More on RomneyGingrich12 and the Oxendine Campaign. Not Brian Laurens, But Someone Close to Ox

July 2, 2009 12:14 pm

by Erick · 84 comments

The other day I received an email from Tim Echols with the Oxendine campaign that he was aware of the problem involving Karen Handel’s wikipedia biography and would be dealing with it.

That’s the only communication I have received from the campaign.

A WSB reporter made me aware today that Brian Laurens, who I speculated could be RomneyGingrich12, has not only denied it, but issued a sworn affidavit to that effect.

I wish the campaign had bothered to contact me, but apparently they’ve decided to attack me as a Karen Handel “operative.” I’m glad, though that the campaign has cleared up the issue with Brian. As I laid out, I thought it was plausible based on the circumstantial evidence at the time, but was wrong. I apologize for the error.

So while I realize the Oxendine supporters will use this as a forum to go after me again for daring to speculate based on the circumstantial evidence at the time, as the Oxendine campaign seems intent on doing, the Oxendine campaign is not out of the woods by a long shot.

I now have the IP address from which RomneyGingrich12 made the changes to Karen Handel’s biography.

That IP address is a State of Georgia IP address that, I understand, connects from the Sloppy Floyd building. Unfortunately, it is also my understanding that it is pretty difficult to tell from there which computer, in fact, uses that particular IP address or it may rotate.

Here, though, is why it is most logical that the IP address is connected to someone working for, in a paid or voluntary capacity, John Oxendine:

1. The IP address was that address used by RomneyGingrich12 to alter Karen Handel’s biography.

2. RomneyWalker 12 altered Ray McBerry’s biography to point out that McBerry lost a straw poll to John Oxendine.

3. In a review of the last 100 changes to John Oxendine’s wikipedia biography, RomneyGingrich12 is extremely prevalent. Those changes include such things as

The list of RomneyGingrich12’s changes to Oxendine’s biography, some of them of a quite personal nature and they are positive mentions.

My speculation based on the evidence I had at the time has been denied by the campaign. That’s very good and I certainly apologize for being wrong in that speculation.

But here is undeniable fact: someone negatively altered Karen Handel’s biography from the Sloppy Floyd building and that same user account is tied to a multitude of positive changes to John Oxendine’s biography, some of which are of a person nature not sourced to outside media, see e.g. the birth reference and his “office transformation.”

I think it is reasonable to conclude that someone in a paid or voluntary capacity for John Oxendine using the name RomneyGingrich12 made the changes to Karen Handel’s and John Oxendine’s biographies. And it is an ascertainable fact that at least one of the changes RomneyGingrich12 made, that to Karen Handel’s biography, was made from government property.

*Title updated to be clear on Brian at GPB’s suggestion.

Pine Knot July 2, 2009 at 12:19 pm

Thank you for following up on this. It does look very suspecious. Whoever it was obviously has an agenda. Interesting that RomneyGingrich12 changed his location to California.

Bill Greene July 3, 2009 at 5:23 pm

Who is “RomneyWalker 12″? (See number 2 above)

LoyaltyIsMyHonor July 2, 2009 at 12:30 pm

Well, doing all of this from a State computer is not a good use of State resources. I do believe you could carry out a Open Records request to see not only which computer was used, but who was logged into it at that time. All of the log in information is saved on the network.

Saying that, I should probably stop posting to PP from work ;)

Pine Knot July 2, 2009 at 12:32 pm

As should I. Use of private dollars-not our tax money to do that type of thing. Not appropriate. Good point about a ORR.

