The other day I received an email from Tim Echols with the Oxendine campaign that he was aware of the problem involving Karen Handel’s wikipedia biography and would be dealing with it.
That’s the only communication I have received from the campaign.
A WSB reporter made me aware today that Brian Laurens, who I speculated could be RomneyGingrich12, has not only denied it, but issued a sworn affidavit to that effect.
I wish the campaign had bothered to contact me, but apparently they’ve decided to attack me as a Karen Handel “operative.” I’m glad, though that the campaign has cleared up the issue with Brian. As I laid out, I thought it was plausible based on the circumstantial evidence at the time, but was wrong. I apologize for the error.
So while I realize the Oxendine supporters will use this as a forum to go after me again for daring to speculate based on the circumstantial evidence at the time, as the Oxendine campaign seems intent on doing, the Oxendine campaign is not out of the woods by a long shot.
I now have the IP address from which RomneyGingrich12 made the changes to Karen Handel’s biography.
That IP address is a State of Georgia IP address that, I understand, connects from the Sloppy Floyd building. Unfortunately, it is also my understanding that it is pretty difficult to tell from there which computer, in fact, uses that particular IP address or it may rotate.
Here, though, is why it is most logical that the IP address is connected to someone working for, in a paid or voluntary capacity, John Oxendine:
1. The IP address was that address used by RomneyGingrich12 to alter Karen Handel’s biography.
2. RomneyWalker 12 altered Ray McBerry’s biography to point out that McBerry lost a straw poll to John Oxendine.
3. In a review of the last 100 changes to John Oxendine’s wikipedia biography, RomneyGingrich12 is extremely prevalent. Those changes include such things as
- noting Oxendine is a conservative;
- noting Oxendine is both Insurance Commissioner and a businessman;
- noting Oxendine at the Office of Insurance Commissioner “brought change to the OIC by creating a culture of customer service, by keeping the office open eleven hours a day (8am-7pm), and reorganizing the Consumer Services Division-to date more than 182 million in disputed claims has been recovered for the Georgians, changing the culture to a “consumer friendly” atmosphere, and creating the Georgia Telemedicine Program in Georgia”;
- noting Oxendine is an “entrepreneur” and giving the full and proper name of his campaign;
- adding a “W.” to John Oxendine’s name;
- noting he has served for 15 years;
- noting without attribution to any outside sources that the Oxendines “are expecting their fourth child, Jake Oxendine on July 6th“; and
- changing the fact that Oxendine is running for Governor to noting he is leading the race for Governor.
The list of RomneyGingrich12′s changes to Oxendine’s biography, some of them of a quite personal nature and they are positive mentions.
My speculation based on the evidence I had at the time has been denied by the campaign. That’s very good and I certainly apologize for being wrong in that speculation.
But here is undeniable fact: someone negatively altered Karen Handel’s biography from the Sloppy Floyd building and that same user account is tied to a multitude of positive changes to John Oxendine’s biography, some of which are of a person nature not sourced to outside media, see e.g. the birth reference and his “office transformation.”
I think it is reasonable to conclude that someone in a paid or voluntary capacity for John Oxendine using the name RomneyGingrich12 made the changes to Karen Handel’s and John Oxendine’s biographies. And it is an ascertainable fact that at least one of the changes RomneyGingrich12 made, that to Karen Handel’s biography, was made from government property.
*Title updated to be clear on Brian at GPB’s suggestion.