4 votes.

I was just kidding. Doug’s website is awesome and it was an astute strategic move to develop an iPhone app prior to building a decent website. And Icky’s frequent posts are legitimate news items and not transparent campaign updates provided by a MacGinnitie fluffer.

Come on people, hit the plus sign. Hiiiiiit itttttttttt!

• Icarus says:

You know, Kemp’s folks could send us a press release from time to time too. We might even post them.

Of course, that would open them up to criticism from the MacGinnitie camp claiming that it was their idea to send Peach Pundit press releases first.