John Konop July 2, 2009 at 12:31 pm

What this tells me is the rumor about Brian Laurens being on the boat with Cynthia McKinney drinking margaritas while playing war games could be false. I am checking Wikipedia to see how this got tied to Karen Handel by the OX team. I am sure it was all caused by the AJC, Erick Erickson, the liberal media, Icarus’s last girl friend………

GeorgePBurdell July 2, 2009 at 12:32 pm

Well, I’m glad you cleard that up, but I find it interesting that you continue to put it on the OX team. Perhaps it is someone that works for Karen in the SOS Office who just doesn’t want her to win. And I would also like to know what campaign staffer for john works in a gov’t building. And, if it is someone who supports John’s bid, I’m still not able to see anything bad about clarifying John’s info, or saying that Karen got her GED (which there is nothing wrong with, and is common knowledge). You are really getting pathetic now, just trying as hard as you can to CYA! You are really just digging your hole deeper and deeper! Get over it! I do not post on here every time a supporter of one of the campaigns says something bad, and neither should you!

I did like the run of posts on issues by the way! I enjoy reading those, and only feel a need to chime in when you get off course!

By the way, wanna see my High school diploma? I can pull it out when people question it… Or my college diploma. This really ends up hurting karen and John. So maybe it’s someone else…

Until next time…

GPB

John Konop July 2, 2009 at 12:44 pm

GeorgePBurdell

Is not a little early to be posting during happy hour? How many beers did take for you to come up with that absurd conclusion that the Handel emplyee is inflating OX while deflating her on STATE time? Please call a cab I would not want anyone to get hurt on your drive home from TacoMac!

griftdrift July 2, 2009 at 12:46 pm

“I wish the campaign had bothered to contact me, but apparently they’ve decided to attack me as a Karen Handel “operative.” I’m glad, though that the campaign has cleared up the issue with Brian.”

This is without a doubt the most passive-aggressive non-apology I’ve ever seen.

Based on pure speculation, not a shred of real evidence, hell, not even an anonymous source, you drag a guys name through the mud for days and when it turns out you were wrong, you have the audacity to whine that they should have contacted you first to clear up the matter?

I know politics is a rough sport, but Erick, you claim that this blog will not be used as a tool for any particular candidate. Also, as one of the most prominent blogs in the state of Georgia, your actions reflect on us all.

I’m going to be restrained and only say this episode the ethics of Peach Pundit are at least questionable.

I Am Jacks Post July 2, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Erick, we’re all still waiting on Handel to publicly demand a retraction from Rothenberg.

Rothenberg’s column still features the GED line. You’d think the campaign would be anxious to correct the record, if, in fact, the record was inaccurate.

Buzz Brockway July 2, 2009 at 12:53 pm

By attacking Erick the Ox campaign is trying to divert attention from the bigger story, which is some campaign person using a State computer for campaign purposes. The countdown to a George Anderson ethics complaint has begun.

Tim Echols needs to fire some butts, get this campaign on track or Ox will become yet another front runner who became an also ran.

Bill Simon July 2, 2009 at 4:09 pm

which is some campaign person using a State computer for campaign purposes.

Buzz…How the EFF do YOU know it was an “Ox campaign person?”

Man, you are acting as stupid (and irresponsible) as Erick did.

Buzz Brockway July 2, 2009 at 4:30 pm

So you’re supporting Oxendine? ‘Cause if we were talking about a candidate you weren’t supporting you’d be all over this.

Doug Deal July 2, 2009 at 4:31 pm

Agreed Buzz.

Bill Simon July 2, 2009 at 5:27 pm

Buzz,

All I am acting as is a neutralizer to sh*t like you, Doug, and Erick spout off at.

If you had BOTHERED to look at other posts I’ve made regarding Karen, you would have seen statements I made that also neutralized comments people made against Karen. Like, Goldwater Conservative did on one of the threads regarding his clear hatred for the thought ofany woman ascending to the seatofGovernor for this state.

Who I support and vote for is MY business in the polling booth.

SO…I ask again, Buzz: How do you know that the person who edited the Wikipedia entry is officially ON the Ox campaign? Because THAT is a freaking ASSumptionon your part.

A person who “supports” the Ox campaign is a different meaning than a campaign person using a State computer for campaign purposes.

