Governor Perdue gets to appoint a Justice of the Georgia Supreme Court. Care to offer up any ideas?
Here’s my thinking:
1. I hear the Governor is taking this appointment very, very seriously.
2. The Governor is mindful that a number of his Superior Court picks were promptly taken out at the next election and doesn’t want that for the Supreme Court.
3. He wants an actual intellectual judge, which he does not view to mean a prominent lawyer.
4. He really wants a conservative, i.e. “non-activist” judge, in his mind.
5. The next Justice of the Supreme Court will not come from metro Atlanta.
6. He is weighing a balance of character and background to pick the real heavy hitter for the Supreme Court, recognizing he’s also going to fill some spots on the Court of Appeals.
7. The Justice will not be over 50.