If neither you nor Doug can see that, then I suggest you two shred your Georgia Tech degrees because it is clear you don’t possess the modicum of basic logic to address the issue in a neutral (“Devil’s Advocate”) manner. :-)

Bill Simon July 2, 2009 at 5:30 pm

NOTE: My computer’s keyboard has a problem with the Space Bar…thus the often run-on of words without any space gap between them. It ain’t working none too good.

Buzz Brockway July 2, 2009 at 10:20 pm

Well we can say that Martians did it but I think Erick has shown it’s pretty clear someone favorable to Oxendine’s campaign altered the Wikipedia pages. State employees are unlikely to do it as they are well schooled in the risks and unlikely to put their job on the line just because Ox might win. Therefore it’s reasonable to assume it was a person within the Oxendine campaign.

You act as if to look at the evidence Erick has laid out and follow the facts to where they lead is lunacy. I’m not a cop, but I’ve watched enough cop shows on TV to know the direction the evidence points is normally where the quilt lies. :-)

I want to like Ox. I think he’s done a darn fine job as Insurance Commissioner. He could do that as Governor, but frankly I’ve been troubled by the news about him lately.

The donation problem, the appointment of that same big donor, and now the likely use of State computers for campaign purposes give me great pause about his candidacy. If his campaign doesn’t cut this kind of crap out he’ll get destroyed by whatever Democrat he faces should he be the nominee.

Bill Simon July 2, 2009 at 10:56 pm

Buzz,

A-HAHAHAHHAHAHHA!

That’s funny!

My favorite show was Columbo because the obvious “normally where the quilt lies” was almost ALWAYS wrong. ‘Nuff said.

Doug Deal July 2, 2009 at 12:56 pm

With Brian Laurens sworn denial, and the fact that no evidence points directly to him clears him of blame. I would not have mentioned anyone by name without hard evidence, and I apologize to BL for interpretting Erick’s post as if he did have that hard evidence.

GeorgePBurdell July 2, 2009 at 1:01 pm

By the way, if it were me, I’d suggest you change the title to reflect brian is innocent, and make sure it stays up top! I’m sure you have caused Mr. Laurens a lot of greif! It is the least one could do after falsely accusing someone and trying your best to ruin their political career. Just my 2cents!

GPB

Erick July 2, 2009 at 1:02 pm

GPB, good idea.

Doug Deal July 2, 2009 at 1:08 pm

Hey Bill. See, Erick changed this topic, but notice how the URL still has the old name?

Erick July 2, 2009 at 1:13 pm

Hahahaha. I thought the same thing.

griftdrift July 2, 2009 at 1:15 pm

You just don’t give a damn about the consequences of your actions, do you, Erick.

Bill Simon July 2, 2009 at 1:20 pm

Erick,

You had ZERO “circumstantial evidence” it was EVER Brian Laurens.

“Circumstantial” points to circumstances in, at minimum the same TIME PERIOD of the act.

The fact that Brian Laurens was kicked off the front page of PP 2 years ago for disclosing Steve Handel’s identity is NOT “circumstantial evidence.”

And, Doug? If you think it is, you’re a moron. No, let me correct my grammar: If you think an act 2 years ago, unrelated to a Wikipedia editing process, constitutes “circumstantial evidence,” then you are an effing moron.

Doug Deal July 2, 2009 at 1:51 pm

I know you are, but what am I?

Bill Simon July 2, 2009 at 5:32 pm

Someone who actually is appearing to be a waste of my FB friend capacity.

Kellie July 2, 2009 at 5:37 pm

No de-friending of PP pals.

Doug Deal July 2, 2009 at 6:02 pm

Kellerator,

I can only laugh at such a silly thing as to use a FB defriending as a passive agressive threat. Maybe next he will get all the other girls to stop talking to me during recess.

Kellie July 2, 2009 at 6:05 pm

Brian Laurens did it to me. It hurt my feelings. ;-( lol

Doug Deal July 2, 2009 at 6:08 pm

aaaaaahhhh

Bill Greene July 3, 2009 at 5:33 pm

Brian Laurens got all the other girls to stop talking to you during recess?

Jason Shepherd July 2, 2009 at 1:39 pm

It does have to be someone that has a better than average knowledge of Oxendine, but that does not mean it is necessarily someone at the the DOI. Most of the basic stuff are points that Oxendine has mentioned in almost every speech he has given for the past several years. I had forgotten Ivy’s exact due date, but I know she’s told me and I know Oxendine has also mentioned it in speeches.

Sloppy Floyd is a big complex holding numerous state offices and agencies. It is 40 stories of offices from the Sec. of State to Education to Insurance.

I’m not saying it did not come from DOI, I’m just saying that, just like the rush to accuse Brian Laurens, which is now obvious that it was a false accusation, let’s get an open records request and see who visited Wikipedia.

However, whether or not Karen Handel got at GED or an actual diploma is quite frankly bordering on irrelevant. There are many, many Georgia voters, and more than that, many Republican voters who only have GEDs. That would include some members of my own family here in Georgia who are active Republican voters.

Whoever edited the Wikipedia could have done it out of malice or ignorance. It could have been a misinterpretation of what has been repeated by the Handel campaign that she, “got a job and then finished high school.”

This is not like what Morton Brilliant did, editing Mark Taylor’s profile on Wikipedia to include the DUI arrest of his son, an item that was in the regular media.

I don’t know if Brilliant did the right thing by resigning from Cox’s campaign, given that the edit was true and public knowledge.

Bill Greene July 3, 2009 at 5:37 pm

Heyyyy…. that’s right. I’ve used that wifi many times. I didn’t even think about that – anyone could have posted that Wiki entry.

In fact, I think I’ll post one myself next time I’m there, and look at the IP. I just have to post anonymously, since I was banned from WP some time ago.

True Grit July 2, 2009 at 1:57 pm

Let’s look at the facts regarding this whole pot that Erick has stirred up:

–FACT Erick has publicly endorsed Karen Handel. This gives him complete and total motive to slander not only the Oxendine campaign, but Deal, McBerry, Johnson and Scott campaigns….not to mention the Barnes campaign and all of the Democrats as well.

The fact is Erick has issued one of the ugliest and nastiest attacks on behalf of the Handel camp that has been seen so far in this campaign and NOW has to back track because he has absolutely NO EVIDENCE and the fact that his circumstantial evidence blew up around him like Wile E. Coyete and a stick of Acme dynamite.

–FACT Erick NOW alledges that the changes to Handel’s wiki profile comes from an IP address in the Sloppy Floyd building. Further he has blatantly alledged and inferred with undocumented evidence it came from one of Oxendine’s official state offices.

The fact is, Erick AGAIN has offered NO proof in this latest Karen Handel/Bill Clinton type of negative attack. Here we have a KNOWN Handel supporter and staffer attacking another campaign without offering a shred of proof. It is getting to be VERY typical of Mrs. Handel and her staff to run this type of smear campaign with the only outcome being lost Handel votes.

In my opinion, Handel needs to do 3 things:

1. Provide public proof of her High School Diploma or her GED along with her student file that shows her grades.

2. Publicly disavow Erick’s attacks and repudiate them as he is a known and active member of her campaign.

3. All of these allegations have been by a Handel staffer (among others on this blog site.) Karen Handel needs to provide PROOF that no one on HER staff, including her husband Steve, made these changes.

The REAL question is this: If Erick doesn’t provide proof regarding this latest allegation, how long will it be before the GBI or the Attorney General’s office starts subpoening Handel’s campaign files?

drjay July 2, 2009 at 2:02 pm

i would be quite shocked if the att gen or gbi would be all that interested in campaign shenanigans on the level of high school pranks, or our on and on about it on some blog but whatever, i do love that coyote–always wanted the road runner to end up with the anvil on his head for a change…

Dash Riptide July 2, 2009 at 2:08 pm

Why? Road runner never bothers anyone.

drjay July 2, 2009 at 2:31 pm

roadrunner just rubs me the wrong way–a bit too prideful perhaps…

Dash Riptide July 2, 2009 at 2:38 pm

Fair enough.

Full disclosure: I’m an ACME shareholder.

Andisheh Nouraee July 2, 2009 at 2:09 pm

>>But here is undeniable fact: someone negatively altered Karen Handel’s biography from the Sloppy Floyd building and that same user account is tied to a multitude of positive changes to John Oxendine’s biography,

Dang! My guess was Mrs. Peacock in the Billiard Room.

I was totally gonna vote for Oxendine until I saw on Wikipedia he closed the insurance office at 7pm.

Doug Deal July 2, 2009 at 2:14 pm

You forgot the weapon. Obvious it was an iPhone.

Jason Shepherd July 2, 2009 at 3:28 pm

definitely an Iphone.

Progressive Dem July 2, 2009 at 2:10 pm

Erick needs to man up with a public apology to the person he smeared.

He also should man up to a personal phone call to the person he smeared.

He also should give equal time or space on Peach Pundit to the person he smeared.

yellowb July 2, 2009 at 2:41 pm

not sure how Erick is helping handel’s campaign with this. seems to me he’s doing more

yellowb July 2, 2009 at 2:41 pm

harm.

Technocrat July 2, 2009 at 2:55 pm

“I would also like to point out the fact that the cafeteria of the Sloppy Floyd building has free, public wi-fi. If that is maintained by the state rather than a private vendor, it is likely that it has the same IP address. That means anyone with a lap top could be the responsible party.”

Awhile back I was “wardriving and war walking” look for WiFi leakage near the capital…………………………..you DO NOT have to be inside the buildings but you must know the leakage spots. Of course you must have a State ID and password or one of a dozen types of software to break the codes:

It is so very easy to spoof an existing employee as the network allows multiple sessions from different devices SIMULTANEOUSLY with the same name and passwords.

Bill Simon July 2, 2009 at 2:57 pm

He also should man up to a personal phone call to the person he smeared.

“man-up.” First, one has to be an adult. Quite frankly, the blog action Erick took against Brian Laurens (and supported by people like Doug Deal) reminds me of the book Lord of the Flies. And, as those of you who are familiar with the book, there were no adults on the island. There are very few on this blog as well.

Erick thinks he’s Lord of the Blogs. Methinks his head is constantly surrounded by buzzing flies, much like the head of the pig in the original book.

Kellie July 2, 2009 at 3:20 pm

It wasn’t Brian?
And Brian isn’t True Grit? In that case True Grit did it! ;-)

Doug Deal July 2, 2009 at 4:24 pm

Bill,

So does this make me one of the cool kids dressed up like an indian, or one of the nerdy brainiacs smashed by a rock?

Bill Simon July 2, 2009 at 5:34 pm

You tried to push the rock to roll over Laurens…instead, the rock rolled back over you.

Doug Deal July 2, 2009 at 6:03 pm

Laurens is a rock, and so is his boss.

ugadog July 2, 2009 at 3:02 pm

The person who has gained from this the most is Karen. She’s who I would bet on.

Dash Riptide July 2, 2009 at 3:06 pm

Nobody has gained from this, except maybe the MSM.

Bill Simon July 2, 2009 at 5:35 pm

You think the MSM has actually picked-up on this? Who the heck subscribes to the AJC paper anymore to be absorbed by this?

Dash Riptide July 2, 2009 at 5:46 pm

Well, I just watched it on Wizzbee.

Bill Simon July 2, 2009 at 5:48 pm

I stand corrected. WSB TV News has a story with Lori Geary….this will have the lifespan of approximately 85 seconds in ANYONE’s mind.

Dash Riptide July 2, 2009 at 5:54 pm

Still, the MSM can point to this and say: “See, blogging isn’t anything resembling journalism.” Besides, the rhetorical signal “except maybe” doesn’t mean what you seem to think it means.

Buzz Brockway July 2, 2009 at 3:29 pm

I don’t think discussing whether Karen Handel has a GED or a HS Diploma is what the Handel campaign wants.

South Fulton Guy July 2, 2009 at 3:04 pm

One wonders how John Oxendine can even tie his shoes without True Grit’s support.

Technocrat July 2, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Just incase you want to change or spoof an existing authorized* MAC address here are step by step instructions.
* one you have already sniffed from an unsuspecting user.

Bill Greene July 3, 2009 at 5:43 pm

LOL, I thought you meant people could spoof my .Mac email address (now MobileMe)!

You crazy Windoze people, always bandying about acronyms…

DoubleDawg3 July 2, 2009 at 3:34 pm

I agree that no one’s gained from this, as it’s a minor issue, if one at all, to voters in the State of Georgia, except for the politically “hardcore” that are on here (and I’d imagine most on here already know who they’re voting for or likely to vote for). BUT, if someone were to gain from it, I think it’d be anyone other than Handel & Oxendine, as the two of them keep playing in the mud with one another while the other candidates stay above the fray.

Jason Shepherd July 2, 2009 at 3:35 pm

I couldn’t agree more DoubleDawg.

Jason Shepherd July 3, 2009 at 12:07 am

Actually DoubleDawg, let me add a caveat. In this case Handel seems to be playing in the mud with Erick and no one else.

Red Phillips July 2, 2009 at 3:36 pm

This whole thing seems like a mountain out of a mole hill to me. The key issue would be whether the person who made the change knew the GED issue was false and changed it anyway in an attempt to smear her, or if they thought they were posting the truth and just got it wrong. If the latter then it is grade school and a big waste of time but not some nefarious conspiracy. Wikipedia is a public access site, and it is not unreasonable to post information there that is damaging to your opponent as long as it is true and doesn’t violate the rules of the site. Let’s say your opponent voted for the bailout. Would it be scandalous to post that information on Wikipedia?

The bigger issue to me is why Erick, who is supposed to be this big conservative, is supporting the most obvious moderate Establishmentarian in the bunch. Now I know the Handel supporters are going to whine and moan about what proof do I have that she is a moderate or whatever, but that she represents moderate business as usual is a widespread and well understood by all perception. And she has the backing of many moderates in the same way that OX is perceived to have the backing of conservatives.

Ray McBerry is clearly the most conservative candidate running. If Erick is the big conservative he pretends to be he should be supporting McBerry. Otherwise he is just flapping his gums. McBerry is a litmus test of real conservatism here in Georgia just as Ron Paul was at the national level. Are our “conservative leaders” going to lead, or are they going keep playing pragmatic politics as we kiss the Republic good-bye and slide toward social democratic hell?

South Fulton Guy July 2, 2009 at 4:07 pm

Red,

What makes McBerry in your mind the most conservative and Handel the most moderate, other than you saying it over and over?

Even with that preemptive comment to fend off predictable and reasonable inquiries, surely it can’t be hard for to articulate seems to be a core belief of yours.

More importantly why we should value anyone’s feedback devoid of a compelling and constructive argument?

Bill Simon July 2, 2009 at 4:12 pm

Using logic on this blog is irresponsible and hurtful to all bloggers everywhere.

IndyInjun July 2, 2009 at 4:19 pm

Not to mention Deal supporters.

I logically sketched out that Deal is not a Republican as defined by the party platform and creed, then challenged every Deal Supporter or Republican to show me where the principles of the party have changed to fit their boy’s votes.

They haven’t.

They can’t.

Deal’s opponents will eat him alive using his Washington record.

Bill Greene July 3, 2009 at 5:46 pm

Link please. :)

macho July 2, 2009 at 4:39 pm

Oxendine’s “bio” on wikipedia is hilarious. All of his scandals have been wiped clean and it reads like a campaign website. No mention of the fiascos with the state cars, the blue lights or the fact his campaign had to give back illegal contributions amounting to 10% of his warchest.

Romegaguy July 2, 2009 at 5:02 pm

I am shocked that people would use state computers to do something like this… [sarcasm]

GOPGeorgia July 2, 2009 at 6:24 pm

Erick,

First question: Why do I have to be an OX supporter if I buy into one of the 5 theories you have offered? Can’t I be a casual observer?

Second question: Is there no room for any other theories? I’m not saying I have one, but are you willing to bet YOUR LIFE that it is one of these six scenarios and no other possibility? Are you willing to bet YOUR LIFE that your one scenario is correct? Are you willing to bet YOUR LIFE that Brain Laurens did it?

Third and last question: “As I laid out, I thought it was plausible based on the circumstantial evidence at the time, but was wrong. I apologize for the error.” Are you saying that Brian Laurens has worked in the sloppy Floyd building? You said that you have had this information and wanted to see how the OX team would react. There is an inconsistency there. I wanted to point it out. Either you really thought Brian Laurens did it from the Sloppy Floyd building with a laptop, (clue reference), or you knowing drug his name through the mud just to see how the OX team would react.

You don’t owe Laurens a casual “I apologize for the error” comment, you need to buy the man a steak dinner. I said I didn’t think he did it, and I am glad that seems to be the case. The longer you go without really apologizing, the less people will think of you. I’m just sayin.

Jason Shepherd July 2, 2009 at 6:25 pm

Erick, you have all of this proof. Why not show it to all of us?

Doug Deal July 2, 2009 at 6:32 pm

Jason,

I think because it is secret evidence, the kind that you just display as a stack of papers and make reference to.

Jason Shepherd July 3, 2009 at 12:08 am

Is that anything like double secret probation?

Doug Deal July 3, 2009 at 12:46 am

FOOD FIGHT!!!!

Dash Riptide July 2, 2009 at 8:59 pm

Actually, having seen that affidavit now, it seems that he only swore not to have done anything as “RomneyGingrich2012.” You don’t think that maybe…

Nah. Forget I said anything.

Dash Riptide July 2, 2009 at 9:37 pm

But still, the affidavit as written is meaningless since its language is not broadly worded but is instead specific to a non-existent moniker. If they’re going to beat the Handelistas over the head with it, it should at least say what it needs to say.

GOPGeorgia July 2, 2009 at 9:43 pm

That’s why I said “seems to be the case.” I still don’t think he did anything, but I’m not saying that anyone didn’t do it unless they were with me at the time it was changed. I know it wasn’t me.

Dash Riptide July 2, 2009 at 9:55 pm

The only thing that bothers me is the question-begging wording of the affidavit. Do you really go to the trouble of crafting an affidavit that narrowly and then get the wiki user name wrong accidentally? Thomas Wheatley made the same mistake at Fresh Loaf, so I know it’s possible, but drafting a legal document is not at all like whipping up a blog post as quickly as possible. It’s just danged peculiar from my POV.

Dash Riptide July 2, 2009 at 10:30 pm

Okay, so Erick himself referred to “RomneyGingrich2012″ here:

The affidavit still doesn’t mean anything, but Laurens does have a plausible explanation for its current form.

Bill Simon July 3, 2009 at 6:42 pm

Quit being “bothered” by anything you don’t know, Dash.

Dash Riptide July 3, 2009 at 6:48 pm

I know what I see, and I know what Philadelphia lawyering looks like.

Hi Randy!

akagorilla July 3, 2009 at 1:58 pm

George Anderson is a joke. Let’s blame it all on him just for the fun of it.

Dash Riptide July 3, 2009 at 2:05 pm

‘Kay.

Comments on this entry are closed.